•   

Disneyland Dumbo ride video Matt Ouimet July 17, 2005

Howdy.

I was one of the thousands of Disneyland nuts who waited all night to get into Disneyland on July 17th, 2005. Once inside, most people went to the merchandise event being held in Frontierland. Actually, if you were in the line for the event you might have thought all of SoCal was there. Anyways, I chose not to wait in another line so I walked around the practically empty park. I decided to sit at one of the tables in front of Pinnochio's Village Haus for a minute and the video details what I saw.

I realize Matt Ouimet was in the park often and interacted with guests frequently, but I think it's really cool he took the time to ride Dumbo.

Go here - http://stage6.divx.com/user/PhotoMat...-at-Disneyland

You will need to be patient. The video will take about 5 minutes to buffer, and that is if you have a high speed connection. If you wait a minute you can stop the buffering and then view the beginning of the video, but it will stop in the middle somewhere to finish buffering. The video is hosted by Stage6, a video hosting service from the Divx people. It is still in beta, so be patient if you encounter bugs.

Also, I am still learning what compression is best. On my Mac, this video looked better than the others I posted after converting them to Divx, but it now looks worse than the others when I view it on the site. So, we will have to live with this for now, and I will go back, change the compression and then upload it again. I think it is OK for now though.

Feel free to download the video and share it as you like. The video may not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever - no exceptions.
    Last edited by PhotoMatt; 04-28-2007 at 10:52 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Disneyland Dumbo ride video Matt Ouimet July 17, 2005

Dumbo wasn't the only FL attraction
    for Matt, on the 50th.

That morning, I saw Matt riding the Teacups
    with someone who was dressed in one of the
    tour guide outfits. I had to stop and watch,
    it looked like cast tv was there to record it
    also.

•   

Re: Disneyland Dumbo ride video Matt Ouimet July 17, 2005

I know some of the videos take a long time to download. That is intentional. There is plenty of video available on YouTube or other places in which it is really hard to see what it is you are watching. I am trying to post the highest quality video possible. I know some people may not be able to watch the video, and I apologize for that. But, those who can download the video will greatly appreciate the quality that is being posted.