• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

LeAnn Rimes Records 'Remember When' The Anthem Song for the 50th Anniversary of DL

Disneyland Resort Press Release

LeAnn Rimes Records 'Remember When' The Anthem Song for the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland

BURBANK, Calif., Feb. 3 -- As part of the "Happiest Celebration On Earth," Disney's global tribute to the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, Grammy Award-winning country singing star LeAnn Rimes has recorded the official anthem song of the celebration, "Remember When." The announcement was made today at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank.

The song will be featured as part of the new "Remember ... Dreams Come True" fireworks spectacular presented throughout the 18-month anniversary celebration at Disneyland. "Remember When" will also be a highlight on the new CD "The Official Album of Disneyland's 50th Anniversary," premiering nationwide on May 3 from Walt Disney Records.

"It's an honor to be able to sing the song for the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland," states Rimes. "I love Disneyland and I love the song ... it fits my voice perfectly and it turned out beautifully."

At Disneyland Resort in California, the global celebration becomes the "Happiest Homecoming On Earth," a unique chance for the generations of guests who have been touched by the magic of Disneyland to return to where the magic began and relive their fondest memories of park visits past and experience all-new iconic attractions and spectacular entertainment.

"Remember When" represents a "Homecoming" of sorts for both LeAnn Rimes and Grammy-winning songwriter/producer Richard Marx, who composed and produced the song. Rimes recalls being comforted with a trip to Disneyland at age 8, after losing the "Star Search" TV talent competition. When she thinks of Disneyland, she says, "I think of this lighthearted, childlike place where everyone can go and get away from it all -- even adults -- and just be a kid again."

Marx notes, "As a parent of three sons, having taken them to Disneyland and seeing that sense of magical wonder in their eyes, you get that again -- it's just in a different way. So that's what I thought the song should be. It's handing down that sense of magical wonder from generation to generation."

In addition to being featured at Disneyland and on the new CD, "Remember When" will be utilized within a number of marketing vehicles promoting the 50th anniversary. "We couldn't be more delighted to have LeAnn Rimes provide such a beautiful interpretation of Richard Marx's heartwarming composition," says Michael Mendenhall, executive vice president of global marketing for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. "The song perfectly captures the memories, delight and wonder that our guests experience when visiting a Disney theme park."

Premiering on May 5, 2005 the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth," an extraordinary celebration of the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, will pay tribute to the millions of guests who have contributed to the rich legacy of this national treasure over the past five decades. It will be the biggest celebration in the history of Disney theme parks and the first truly global Disney event (with commemorative events planned at each of the Disney theme parks around the world in salute to Disneyland).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Disneyland Freak

Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Minion

omg.....leann rimes did a great job on this song......i heard it the other nite when i was at the cast blast event at the disneyland hotel where we had guest speakers including our own Matt Ouimett.......it is such a great song and it went with a great slide presentation......during the song i had little tears developing in my eyes......it really touched my heart and thinking that Disneyland has been around for 50 years.......its just such an amazing thing....
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

• That's Hawt

hmm ... any ideas on where I can get this BEFORE May 3rd?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Santa Barbara, CA

Spoiler.. alternate lyrics..I hacked from Leean's T mobile sidekick.

Remember when it cost 5 bucks for one admission,
    and painting the park was a tradition.
    Remember when you could afford a box of popcorn
    and you had a book of tickets to gladly have torn.

Remember Saucers that fly, and the microscope Eye
    watching us grow back to size as peoplemovers glide by.

but those old rides are never faraway
    now they're their selling them on ebay...

It's those memories we prize, of the park that never dies.

(As sung by Glen Campbell in Jail.)
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

I also heard the song itself at Cast Blast this year. I thought it was very, very good, but I'll be honest -- I wasn't as moved by it as some others we've done in the past. Maybe my opinion will change when it's blasting through the theme park speakers on 7/17...actually, tha't almost a guarantee.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    but those old rides are never faraway
    now they're their selling them on ebay...
    Few posts make me truely laugh.....

This one did!

• Sock Puppet

With country music being one of the many genres I enjoy, I should be excited about this news. But I am not. Rimes is terrible. Not a good singer at all. This does not, however, negate from the fact that it is a well written song! I think the only way Disney can make up for such a poor decision would be to substitute the honey of all duets, Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride for Rimes. The problem would be solved and the case closed.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    With country music being one of the many genres I enjoy, I should be excited about this news. But I am not. Rimes is terrible. Not a good singer at all. This does not, however, negate from the fact that it is a well written song! I think the only way Disney can make up for such a poor decision would be to substitute the honey of all duets, Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride for Rimes. The problem would be solved and the case closed.
    I like country somewhat, but I also like just about everything (except rap). I don't have a problem with Rimes and I like the song. My mom even had me put it in my senior slide show video I made and it worked out nice. I am glad to hear it as the anthem. I think Disney might have chosen Rimes because of her looks. She is a young girl, with a cute smile, who appears to be friendly and fits well with the Disney ideal. Relax, it could be worse. It could have been Aly and AJ, Raven, or Hilary Duff (although doubtful now) but at least they had enough class to choose someone a little more noteable? (Or is that just the optimistic in me coming out again?)