Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Well your wrong there because XBOX live is $50 a year. I know because I have it.

The key thing here is, the ride is going to stand on its own. The que will tell the story. By the time you go through it, you dont even have to have played the game to know what the ride was about. But for the people who have played the game, it will be cool, and as well as for people who ride the ride first then play the game
    I can exagerate if I want, FFXI is $13 a month I don't care, there's college and other crud to worry about ontop of that

anywho yes I have no doubt that the attraction could stand on it's own (I said just a few posts back that the real gem would be to have an attraction that was Indy like but used targets like Buzz has)

but now your entering the relm of a niche market (people that go to both Disney Parks AND play halo) they could do just as well to theme a ride to their own story (like A:E), the whole reason you invest in getting a commercial name for a ride is so that you use the cloat to pull people who enjoy the movie into the park

otherwise it's best to just stick with origional ideas (which tend to last longer and once your in the park are much more enjoyable, Indy is one of the few acceptions because he perfectly matches the theme of adventureland)

• the subs were cool maan

The entire Halo franchise has sold 12 million copys

12-Million-Copys

You say that the reason why they make movie-rides is because if the individual likes the movie, it will make them want to see the ride

12 Million people so far Have a copy of Halo/2. Many more have atleast heard of the story. All you need to know prior to entering this attraction is ZER0. But for all of the people who like the game, when they see an advertisement for a Halo ride, they will be crazy and camp outside of disneyland the day it opens.

As for matching the themed land goes, Halo actually takes place in the future, as opposed to Buzz because Buzz is based from a character on a TV series which in turn is based on a generic toy spaceman from the pixar movie Toy Story.

So if people forget about the game in 20 years, maybe they will think (if its still there) that this is an original ride since you would need no knowledge of the game)

and I'm saying that honestly it's scope still isn't as encompassing as a movie

Halo is a fad, it hasn't done much of anything to actualy define anything and Halo 2 defines even less (in some ways Halo 2 took a step backwords)

Halo will probably only be a trilogy or something like that from what I've heard

and I've already said that Buzz isn't the Buzz from Toy Story he's the Buzz from Buzz Lightyear of star command aka a Sci Fi character

it doesn't matter in the end though

I just don't see Halo justifying the investment, it's mostly made up of hype

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    and I'm saying that honestly it's scope still isn't as encompassing as a movie

Halo is a fad, it hasn't done much of anything to actualy define anything and Halo 2 defines even less (in some ways Halo 2 took a step backwords)

Halo will probably only be a trilogy or something like that from what I've heard

and I've already said that Buzz isn't the Buzz from Toy Story he's the Buzz from Buzz Lightyear of star command aka a Sci Fi character

it doesn't matter in the end though

I just don't see Halo justifying the investment, it's mostly made up of hype
    Actually BUZZ is all hype because all they really did was just make a show based on what was supposed to be a generic toy in a movie. All they did was take a toy and took what he represented and made that a show

When the Halo movie comes out, this ride would work in Disneyland's Tomorrowland

Actually BUZZ is all hype because all they really did was just make a show based on what was supposed to be a generic toy in a movie. All they did was take a toy and took what he represented and made that a show

When the Halo movie comes out, this ride would work in Disneyland's Tomorrowland
    the difference is Disney doesn't have to pay for Buzz, Buzz just jumped right into their arms and Buzz draws in the entire family rather then only a member of the family

the Halo movie should be an interesting release, most video game movies are pretty attrocious, I have yet to see a really good game based movie

Doom sounds like it will be a huge dissapointment, Resident Evil has done alright I suppose but is dissapointing fans of that series pretty badly, lets not even get Started on Tomb Raider

and Super Mario Brothers? lol they danced with the goombas rather then stoping them flat (and the Dinosaurs I mean that movie was just o_O)

• A Little Rabid

The only way I'd let Halo in Tomorrowland... WDW's Tomorrowland is if they slap a pair of Mickey ears on Master Chief. But that would be really out of place.

Might as well make a Kingdom Hearts game while we're on the subject of video games. Now that could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer
    The only way I'd let Halo in Tomorrowland... WDW's Tomorrowland is if they slap a pair of Mickey ears on Master Chief. But that would be really out of place.

Might as well make a Kingdom Hearts game while we're on the subject of video games. Now that could work.
    lol that would be hilarious, it would only match WDW's TOmorrowland space and theme wise, also WDW doesn't have an Indy so it wouldn't be as redundant (though it would make one of AK's main rides pretty darn redundant)

I would love to have a Kingdom Hearts ride though it would work great for fantasyland or somesort of Disneyland II park (I once thought of this concept it'd be pretty neat )

One of the things that makes the Game of Halo unique is how they produced it
    It has a "score" reminisent to a movie, and the twists in the plot rival current sci-fi movies

Buzz is just an over-hyped character. He was a good character when he was a toy, a generic toy that was more high-tech then a crappy obsolete cowboy that pales in comparison to Woody

It was a pixar movie made 10 years ago.

Years later, somebody at Disney thought "Hey, lets make a TV show about Buzz Lightyear! Yeah! Since in the movie he was a toy that represented a generic futuristic space cartoon. Lets create that cartoon, so WE can make buzz lightyear figures to sell to all of our yuppie theme park guests!"

And then, in 1955, Walt Disney created Disneyland. According to Walt, "Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in this world". 10 years later, many new rides and attractions were already built. Walt was the proud owner of the 8th largest fleet of submarines, as well as anaheims tallest building: The Matterhorn.

For Disneylands 40th anniversery, we got a brand new E-Ticket: Indiana Jones Adventure/Indiana Jones and the Temple of Mara.

10 Years later, for Disneyland's 50th anniversery, is celebrated by all of the Disney parks. Epcot gets Soarin (from DCA). AK gets Expedition Everest. Hong Kong gets Hong Kong Disneyland.

Disneyland, Ca., the theme park that started it all, the only park that walt ever visited, the park that is celebrating ITS 50th anniversery gets:

A redone-redone Space Mountain (this time with adequate budgeting)

Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster's.

While Tommorowland desperatly needs new rides, this is terrible. Buzz Lightyear's is just a ride based on an over-hyped character who's popularity is only because of a cheap TV show that is no better then Disney's Cheapqulls (For example, did you know there was a Lion king trilogy, a Alladin trilogy, and they want to make a snow white 2)

Tomorrowland desperatly needs attention after the Tomorrowland '98 fiasco. Several rides were shut down due to budget cuts. Many more havent seen replacements.

What is futuristic about a character based on a character BASED on a Toy? These kind of dark rides belong in fantasyland. Tomorrowland was once a place of learning. All of the original rides werent movie based, in fact, none originally were movie based, except for all of the crap attractions that have made Tomorrowland '98 Obsolete

Tomorrowland '67 is by far superior because of the abudence of attractions, plus the quality of attractions. What is futuristic about a character which is based on a generic spaceman toy doll? AND what is so futuristic about Nemo? Its a fish! Why cant they just refurbish the Subs reaffirming walts orginal vision of an underwater jungle cruise?

Since Space mountain is the only thrill ride in Tomorrowland, and since Tomorrowland/Disney management wants rides there based on a TV show or Movie, Why not have an indiana jones -type ride based on the final level of Halo?

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    lol that would be hilarious, it would only match WDW's TOmorrowland space and theme wise, also WDW doesn't have an Indy so it wouldn't be as redundant (though it would make one of AK's main rides pretty darn redundant) )
    I'm not sure if you notice this, but the THEME for each is the excate same thing.

Both are described "A retro-future as envisioned by such grand visionaries as Jules Verne and Leonardo Da Vinci"

All of the Tomorrowland's are basically either copyed from or have overlay's based on Disneyland Paris's Tomorrowland

if you want science you might wanna check out Future World in Epcot

Tomorrowland is now supposed to be eiterh Sci Fi or the future that never was (attractions seem to all say Sci Fi but Paris and DL scream retroisum, and DL screams failed Retroisum)

Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters is supposed to be more interactive then the florida version and looks fun enough, Buzz would be sorly outta place in Fantasyland which carry's a very european theme in Disneyland

Halo is still way to much work for Disney to go out of their way to get

maybe they should try for Star Gate since they already have good deals with MGM (stargate rawks)

yeah it's dissapoinging that Disneyland didn't get more for the 50th but it's a little late now

I'm not sure if you notice this, but the THEME for each is the excate same thing.

Both are described "A retro-future as envisioned by such grand visionaries as Jules Verne and Leonardo Da Vinci"

All of the Tomorrowland's are basically either copyed from or have overlay's based on Disneyland Paris's Tomorrowland

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddeeeee eeeeeeeeeee

have you even SEEN WDW's version

ain't got a trace of Jules Verne in it at all

it's very Sci Fi ish theme wise and totaly kicks butt

and Tokyo didn't get an overlay at all

only Paris and Disneyland got stuck with the crummy Verne's crud (tokyo sea has it too but that's not a Magic Kingdom and it's style is done very well)

I suppose Paris did the scheme good but the problem is all of it's attractions are turning Sci Fi

here's a photo essay of WDW's Tomorrowland
    http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/wdwgu...photo_tour.htm

And its the same.
    Sure there not excatly the same, like as you said, no jules verne, but its still has the overall same theme, a "rustic" theme.

Disneyland's Tomorrowland desperatly needs a high-quality e-ticket attraction. A Halo E-ticket ride is just what they need, but I dont know where the space could be

Heck they could put it in whats left of the old parking lot, it fits as much to the "calfornia" theme as monsters does

And its the same.
    Sure there not excatly the same, like as you said, no jules verne, but its still has the overall same theme, a "rustic" theme.

Disneyland's Tomorrowland desperatly needs a high-quality e-ticket attraction. A Halo E-ticket ride is just what they need, but I dont know where the space could be

Heck they could put it in whats left of the old parking lot, it fits as much to the "calfornia" theme as monsters does
    not it's not really the same at all, WDW's look is Sci Fi and actualy measures up on modern quality's, Disneylands is blatantly backwords looking, the only thing that's the same is the whole idea of the future that never was, the common denominator was the decision to give up on actualy trying to show the real future

and I'm sure they'll come up with something clever to tie monsters into the backlot, even if it's something dumb like how they tied Star Tours into MGM studio's

Disneyland's tomorrowland doesn't desperatly need Halo it desperatly needs Space Mountain which has been it's main draw for many years now and with the new upgrades including a different ride at nightime it will probably be the big draw for Tomorrowland for quite some time

but WHY STOP THERE? Why quit while your not-ahead? If somebody stole $500,000,000 from you, would you be happy you got back $1,000,000 and not the significant other? Sure its good space mountain is coming back.....its white color reminds me of better times. But they still need to put something on the people mover tracks, get those sub's back into the loading dock, get a couple of skyway buckets back, and put the astro orbiter in Yesterland and bring back the Rocket Jets, but with updated rockets and everything.

Kinda like WDW's Tomorrowland

But consider this: Adventureland takes up a SMALL space in Disneyland. But that one space has just as many E-Ticket rides as Tomorrowland, which holds up about half of DIsneyland. PLUS, Indy was the last original, NOT REBUILT, ORIGINAL ride Disneyland got. Sure, it doesnt have to be Halo, but a Halo ride in TOmorrowland will buy them the time it takes to fill in all of the other empty spaces

well I never said settle for less I said to be patient

the subs will come back if the Nemo ride pans out so the Subs are nothing to worry about because they'll be back 2007 and more impressive then ever before

I already started a thread based on the Peoplemover and what I think should be done with it

I've constantly said that the orbiter needs to be put back up on the top of that platform and themed to be more like WDW's

and then move the Cosmic Waves marble to were the orbiter stands now and surround it with fountains that people can't run in (to avoid the problems that Cosmic Waves had before) and have four paths that cut throught he fountains so that kids can still run to the marble and push it around the fountains would accomplish the forground movement that the Oribiter does now while the Orbiter moved back along with the Peoplemover would bring back the movement in the distance feeling that Tomorrowland had

were Cosmic Waves is now they could add a nifty fiber optics show I call Cosmic lights were the lights would shift colors as you walk over them, it would be arranged into the image of the Tomorrowland Icon

I've also said that they should bring back the Lunching Pad and put a resturant in the Starcade that has animatronic entertainment (WDW already has this they could just clone it if worse comes to worse) then change the Rocket Reds building back into an attraction (it never should have been turned into a resturant to begin with, it has no bathrooms too, the Starcade is a much better location)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast