Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Here We Go With Yet ANOTHER Radiobarry Trip Report (Picture Heavy, of course!)

By now, you have heard from many people about the "Sunrise Service of the Church Of Walt", dreamed up by Brother PEZZ Lightyear, that took place last Sunday morning.

So I just had to get in my car just before 4 AM on Sunday morning, and cruise on down the 101...to the 134...to the 5...110 miles total on the odometer from the La Conchita estate...enjoying freeway driving the way it was once meant to be enjoyed, now enjoyed mainly at, well, 4AM-5AM on Sunday.

As I was tooling down the "Santa Ana Freeway" portion of the 5, I remembered that the last time I pulled into Disneyland at this kind of hour was probably 25 years ago. 1982. Before many of you were born, Remember?

In the last year or so of my legendary career in the New Orleans Main Kitchen, I came in at either 6:30 or 7AM on the "day" shift.

So why was I coming in, exactly, for a Sunrise meet? It all seemed rather unclear until...I got a sign...

Oh so that's why we'e having sunrise services....and the congregation was already gathering in the "blessed" parking structure when I rolled in...

Brother Lightyear already reaching into his bag of tricks, with the inimitable Judimouse giving sage counsel, I am sure...

And I met several other fellow C.O.W. congregants, before folks started clamoring about in the toll booths, and we heard those immortal words...

"Gentlemen (and ladies) start your engines" ....

Yeah, I could have used the waiting time to clean my car windows. Let's see. Fun with MiceChatters or fun with Windex.
    Hey, let's combine the two the next time the park opens at 6:30!

Anyway, we were on the first tram, yeah you've heard all about that. So anyway, it's off to the entrance plaza, and all those happy faces...

The only thing scarier than that mug on an early Sunday morning, must have been mine...the one I've seen in other TR's with the two-tone hair thing going on...

Oh by the way that was PirateMunkee...and as he once again showed our beloved website leader DustySage, he is quite the artist...

And oh look! More MiceChatters!

That Rixter, always on the lookout...the guy with the donut (lovingly provided by Judimouse) is Sam.

As for the folks in the middle..these peope leave about 30 miles from my house. But if I ever actually wish to see Belle or Sir Clinksalot, two of Ventura County's finest MiceChat folks, I gotta make the 110 mile drive. And, I do. And, of course it's worth it!

So, at the crack of 6:30 AM, it's into the park we go...and I'm thinking about 1982, and certainly wishing I still had the youth I felt back then...but then the magic...brings me back.

There's "Scooby Tarantino" Fishbulb, in what I consider to be a classic pose....

More to come, but first a musical thought...

" I want a Sunday kind of love, a love to last past Saturday night...I want a love that's more than love at first sight... I want a Sunday kind of love..."

Disneyland is definitely a Sunday kind of love.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 04-25-2007 at 11:00 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Here We Go With Yet ANOTHER Radiobarry Trip Report (Picture Heavy, of course!)

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
    With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
    And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
    So I had one more for dessert.
    Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
    And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
    Then I washed my face and combed my hair
    And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

I'd smoked my mind the night before
    With cigarettes and songs I'd been picking.
    But I lit my first and watched a small kid
    Playing with a can that he was kicking.
    Then I walked across the street
    And caught the Sunday smell of someone frying chicken.
    And Lord, it took me back to something that I'd lost
    Somewhere, somehow along the way.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk...

--Johnny Cash

Wellll...I wouldn't say us MiceChatters were feeling quite that bad as we made our way down the Sunday mornin sidewalks of the Magic Kingdom...but for most of us it was still something of a surreal" experience...

Even the flowers seemed a little sleepy as they greeted us by the train station...what sun there was saying, wake up, park's open sleepyheads...

One of the more clear-headed amongst us, Rixter, again on the "lookout"...

A man with heavy thoughts on his mind...even before 7AM on a Sunday.

So with most of the rest of us still in some sort of have, what better place to start our day than...Fantasyland, of course???

On the Peter Pan ride, Dusty and Fishy shared one sailing ship...

And by golly, it seemed as if Peter and Tink and the Darling kids knew that a whole crew of Sunday morning MCers were in their midst...

And we all lived happily ever after, after our trip to NeverLand and back...

I'm fuzzy on the exact chronology here, but I think we did Dumbo next...and then it was on to a ride I hadn't been on, I confess, for a lot more than 25 years...Casey Junior, comin round the tracks!

(For those of you who may have tuned in late, that's PirateMunkee again )...

I bow once again to Disneyland's unbeatable IMHO landscaping and gardening departments...

The whole day, was as if it were out of a story book, after all...

And the story is just beginning after all!!!!

Another musical thought...

Oh, you can kiss me on a Monday a Monday a Monday
    is very very good
    Or you can kiss me on a Tuesday a Tuesday a Tuesday
    in fact I wish you would
    Or you can kiss me on a Wednesday a Thursday a
    Friday and Saturday is best
    But never ever on a Sunday a Sunday a Sunday
    cause that's my day of rest

• Senior Minion

Re: Here We Go With Yet ANOTHER Radiobarry Trip Report (Picture Heavy, of course!)

Hey ... I was born in 1974! Great report so far!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Crystal clear pictures. Can't wait to see the rest.

Chad

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Thanks for the kind comments. I'll be back tomorrow with more...(Photobucket is down for scheduled maintenance. Did they ask me first? NOOOO....)

Your patience shall be rewarded....

--Barry

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Thanks for the kind comments. I'll be back tomorrow with more...(Photobucket is down for scheduled maintenance. Did they ask me first? NOOOO....)

Your patience shall be rewarded....

--Barry
    Come on!

Don't make us late birds wait. I know you are on a high from the Angels win tonight! About time we take advantage of poor defense.

Chad

• Beep Beep!

Looking forward to the rest, it's great so far!
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Loving the pictures so far, cannot wait to see more.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

Fabulous pictures so far Barry! It is crazy that we live so close but we only get together at DL! We will change that!

Cant wait to see the rest!!!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Minion

fantasic pics!!
    GrouchyRob Fan!!

Thumbs up Re: Here We Go With Yet ANOTHER Radiobarry Trip Report (Picture Heavy, of course!)

born in 49 and our music rules still today
    davnat

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave chelstowski View Post
    born in 49 and our music rules still today
    Welcome Dave! And that means you would have been in your late teens, and me about 11 when "Spanky And Our Gang" sang -

I remember Sunday morning
    I would meet him at the park
    We'd walk together hand in hand
    'Til it was almost dark
    Now I wake up Sunday morning
    Walk across the way to find
    Nobody waiting for me
    Sunday's just another day
    Sunday will never be the same
    Well, some things change over the years. Sunday will never be the same, for sure - but I met a lot of folks at the park...some of em stayed til way past dark...and when I woke up (and drove about 110 miles) there were LOTS of folks to see...

Like Marcy, perhaps better known as Lady3Jane (Pirates,Period?) And it was her birthday!!!

I'm sure thast many folks sleep in on their birthday if they can...but she treated herself to the "gift of MiceChat" at the Sunrise Service!

VillainsFan was there too. I know that pictures of other people taking pictures has become somewhat cliche in these reports. I already have one in this TR. Well, make it two because it's my report after all, and as you may know I will find most any excuse to include a VillainsFan picture.

How nice is she I regarding these things? She had already stopped taking these pictures when I happened upon her, and prevailed upon her to make it look like a "candid" shot. Is it any wonder why I am a proud charter member of the VF Fan Club.

After that, some people went to Indiana Jones...and elsewhere...and then at about 9AM someone finally thought about breakfast...and it was off to Riverbelle Terrace.

I saw some very nice ladies waiting next to me in line...

Wendi...it was a-her birthday too! (Remember the I Love Lucy episode in Italy?) (Wendi is the one on the right, as you can tell by the button I suppose.) If I remember correctly, these ladies had come up from the San Diego area for a weekend of fun, frolic and early openings. And how cool are those tees?

And for the first time in memory, I did not have the "Mickey Mouse pancake" at Riverbelle while dining with other MiceChatters. I had "The Steamboat"...(pancakes, eggs, sausages)...clearly, I was being a rebel that day...and that seemed to please my MC friend Tiki Room Liz...

Not pictured...her really cool Enchanted Tiki Room dress!

After breakfast, we hung out around the Rivers Of America. Now I must say that, as she always seems to be, Judimouse was ready once again to go to bat for all of us. What made it interesting this time around is that there was no baseball diamond anywhere in sight.

Pay attention to the CM on the far right above. She was either playing third base coach and giving her the "bunt" signal, OR asking someone in security to keep an eye on her.

So, many of my MC friends decided to paddle canoes. Me, with my height and weight afraid that I might send any canoe-mates to a shallow Davy Jones locker...I took pictures.

And no, I didn't ask VillainsFan to pose in that shot.

And no, I didn't really know about the "Duck Wars" til much later.

And no, I didn't follow the rest to the group to the "Pooh" ride - thereby missing one of the day's more dramatic events...Judi, I hope you're feeling a lot better now...

STILL MORE TO COME...

...don't I wish such a store actually existed in the Town Square...

• love my friends

barry so exciting so far.. I always live your trip reports and commentary my friend

Friends for life

• Banned User

Fantastic report and photos!!!! You are a great photographer!

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Thanks, Barry! The fun continues through your great photos and commentary.
    Rick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast