Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Closed Account

Nemo on June 11th - only if you're a YOMD winner?

Since Disney is now advertising "be one of the first to ride Nemo" on the new YOMD commercial, and since you need to be a YOMD winner to get into the Mark Twain Wheelhouse; who thinks they'll do something stupid like only lettting YOMD people on Nemo on opening day?

• Why do you keep talking?

Re: Nemo on June 11th - only if you're a YOMD winner?

I doubt all advertised opening day. I'm thinking more like the day before, or just a few people picked before opening.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Disney for life!~

I hope not.That would be unfair!

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

• Oh my Goodness!

I agree w/ Hector - I highly doubt they would do that on the official opening day - but a few days before hand would be ideal.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    ...and since you need to be a YOMD winner to get into the Mark Twain Wheelhouse...
    Is this known for sure? I know it was speculated a while back but has this been confirmed? Fishbulb took my girls into the wheelhouse when we were there for the MiceChat 2nd Anniversary, and that was definately during the YOAMD.

As for the opening day only for winners, I hope not, and doubt it, but anything is possible. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that they will possibly have some sort of special pass during the first weeks that work something like a FP or they'll only let winners ride during soft openings. But both of these ideas have flaws so who knows.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    and since you need to be a YOMD winner to get into the Mark Twain Wheelhouse;
    Not true. People have been going into the wheelhouse LONG before YOMD. They might have something special w/it during the promotion but it's always been... ask and they'll usually say ok

Darkbeer said this about the Nemo thing:
    As for the YOAMD winners, 3 people will be picked early morning on Sunday, June 10th by the Dream Patrol and be invited to take themselves and three others (aka family members) to attend the Press Opening later in the day. They will be used as "props" during the Press Ceremony.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Is this known for sure? I know it was speculated a while back but has this been confirmed? Fishbulb took my girls into the wheelhouse when we were there for the MiceChat 2nd Anniversary, and that was definately during the YOAMD.
    The Dream Squad doesn't have anything even remotely to do with who gets to ride in the Wheelhouse, because it's something that has no cash value. Twain CMs choose pilots the same way they always have, only because of YoaMD and the emphasis on magical memories, they have to do it every trip instead of whenever they felt like it. It's like at the Tiki Room; having a guest wake up Jose is our contribution to YoaMD, but we choose who gets to do it, not the MCP.

It's my understanding, though I could be wrong, that the winners will ride Nemo during the press event, which would serve double duty of ensuring that plenty of media capture their magic moment, and ensuring that the prize can be awarded without impact on regular guest flow. Unless they're awarding the prize to 10,000 people, it wouldn't make a tiny bit of sense to limit a day's operation that way, especially since they're going to be squeezing every last guest they can into that ride to minimize the complaints at City Hall.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

And of course NNL beat me to the punch, and said it more concisely.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    And of course NNL beat me to the punch, and said it more concisely.
    Not me... that was Darkbeer.
    If I'd tried, it would have been even more convoluted than yours (which wasn't convoluted at all!)

I also did'nt know that the Tiki room had regular people waking up Jose. How cool!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I thought I read something about the "dream jobs" winners all getting to ride Nemo...off to research that claim.

EDIT: Now I don't see that anywhere, so I'm gonna just assume I'm crazy. Nevermind.
    Last edited by RumRunner31; 04-25-2007 at 08:55 PM. Reason: correcting bad info

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    I thought I read something about the "dream jobs" winners all getting to ride Nemo...off to research that claim.

EDIT: Now I don't see that anywhere, so I'm gonna just assume I'm crazy. Nevermind.
    Actually, that is correct, they timed the Dream Job Winners to be in the park at the same time as the Finding Nemo Press Conference, so the Media could cover 2 events at the same time, and the fact they think the Dream Jobs folks will get more coverage.

So yes, the Dream Job winners will get to ride Nemo on Press Day, Sunday the 10th.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    The Dream Squad doesn't have anything even remotely to do with who gets to ride in the Wheelhouse, because it's something that has no cash value.
    Thanks for clearing that up, that's what I thought. Here's an interesting thought based on the no cash value thing. My family received table service at Red Rockett's right after the YOAMD began. The hostess informed us that we won the luxury of the table service as part of the promo. OK, so I post it here back then and the topic goes round and round about whether it was a YOAMD or just a magic memory that worked in conjunction with the YOAMD. Basically the conclusion was that it was simply a magic memory. This coincides with the wheelhouse theory and the waking up Jose. No cash value=not YOAMD. So if the magical equation is it must have cash value then being the first to ride Nemo and being part of the press event (of which you have already paid to enter the park to win this) then there is no inherent cash value. So by that definition is this part of the YOAMD? Their commercials say so.

On the flip side you could assign a value to being the first to ride by saying the value of being the first is x amount of money. Then in that scenario they could intrinsically assign a monetary value to the wheelhouse, Jose, reserved seating at Red Rocket's.

Conclusion: The YOAMD is got to be the most "unthoughtout" promotion Disney has ever come up with. Gee, I wonder why people just don't get it.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

This Reminds me of when the grand opening of ROcket Rods/New tomorrowland. We raced for tomorrowland and were forced to watch a ceremony, and during this Winners of a Radio Contest were riding Rocket Rods over and over again. It sucked... Come June 11th the public will get their first chance.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Also, there's some rumors that are going around, that Soft Openings will be replaced with YOAMD winners. This actually has a good point, because (as with Buzz), once word of the Soft Openings hit the 'Net, they had to stop due to overwhelming demand. By doing it with "Winners", the CMs still get their extra training, and 6 hour lines don't happen before the attraction opens.
    -Monorail Man

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, that's what I thought. Here's an interesting thought based on the no cash value thing. My family received table service at Red Rockett's right after the YOAMD began. The hostess informed us that we won the luxury of the table service as part of the promo. OK, so I post it here back then and the topic goes round and round about whether it was a YOAMD or just a magic memory that worked in conjunction with the YOAMD. Basically the conclusion was that it was simply a magic memory. This coincides with the wheelhouse theory and the waking up Jose. No cash value=not YOAMD. So if the magical equation is it must have cash value then being the first to ride Nemo and being part of the press event (of which you have already paid to enter the park to win this) then there is no inherent cash value. So by that definition is this part of the YOAMD? Their commercials say so.

On the flip side you could assign a value to being the first to ride by saying the value of being the first is x amount of money. Then in that scenario they could intrinsically assign a monetary value to the wheelhouse, Jose, reserved seating at Red Rocket's.

Conclusion: The YOAMD is got to be the most "unthoughtout" promotion Disney has ever come up with. Gee, I wonder why people just don't get it.
    That's an interesting point. The Nemo prize doesn't have inherent cash value, and so occupies a rather complicated place in the sweepstakes.

Personally, I'm betting that the "no cash value" nature of the prize means that it doesn't legally need to be awarded by the MCP, and thus it's my guess that management, rather than Attractions or Dream Squad CMs, will be selecting photogenic nuclear families for the winners.

And pretty much everything extra that's going on at the moment, whether it's specific monetary prizes or an increase in the frequency of the random cool stuff that happens all the time, counts as part of the Year of a Million Dreams. It's just that legally, the nature of some prizes means they must be awarded randomly by the Dream Squad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast