Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Nemo on June 11th - only if you're a YOMD winner?

Actually, the Nemo Press Event has a cash value, from the official Disney Dreams Giveaway rules..

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...=YOMDRulesPage

Three (3) Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage attraction press event prizes available: Each prize consists of: access on the day prize is awarded for winner and up to five (5) guests to the ceremonies associated with the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage attraction (inspired by Disney?Pixar's Finding Nemo) press event at the Disneyland Resort (including select entertainment, food, and beverage) and a special item(s) designed especially for the event for winner and each guest. ARV of each prize: US$180.
    The "Disney Dreams Giveaway" is better described as the 15 months of 1.25 million prizes, so NONE of the Magical Moments count towards the prize count.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thanks for the info.

• Banned User

I hate how they push this crap on shows.
    Millionaire, AFV, Regis and Kelly. Heck, I've seen them push it on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I mean seriously, who cares?

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The "Disney Dreams Giveaway" is better described as the 15 months of 1.25 million prizes, so NONE of the Magical Moments count towards the prize count.
    Magical Moments don't get counted toward the total, but they're still sort of lumped in with the promotion anyway; they became mandated when YoaMD started, and I understand that some of the MMs even garner "Where my dream came true" buttons.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, that's what I thought. Here's an interesting thought based on the no cash value thing. My family received table service at Red Rockett's right after the YOAMD began. The hostess informed us that we won the luxury of the table service as part of the promo. OK, so I post it here back then and the topic goes round and round about whether it was a YOAMD or just a magic memory that worked in conjunction with the YOAMD. Basically the conclusion was that it was simply a magic memory. This coincides with the wheelhouse theory and the waking up Jose. No cash value=not YOAMD. So if the magical equation is it must have cash value then being the first to ride Nemo and being part of the press event (of which you have already paid to enter the park to win this) then there is no inherent cash value. So by that definition is this part of the YOAMD? Their commercials say so.
    Actually, they are valuing the press event at $180 per person. There will be food, entertainment, and a gift involved.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Kenny the Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Actually, that is correct, they timed the Dream Job Winners to be in the park at the same time as the Finding Nemo Press Conference, so the Media could cover 2 events at the same time, and the fact they think the Dream Jobs folks will get more coverage.

So yes, the Dream Job winners will get to ride Nemo on Press Day, Sunday the 10th.
    As a Dream Job Winner I can confirm that we will be at the Nemo Event and among the first official riders.
    Dream Job day is June 11.
    Pirates on Pirate's Lair
    HM Butlers/Maids
    HSM Pep Rally at DCA
    JC Skippers
    Princesses in Princess Fantasy Faire
    Kenny the Pirate
    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

• Kenny the Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Also, there's some rumors that are going around, that Soft Openings will be replaced with YOAMD winners. This actually has a good point, because (as with Buzz), once word of the Soft Openings hit the 'Net, they had to stop due to overwhelming demand. By doing it with "Winners", the CMs still get their extra training, and 6 hour lines don't happen before the attraction opens.
    That's how they did it with the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor in WDW. Just told everyone it was closed everytime they asked and then boom a bunch of people were there to fill the theater. Close doors, remove chains and wala what show? No lines, no arguments.
    Kenny the Pirate
    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Actually, they are valuing the press event at $180 per person. There will be food, entertainment, and a gift involved.
    That's my entire point though is that they can assign a cash value to even the magical memories if they wanted. From the perspective of the table service that we recieved we also received a signed menu from Red Rockett's and pins. Plus, the fact that a CM had to serve us instead of doing something else, since service isn't something offered there, has a cash value. Didn't they give out certificates at one time for being a pilot of the Mark Twain. Couldn't this be percieved as cash value?

Heck take the dream Fast Passes. Fast Passes are free, but to be given ones that don't have restrictions now has cash value. It's just funny how they have tried to tie two different concepts together under the blanket of the YOAMD.

PS: I know the value of the menu on eBay wouldn't even fetch a buck.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    That's my entire point though is that they can assign a cash value to even the magical memories if they wanted.
    The difference is the item had no cash value. There is cash value to the winners of the Nemo Press Event. They will receive a gift, they will be with the press for a meal and any entertainment that happens. Each "winner" will be allowed 5 guests, so 6 people. Divide this out, its $30 a piece. I'm figuring a little souvenir and a meal.

If they assigned a cash value to a Magical Memory, it would be required to be randomized by state law. They don't want to deal with that.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Boogers are salty

only if they plan on having 18000 YOAMD winners win that particular prize

• Banned User

I'm still pissed that you have to be a YOMD winner to ride the in the wheel house

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I'm still pissed that you have to be a YOMD winner to ride the in the wheel house
    For the last time, no, you don't. You just have to ask. The Dream Squad isn't remotely involved.

I'll say that again, bolded with a bigger font, so everyone gets the point.

The Dream Squad has nothing to do with who rides in the Mark Twain wheelhouse. If you want to ride in the wheelhouse so badly, just ask a Mark Twain CM and stop whining.

Thank you.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I thought I had read a rumor that Passholders MIGHT have a day.
    Usually passholders get a soft opening (not every ride, but pretty common).
    I know Nemo holds the big problem of lines and capacity.
    The passholder thing may not happen because you can't get every passholder through in one day.
    But once again, I thought I had read this RUMOR.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12