Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: Most Surreal Disneyland Resort Moment

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    I wanna know more about that one. Sounds like fun.
    It was during a CM sneak preview of Splash Mountain before the soft opening. I've never been a CM, but I got to attend via my girlfriend who was. I can't remember whether guests were permitted or I got snuck in. I attended CM events both ways when she worked there.

Anyhow, later in the night, when the lines were down to nothing and the preview was about to close, someone begged the guys working it to let us all sit backwards, and they said to feel free.

It was quite strange, because the ride is not at all designed to be viewed by looking backward. The big drop was a lot more exciting, but the best part was actually that little double dip in the middle. Going backward through that part was a much different stomach floating experience than you get normally.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Okay I think my most Surreal moment in Disneyland was one of the New Years eve I spent there. Seeing thosands of people gathered around the Hub waiting to ring in the New Year when I realised that if anything went wrong there was absolutly no where to go. It kind of took some of the mistque away for that night.

OMG the time I went on the Indiana Jones Adventure they said not to look into the eyes of the statue and some jerk on the ride LOOKED INTO THE EYES and then instead of a nice trip through a temple we ended up almost getting killed. Don't get me started on the darts that almost hit me. Next time I went THE SAME THING HAPPENED. Never going on that ride again.
    "See, I didn't get the name Bad Billy Pratt for nothing."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

E-Stopping at the Rat Room of Indy and seeing what was really next to us. in the room. What was there? A broom and a trash can! Just never really thought about that.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    E-Stopping at the Rat Room of Indy and seeing what was really next to us. in the room. What was there? A broom and a trash can! Just never really thought about that.
    That's really funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG there was also this time when I wanted to go to Endor Moon and this idiot robot ended up getting us almost eaten by the death star. so surreal.
    "See, I didn't get the name Bad Billy Pratt for nothing."

• Minion

There are of course many for me, but two that stand out are:

several years ago, I HAD to be first in line to get "Fantasmic" balcony seats, and in those days, you couldn't pre-reserve by credit card.
    I had approached a security guard the evening before, to inquire exactly how to go about walking onto the property hours before opening.
    he told me sometimes people arrived at 4:30am to line up in front of guest relations for 6:30am ticket sales.
    Postioned across the street at my hotel, My daughter and I arrived at 3:30am. As we walked slowly and carefully (and obviously out in the open so not to appear like we were trying to sneak), We didn't even get past the bus loading area, when security approached us.
    I said "good morning! I spoke with security guard AL, last night, and he said we needed to get here early to be first".
    Well we were first, and as we sat on the ground waiting, we got to see the whole morning procession of garderners, painters, etc, coming and going, the music was playing, All of them laughed to see us there, greeted us with smiles and waves, we have a little video of garderners replacing blooms in the esplande, and one gardener even brought me a cup of coffee, when he was leaving the park at 5:30!
    The best part was at 4:30 one man showed up, and just knew he was first, until he saw us there, and his face fell! He couldn't believe it.
    It was really a fun morning!

Then last spring, we were first to ride Peter Pan in the morning, and they had left the lights on!
    It was really ugly...
    When we returned, they appologised and sent us around again!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Prudence View Post
    Dancing with Minnie and Mickey in their Christmas outfits while the 80s cover band played was rather surreal - in a good way. This is probably fairly commonplace, but I don't get to visit very often. (And usually the spousal unit steers me away from those sorts of happenings.) Mickey's got quite the repertoire of dance moves.
    That's because Mickey's a girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney luv View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I love this site but it wasn’t until I saw this post that motivated me to join Micechat.
    I have a short but totally surreal story.
    About two years ago me and my husband (fiancé at the time) decided to go on a date at Disneyland. We were walking around Main St when a 10 year old boy stared to pee on the bunches by the flag pole. HE WAS PEEING IN THE MIDDLE OF MAIN ST. I could not believe what I was seeing and no parents in sight. It was fairly busy day at Disneyland so the kid had an audience.
    HE WAS PEEING IN THE MIDDLE OF MAIN ST!
    Wow, I spawned someone. Strange, considering I'm a noob here. Anyway, I thought of another moment. It was my grad night and our last ride of the night was Space Mountain. We went in and it was dark, and by the time we came out it was light again. I felt like I had traveled through time. In fact, most of my surreal moments were at Grad Night. Getting stuck on Pirates for half an hour at the pirate who's willing to share...
    Last edited by BassBone; 04-29-2007 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Extra quotes. Avoiding double posting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123