Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Have you used a trip to Disneyland to help decide if someone was right for you?

So, we know most of the folks on this webspace are certified (if not certifiable) Disneyphiles. That's a given. But have you ever taken that first trip to Disneyland with someone you are dating and that trip helped you decide if they were right or wrong for you?

My fiance had maybe gone to Disneyland once or twice as a kid...she couldn't remember, but it wasn't the sort of thing her family was in to so she hadn't been back until she met me. Having grown up in So Cal, I've been to Disneyland many times a year since I was a kid, and I LOVE it. So I was a little nervous when we first went. One of my fears was confirmed, it was all a bit of sensory overload for her at first, the huge crowds, the sounds, the lights... I had to be sensative to that, but aside from that, we had an amazing time together. She loves that I'm a story teller, and she could really appreciate my love for this place that is all about story. I could see in her that in spite of the sensory overload, she could giggle and enjoy the magic and enjoy being a kid again.

So there's one of my Disney Date stories... let's hear yours...good and bad.

• CM for 4 years!

Re: Have you used a trip to Disneyland to help decide if someone was right for you?

My boyfriend is right for me because he too only wants to go for a few hours then get the heck outta there! And he too only wants to go because it's free. ha-ha!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Re: Have you used a trip to Disneyland to help decide if someone was right for you?

I think my hubby did that 22 years ago to me. I had only gone to D'land once before and he grew up in Hesperia so he had gone many times growing up and as an adult. Our first out of town trip together was to D'land. Afterwards I knew I could not let him out of my life.

Another story is that my best friends daughter was taken to Disneyworld by boyfriend. Afterwards I told her she would have to marry him. Three years they were married and will be celebrating 8 years of marriage this year.

Disney = Love.

• potterday.org

This test was sort of used on me, but without my girlfriend having met me yet. It was Bats Day 2005. My girlfriend Silvia had her roommate Dan wear a sign on his back all day like a singles advertisement - SWF seeks intelligent etc etc. Her rationale was that if Dan (her filtering service) found someone he deemed worthy, they were already at Bats Day, meaning they were both spooky/weird and liked going to the park (both essential aspects of our relationship). Given that Bats Day has an attendance of somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,200, she figured the odds were that someone could be found in that crowd that suited her requirements. I was the only person Dan introduced to her. We've been together since that day.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• Minion

Very cool stories so far. I do think there is something to the combination of Disneyland and romance. Looking forward to hearing more.

• Fighter Pilot

I wouldn't say it should be soley based on it. Cause my fiance is just as a fanatic as I am, but I'm on a entire different level where no matter what I can just go back and back and back, but since we go every other weekend sometimes its to much for her you know. But of course I get along with my other friends so well and one has a pass too but she like only stays for 3 hours and theres abotu 97% of the park she hasn't experianced yet so shes kind of a bummer when we go with her but we still get along great other ways. But yeah I would say it would help. The more time you spend there to more you know you have in common. Cause we're that sacrastic couple that can just sit back and make fun of everyone and it works for both of us. So I would say yeah it helps, but I wouldn't base it soley on it.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

It wasnt my intention but I found out that someone WASNT right for me by going.
    A few years ago, I had gone out a few times with this guy. He had asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I said Disneyland. So we went. The day was going pretty good until it was time to eat.
    We got BBQ in Frontierland. I had a chicken leg and he had a chicken breast sandwich. Now, I ate my food with my hands and because I am me, I licked my fingers off. This guy didnt touch a single bit of his food with his fingers.He asked if I wanted my corn bread, I said no, so he picked it up with his fork and proceeded to cut it up and eat it that way.
    I used my napkin to wipe my hands, and he used my wet nap. This is where it got real weird (for me anyway). He used it to clean his fingers perfectly. I mean right into his cuticles. Remember, he didnt touch any of his food with his hands. This was me
    As we were leaving the resaurant, I was holding his hand with one hand and my soda with the other. I needed to burp pretty bad, so I turned my head and covered my mouth the best I could with my arm. He stopped walking and dropped my hand saying "Becky, that is soooooo unladylike".

Then we got in line for the jungle cruise. Now, it was the middle of summer (my birthday is in july) and it was real hot so I was wearing a tank top and shorts. The guy was standing behind me in line and leaned down and said "When you meet my dad, can you be sure to cover all of your tattoos. He doesnt like people with them"
    Needless to say that was the last time we ever talked.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

I haven't had the chance yet; however, that is certainly part of the criteria for me. He doesn't necessarily have to be crazy like me; however, he must be able to have a good time at a Disney theme park (I'm moving to Orlando after finishing my master's so it's more likely it would be WDW, but same difference).

There is no way I could spend the rest of my life with a guy who didn't like Disney theme parks...oh, and he can't be a Red Sox fan

That's it, though...I swear!
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Oh my Goodness!

I had a guy who I was really good friends with and we had been talking on and off about taking the relationship a lil further. He had never been to Disneyland before and so I talked him and a few of our other friends into going with me that January. We had a really great time - I was excited because I was sharing an important part of myself with him and was so happy to see him enjoying it. On the drive home everyone else fell asleep and I said "So - you ready to go again?" And very seriously he replied "Well, it was alright. But I don't feel the need to go again anytime soon. Or anytime for that matter." I said - "You are joking right?" He said "Nope. I've done it. Don't need to do it again." My flame for him starting going out at that moment. We never took the relationship any further and he is now happily married - to someone else.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    I wouldn't say it should be soley based on it. Cause my fiance is just as a fanatic as I am, but I'm on a entire different level where no matter what I can just go back and back and back, but since we go every other weekend sometimes its to much for her you know. But of course I get along with my other friends so well and one has a pass too but she like only stays for 3 hours and theres abotu 97% of the park she hasn't experianced yet so shes kind of a bummer when we go with her but we still get along great other ways. But yeah I would say it would help. The more time you spend there to more you know you have in common. Cause we're that sacrastic couple that can just sit back and make fun of everyone and it works for both of us. So I would say yeah it helps, but I wouldn't base it soley on it.

She'd like you more though if you were selected for the Jedi Training Academy. Just keep trying... you'll get it someday.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

When I first started dating my now husband I took him to Disneyland for his 41st birthday. He had never been and I was very excited to take him. After the trip he said he enjoyed Disneyland but wasn't crazy about it like I was and did not feel the need to ever go again. I almost broke up with him because of that. Well, twelve years later he drives 850 miles round trip twice a year so I can go to disneyland with him. A few weeks ago my brother and his family took me with them on their disneyland trip (my hubby stayed home). Two days into my 5 day trip my hubby called me and said he was in the lobby of the hotel. He missed me and drove 425 miles to see me and spend time with me in Disneyland. I'm glad I kept him.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Quote Originally Posted by july baby View Post
    When I first started dating my now husband I took him to Disneyland for his 41st birthday. He had never been and I was very excited to take him. After the trip he said he enjoyed Disneyland but wasn't crazy about it like I was and did not feel the need to ever go again. I almost broke up with him because of that. Well, twelve years later he drives 850 miles round trip twice a year so I can go to disneyland with him. A few weeks ago my brother and his family took me with them on their disneyland trip (my hubby stayed home). Two days into my 5 day trip my hubby called me and said he was in the lobby of the hotel. He missed me and drove 425 miles to see me and spend time with me in Disneyland. I'm glad I kept him.

Awww! This is one of those heart -lovie stories. I honestly welled up a little bit. AWESOME!!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    Awww! This is one of those heart -lovie stories. I honestly welled up a little bit. AWESOME!!
    Same here. Great story...good guy.

Does your husband have a younger brother?
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

^^ Hehehe!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast