Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...and sometimes why.

The second street to the right all the way till morning blvd.

Lightbulb Imagineer that...yourself!

Hello to all!..this is Degga, long time viewer first time poster, and i wanted to know about ideas people have to improve the Disney parks..so Imagineer away...oh imagine the possibilities..(voice slowly fades)
    Last edited by Degaa; 04-28-2007 at 09:29 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Imagineer that...yourself!

Well there's plenty of areas that we'd like to improve, but you can start with this one while you wait for replies!

It's about adding a Snow themed land to DCA... a Californian landscape that isn't represented in DCA. http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62225

Future Imagineer, we await your thoughts behind it as well.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

It was fun to hear about the updates to the Alice in Wonderland ride, so I would want them to plus all the Fantasyland Dark Rides. There are more and more dark rides being built in the last few years and Disney has to make sure that they don't fall behind the competition.

-- A way to use the Pooh ride system from Tokyo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K01-kPT4t8I

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    A way to use the Pooh ride system from Tokyo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K01-kPT4t8I
    OMG! Tokyo's Pooh totally owns Anaheim's! The parallax effect in the Tigger bounce sequence was magic. The ride system is great, how it presents you to the attraction elements, like the hunny canon, then spins you off to the next sequence. Even the opening pages of the book with the illustration that comes to life with a back projection look flawless.

Many people have stated that Anaheim was ripped off on the Pooh ride and they'd rather the country bears back. But if they had this level of show on the Pooh ride then there wouldn't much complaint.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    OMG! Tokyo's Pooh totally owns Anaheim's! The parallax effect in the Tigger bounce sequence was magic. The ride system is great, how it presents you to the attraction elements, like the hunny canon, then spins you off to the next sequence. Even the opening pages of the book with the illustration that comes to life with a back projection look flawless.

Many people have stated that Anaheim was ripped off on the Pooh ride and they'd rather the country bears back. But if they had this level of show on the Pooh ride then there wouldn't much complaint.

Totally agree. Nobody would be disappointed with the Tokyo version of the ride. I just don't get how the people in charge could drop the ball like that. If I were in charge, would I ever consider settling for something inferior to another park? Heck no! Playful competition never hurt anyone. If anything, it makes it better.

There needs to be more competition among the disney parks to keep outdoing each other... not copying each other.

• ...and sometimes why.

I feel so ashamed... we need to upgrade!

• Disneyland Fan

Wink Re: Imagineer that...yourself!

Just Imagineer! Replacing DCA with a big Parking LOT!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Pete View Post
    Just Imagineer! Replacing DCA with a big Parking LOT!
    lol welcome to micechat! - that's probably the second most common joke on here. The first being "Attraction X is rumored to be closed down so a loop can be added"...
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    lol welcome to micechat! - that's probably the second most common joke on here. The first being "Attraction X is rumored to be closed down so a loop can be added"...
    I remember riding "Attraction X" when I was 5, but then they closed it. It was the best ride ever. Oh wait....sorry...got confused.

• ...and sometimes why.

And to make matters worse they are turning DCA into Pixar land with some california stuff shoved in there! How dare they!

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I'm gonna go with my idea of having the lost boys playing follow the leader through adventureland - even though that's not strictly Imagineering's call.

GET RID OF HISTA, STAR TOURS, AND INNOVENTIONS! I don't think an upgrade to Star Tours would do the trick either. I feel simulators of that nature have had their day.

• curiouser and curiouser

disney's american adventure! put it behind BTM.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by WDWSageoftime View Post
    GET RID OF HISTA, STAR TOURS, AND INNOVENTIONS! I don't think an upgrade to Star Tours would do the trick either. I feel simulators of that nature have had their day.

This thread is to imagineer a way to improve the parks.... not to tear out attractions you don't care for.

I think Star tours still having lengthy waits still puts the ride among the crowd favorites. And the franchise being so popular among the masses sure don't hurt it either.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

I had a dream where AA's were made to look as though they were going ACROSS the stage (although one looked like the mother on Gilmore Girls, but that's another story). Also the carousel of mini-parades that went around the park I threw out on another thread called Inspiration...I think. then there would be Shadowland, with 2 E-ticket rides, one another log flume the other kinda like Space Mountain except that you're battling Maleficent, first you see Maleficent in witch form on a smoke screen in front of you where she says, "Now you will deal with me and all the power of Hell" (actual quote) then as you go up the lift there are screens that on both sides that loop the transformation/stretch scene as you hear her laugh. Then you go on this insane rollercoaster of near misses until you get into another room where you see the entire dragon, then your car shoots out a light and kills her.

Also, a key phrase: Disney owns Muppets. this might include Labrynth! Who wouldn't want to see an AA of David Bowie as the Goblin King?

For Tommorrowland, remove Innoventions and put in another Carousel of Progress, but make it about the future of resource management, water, land, air, global warming, space (using the AA's that move across the stage and do a relay system of characters).

There were a couple more I've had in mind. There's a list of them, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast