Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb A fairytale proposal… any suggestions?

Does anybody have any suggestions for a very romantic place to propose at Disneyland? To make a long story short my wife and I were married nine years ago when I had very little money and was leaving for the Air Force. So I bought her a $100 ring and proposed in an airport parking lot… We had a small wedding six months later (after I saved some leave and money). I want to re-marry her for the 10th anniversary and she deserves an amazing proposal. We are both Disney fanatics, so Disneyland is the perfect place. I know about the Blue Bayou and that is my backup plan. I would love to get into club 33 although I know that is just a pipe dream. Do any of you have any suggestions? It will be in February, so someplace indoors would be preferred. We have been to Disney world quite a few times but it’s been 12 years since I have been to Disneyland, so I’m not familiar with the park at all.

Thank You!

• Fighter Pilot

Re: A fairytale proposal… any suggestions?

just dont' do it at Snow White fountain, like 90% do it there. I did it infront of Ariels....but my suggestion, is it really doesnt' matter the place, but the whole experiance of the day makes it worth more.

• living to haunt

I was wondering if you could take something simple and make it special. How about you call Disney Catering service, the one that does the weddings and such, and see if they can help you. Maybe lunch/dinner at the blue bayou but add Prince Charming bringing in a glass slipper with the ring in it, or Mickey himself. Or during a parade, right before it starts, ask her in front of everyone on the sidewalks! I am sure the cast members will let you go on the street for a few seconds. I always remember it is not where but who!
    congrats on 10 years!!!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Going along with the catering thing, I read that one guy proposed to his lady at the Blue Bayou but had the chefs create a Beauty and the Beast rose with the engagement ring on top.

What's her favorite Disney film, or ride, or anything? I could help you out more creativity-wise from there.

• UT99 Forever

The Napa Rose wouldn't be bad. Spend a night at the GCH.

• All you need is LOVE

Where is a special place to you?

Well in front of the park or castle. All the the places stated above. You can get some one to have flowers waiting balloon the bride and groom ears. Be a surprise with photos and video.

Oh oh do a treasure hunt with clues in the park last leading to you there waiting on bended knee

• Boogers are salty

The wishing well next to the castle with all the snow white statues

• Hooterville, USA

At the BB restaraunt. Have them put the ring inside the little treasure chest that they bring you for dessert.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    The wishing well next to the castle with all the snow white statues

EVERYone does that, I was part of a convo where three people were proposed there and it wasn't pretty

I also concur with skipping the Wishing Well. That is pretty much the plain vanilla spot for people who can't come up with anything better. Boring! Don't you want your wife to have a proposal story that won't be like everyone else's?

I would recommend thinking long and hard about Disneyland and trying to come up with a spot that is special to the both of you. For example, I proposed to my wife in the same spot where we met for our first date (Right next to the Esmeralda fortune-telling machine in the Penny Arcade. Actually, our first date was exactly 4 years ago today. We're going out tonight to celebrate). Anyway, that spot was important to us while we were dating, and become even more special after the engagement.

Pull out a Disneyland Map and think about past visits with your wife. Look through old pictures of your trips together. Perhaps there is a spot that is tied to a special memory the two of you shared. Or perhaps there is a place that is very special to the two of you. Or maybe a place that is very special to her growing up. The bottom line is, the more you personalize it, the better it will be.

Good luck! And have fun with it!
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• Banned User

I love the idea of a character bringing up a ring to me. The blue bayou would be a wonderful place for an indoor proposal. The beauty and the beast rose sounds so romantic, kinda cheesey but wonderful at the same time.
    Or you could try and arrange it so that a character is waiting for you at the exit of a ride.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

I Started a thread back when i joined micechat..I Can't find the link but maybe somebody else can there was some great ideas
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

I agree with finding something meaningful to the two of you. My hubby proposed as just as we got on the Peter Pan ride. It is my favorite ride. It is always our first ride in Disneyland. When we got off the ride the CM met us with Bride mouse ears. Not perfect for everyone but perfect for us. Find what works for you.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• For You!

Just the fact that you're planning anything is amazingly romantic sounding to me.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Oh my Goodness!

I planned my best friend's engagment for him about two year ago at Disneyland. I did a giant scavanger type hunt all over the park using places and things that were meaningful for the two of them. I had Mickey deliver one of the clues and had a rose magically appear on the Mark Twain for her. It ended with her following a path of pixie dust (massively huge bag of glitter...) to the Court of Angels where he was waiting there all dressed up with the ring. It was beautiful. I would be MORE then happy to help you do this if you would like, be that just give you some ideas or actually putting things together. I've done about 6 or 7 special days for my friends like this - this being the most complicated and extravagant. Please PM me if you would like to know anything else! Good luck whatever you do!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast