Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• the subs were cool maan

Umm, Microsoft owns bungie, so yeah. And while many video games have crap for storys, Halo is an exceptional exception. Halo's story is better then any of Disneys current films, and any sci-fi movies that are out now. Dont hold strong opinions about things you dont understand.....Obviously you havent played the game

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Umm, Microsoft owns bungie, so yeah. And while many video games have crap for storys, Halo is an exceptional exception. Halo's story is better then any of Disneys current films, and any sci-fi movies that are out now. Dont hold strong opinions about things you dont understand.....Obviously you havent played the game
    Halo's story really isn't that great from what I understand, it ranks below Final Fantasy but above most typical shooters

I don't think it's quite to the Metal Gear Solid level (I swear Kojama or however you spell his name really wants to do movies with all the cutscenes he puts in his games)

and I don't know what you mean by Sci Fi movies there's tons of good sci fi

no way Halo could even beat out a TVshow like Stargate SG-1

I suppose it could easily top the StarWars prequals though

there are tons of games that have better plots that Disney's current films though

Halo is a moderate shooter really, it's mostly impressive for it's accomplishments in counsole gaming and this time around we didn't have that many good shooters (GoldenEye and Perfect Dark were all on the N64 and the Bond games that EA is throwing out arn't very playable/fun/good)

• Vehicle rotating backward

I don't want to be mean, but this is a bad idea. Not only does it rely on an unlikely corporate alliance, but big fancy E-tickets have to last a long time and individual videogames are usually a fad until the next big game comes along.

About the only games that would stand the test of time are the really well known old ones like Pac-Man or Tetris.

• Minion

Halo is over rated. Half Life is where it's at... Although Halo online is awfully fun!

I knew you people wouldnt like it. It could work in EPCOT, but Tomorrowland needs a really good high-speed high-tech E-Ticket.

And so, if Innoventions was the que, and you installed an elevator that took you beneath the tracks, you could have the ride outside the park, like haunted mansion, pirates, and Indy. As far as it not being Disney, what about Star Tours? Thats not even a Disney movie. Nor is Indiana Jones. Nor is TOT. It doesnt necessarily have to be a Disney movie. And who gives a crap about it being a movie or a game? Video games are popular too, there no "fad". As for it being violent, they're are rides in Disneyland about killing people, stealing they're "plunder", or cutting off there heads and selling them.

Halo: The Maw could help tomorrowland become tomorrowland

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    I knew you people wouldnt like it. It could work in EPCOT, but Tomorrowland needs a really good high-speed high-tech E-Ticket.

And so, if Innoventions was the que, and you installed an elevator that took you beneath the tracks, you could have the ride outside the park, like haunted mansion, pirates, and Indy. As far as it not being Disney, what about Star Tours? Thats not even a Disney movie. Nor is Indiana Jones. Nor is TOT. It doesnt necessarily have to be a Disney movie. And who gives a crap about it being a movie or a game? Video games are popular too, there no "fad". As for it being violent, they're are rides in Disneyland about killing people, stealing they're "plunder", or cutting off there heads and selling them.

Halo: The Maw could help tomorrowland become tomorrowland
    Epcot would have the SPACE for it but Epcot doesn't have the THEME for it, futureworld is still more science/reality based then Tomorrowland is

it could work with WDW's Tomorrowland were they have both the space and the theme

you really need to look at that link I posted up earlier, there isn't any real space behind Innoventions, it's basicaly the Traintracks a few trees that make up the Berm and then your talking about building on a street corner

the Innoventions building is about the same size as Space Mountain building, the Circlevision que was already hidiously long, an attraction that used up the entire Innoventions building as que would be so insanly long in wait time people would go insane

while I'll agree that there are a few video games that could be considered not a fad (hey most people will still recognize Mario and his origional theme song after all these years and with the constant reporting of the game Mario is bound to be remebered for a long time ) I can't see Halo really being remebered 20 years down the line, Halo was a good console shooter but it wasn't brand defining or anything, it won't be remebered like Doom (practicaly everyone's first person shooter)

as far as ToT, Star Tours and Indy go, those rides all have tie ins but all those things have impacted our culture on a large scale, Star Wars helped define a new age of science fiction movies, Indy helped define the whole idea of an arceologist going into places and collecting artifacts and um fighting nazi's (honestly Raiders of the Lost Ark is all Indy will really be remebered for, Temple of Doom and the Last Crusade just didn't offer nearly as much)

yes I'm sure if Disney wanted to they could do this ride very well and the violence could be tuned down accordingly, I've already said I don't see Violence as too much of a problem, Halo is awfuly dry on the bloody side

of course rather then getting caught in the merits of the theme itself I think that the real thing here would be to take a ride that uses a Warthog like vehical (or basicaly the Indy ride vehical) and combine it with the technology of Buzz

a ride with the technology of Indy and the interactivity of Buzz would be impressive on many levels and would be a great crossbread in the development of theme park rides (kind of like how Atlantis at Seaworld is a crossbread)

Im sure Halo will be remembered in 20 years but im not so sure of Indy. Its a great ride, and should never be replaced, but considering how ignorant people are increasingly getting they will think that Indy is some jungle poacher.

And if they told the story good enough in the QUE, the ride could stand on its own and people could forget that it originated as a FPS video game and just sit back, enjoy it, and have a good time without complaining so much about how a ride originated, especially if its a good ride

Now Monsters Inc in DCA and a Little Mermaid ride in DCA, well thats a whole 'nother story

• A Little Rabid

Halo would work in Six Flags or Universal.
    But not Disney. We're already getting a copy of Astro Blasters so that should be enough. Plus it's a wee bit too violent and let me say, there will be half of the female attendance who would either be bored out of their minds or completely avoid the ride. I said half not all. I'm familiar that there are female gamers and geeks out there. Salute.
    Sure, there was once Alien Encounter. But look what happened to that. And a Halo ride would promote more prophanity in a family oriented park.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer
    But look what happened to that. And a Halo ride would promote more prophanity in a family oriented park.
    How in any way would that promote profanity*? There is almost no profanity in Halo, with the exception of the marines, once or twice. But the MC never uses profanity, and the ride would have no use of it either.

Saying Halo encourages profanity is like saying Mario encourages you to do shrooms because "they make you grow"

And what about Alice in Wonderland? You know that that ride/movie is about Alice taking drugs, you know it, and everybody else knows it. What is the Catipillar smoking out of the hooka? Why does she eat mushrooms, and grow to different sizes? Why does this whole thing start after she drinks out of a vial?

• Sock Puppet

I agree with the comment regarding Halo's acceptance at a park like Six Flags. Although the video game is very popular (understatement) it doesn't mold very well with traditional Disney themes. The crowds attending Disney's theme parks are hardly similar to those spending hours, days, even weeks in front of their XBOX playing this multi-functional shooter.

It fits as much as Star Tours does

Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer
    Halo would work in Six Flags or Universal.
    But not Disney. We're already getting a copy of Astro Blasters so that should be enough. Plus it's a wee bit too violent and let me say, there will be half of the female attendance who would either be bored out of their minds or completely avoid the ride. I said half not all. I'm familiar that there are female gamers and geeks out there. Salute.
    Sure, there was once Alien Encounter. But look what happened to that. And a Halo ride would promote more prophanity in a family oriented park.
    I can't imagine a highly themed anything being in Six Flags o_o

maybe a steel coaster with a slightly themed Que and the words Halo being written for it's name, possibly the tracks being painted to Master Cheif's color scheme and um lots of loops?

and like I said the violence could be turned down and I doubt that females would be turned away from this attraction (though I doubt many family's would be that enticed to enter it either)

it's just the name isn't going to hold marketable clout forever and even now the main audience of Halo doesn't quite Mesh with Disney's (or universals)

the investment wouldn't be worth it just to get the Halo name and characters Halo's popularity is very fadish and isn't based much on actual substance

I doubt it would turn people away like Alien Encounter but yeah

I can see it causing profanity of all the Halo fans come into the park and start cussing all of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I can see it causing profanity of all the Halo fans come into the park and start cussing all of the time

Yeah, and indiana jones makes me just want to run around in a temple cracking my whip

But how does the nerdy-a$$ audience of Star Tours interact with the typical disneyland audiance?

A halo ride would be good because, Disneyland is for the family. BUt remember, there are teenagers in familys. And I'm going to say that 9/10 teenagers have atleast played halo, probably beaten the game. So they would have a basic understanding since it takes place at the very end of the game.

If you can find a teenager who hasnt played Halo, do me a favor and hit him

Star Wars is made up of so much more then the hardcore fans though

many people who just casualy watch movies love starwars and it's almost a family thing to take your kids to watch star wars movies

and in praticular the origional films are very enduring

Halo has a good portion of the console market right now but it's demographic isn't nearly as far reaching as it appears to be on the surface, it doesn't have a draw for the casual observer and you are relying on it's marketing pool on the hardcore fans

your also assuming that those hardcore fans arn't just teenagers with small amounts of travel money because they spent it all on their online gaming subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    your also assuming that those hardcore fans arn't just teenagers with small amounts of travel money because they spent it all on their online gaming subscription
    Well your wrong there because XBOX live is $50 a year. I know because I have it.

The key thing here is, the ride is going to stand on its own. The que will tell the story. By the time you go through it, you dont even have to have played the game to know what the ride was about. But for the people who have played the game, it will be cool, and as well as for people who ride the ride first then play the game

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast