Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Pirate Princess

An Afternoon with Uncle Walt

In our own cyber Fantasyland, let's pretend that by some miracle Walt Disney could come share in this year's 50th anniversary celebration at Disneyland. His pride beems from his welcoming smile as he watches the world honor his dream. As usual, he's wandering the park, taking time to greet Guests and grab a box of popcorn. But today, he wants to spend the afternoon with YOU!

Paint for us a picture of your ideal day with Walt, including any snack stops or other details. Please list 5 specific attractions you'd like to experience with him and why.

• Baybeh!

If this were possible I'd be afraid he'd walk around the park screaming for Eisner's blood! Tomorrowland alone would get him yelling!

And I'd be right there with him!

But, all in all, this is something I have thought about quite a bit. I would want to walk around and just have him tell stories about how and why. Take a few rides, get some popcorn and just watch people enjoy the park.

Quote Originally Posted by LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    Paint for us a picture of your ideal day with Walt, including any snack stops or other details. Please list 5 specific attractions you'd like to experience with him and why.
    i would actually want to start my day at about 4-5 am, have walt give me a tour of his apartment and backstage and just walk around giving me a little history on the changes he made to disneyland and what inspired them. we'd ride pirates, small world, haunted mansion, peter pan, and splash mountain, because i think walt would have liked that ride. we would eat churros as snacks, and for a meal, we'd eat at club 33 (dunno what i'd eat as i've never been there)

i imagine walt had a special place for viewing the fireworks shows, and that is how i'd end my day... i'd go into alot more detail, but for some reason, this sounds like a "date" heheh and i'm a very hetero male so i'll just end it now

hmmmm... I'd envision it this way:

"Here we are on main street. Over there is the emporium, where you used to be able to look at old clothes, candy, knick-knacks and things but now it's just stuff animals. And up here is the arcade where you could play pinball and listen to the orchestrion but now they sell stuffed animals. Let's look at frontierland. Here in frontierland, at the Davy Crockett trading post you could see authentic rifles and powder horns, buckskins and arrow heads, but now you can buy t-shirts and stuffed animals. Over here was the horse corral, but they've turned that into a place where you can get stuffed animals. Back here was the mine train through Nature's Wonderland. The desert, the mountains, the valleys and streams and even a deep, dark cavern of beautiful rocks and things, with rainbow streams flowing between them. Now they have a roller coaster. I've heard it has crashed a few times. Over here, where there used to be a geyser and bubbling mud pots is now a petting zoo and a place to get french fries. Hmmm... Well, I'm glad to see the Mark Twain is still there... Over here is ... well, it used to be an Indian Village, but it looks like they have something called Splash Mountain. Not sure how that relates to the frontier or the creation of America. And here was the Indian trading post, where you can now buy stuffed animals. Sigh. You say you want me to show you Tomorrowland? I'm not sure if I have the strength anymore. You'd better go on without me. I'm going to sit by the petrified tree and try to figure out how to get this place back."

I guess my ideal day with Walt would take place back in late 1969, when the Hauted Mansion was finally opened. I'm sure even then, though, he'd have some gripes about how things were being kept up. There's nothing wrong with constructive griping.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

My father actually knew Walt and had been to numerous parties of his, not to mention been caught doing some things that could of gotten him fired while he was working for Disneyland. To me this meeting would be more personal in nature. I would just be happy walking around with him all day around the park asking if he can recall any memories about my father. My father was an alcoholic and I love hearing "Good" stories about my dad as opposed to all the complaints and bad stories of my dad's problem. Since he's passed on, I want to hold onto the good things about my dad and Becoming a Disney Artist is one of those things I long for to honor the good in him.

I would love to sit down with Walt and show him my portfolio (Since Walt was an Artist first) and get his feedback. Ask for his blessing in my pursuit to become an artist for his company. The just walk around the park brainstorming ideas on how to Evolve the park.

Then we would get drunk, grab a couple of baseball bats, then go pay a good old visit to Mikey Eisner.

Just Kidding about the last part
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by swagdaddy
    If this were possible I'd be afraid he'd walk around the park screaming for Eisner's blood! Tomorrowland alone would get him yelling!
    You'd better believe it! I think he'd be appalled at the deterioration of his vision. If we can get upset at the terrible mismanagement, imagine how he would feel!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Differently clued

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    You'd better believe it! I think he'd be appalled at the deterioration of his vision. If we can get upset at the terrible mismanagement, imagine how he would feel!
    I wouldn't want to take him into Disneyland if, by some miracle, he came back. He'd die again.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• Vehicle rotating backward

If Walt rose as a zombie and went into Burbank HQ looking for brains, he wouldn't be able to find any.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    If Walt rose as a zombie and went into Burbank HQ looking for brains, he wouldn't be able to find any.
    I actually sketched around with a very un-PC comic where the Disney Characters were all treated as slaves with Eisner as their master. One night they get all fed up and very Frankenstien like- Mickey (Dressed up as a mad scientist) unfroze Walt and brought him back to life. Walt was normal except for the fact he was the walking dead and had a taste for human brains. Eventually Eisner became lunch and Mickey became head of the company, albeit he used his mad scientist alter ego and made Eisner a zombie slave wearing a muzzle so he couldn't eat brains.

Told you it was un pc and very opioniated
    PirateMunkee

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    I actually sketched around with a very un-PC comic where the Disney Characters were all treated as slaves with Eisner as their master. One night they get all fed up and very Frankenstien like- Mickey (Dressed up as a mad scientist) unfroze Walt and brought him back to life. Walt was normal except for the fact he was the walking dead and had a taste for human brains. Eventually Eisner became lunch and Mickey became head of the company, albeit he used his mad scientist alter ego and made Eisner a zombie slave wearing a muzzle so he couldn't eat brains.

Told you it was un pc and very opioniated
    I'd love to see this sketch!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Differently clued

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Me too! Me too! Mmmmmmm.....Brainnnnnzzzzzz.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I still have it somewhere. I have to go to storage and look through all my portfolios. I also did some pen and ink drawings that spoke of how I felt Eisner is treating the memory of Walt. I have one where Walt is frozen and Eisner is all smiles besides the cryogenic chamber with the plug in his hand after he unplugged it.
    Another with Eisner at his desk rolling a big cigar using Walt's Ashes and another with Eisner peeing on Walt's Grave. I drew these portray Eisner as the Monster I really believe he is. Walt was an Artist FOR the artists. Disneyland was an Artists dream. Eisner destroyed that dream all for money. Don't tell me he's in it for the stock holders. He's destroying a dream to fatten his own pockets. Just how much money can one spend in his own lifetime? You can't take it with you Michael and the last time I checked, Hell doesn't accept currency.
    PirateMunkee

• /sigh

I still have it somewhere. I have to go to storage and look through all my portfolios. I also did some pen and ink drawings that spoke of how I felt Eisner is treating the memory of Walt. I have one where Walt is frozen and Eisner is all smiles besides the cryogenic chamber with the plug in his hand after he unplugged it.
    Another with Eisner at his desk rolling a big cigar using Walt's Ashes and another with Eisner peeing on Walt's Grave. I drew these portray Eisner as the Monster I really believe he is. Walt was an Artist FOR the artists. Disneyland was an Artists dream. Eisner destroyed that dream all for money. Don't tell me he's in it for the stock holders. He's destroying a dream to fatten his own pockets. Just how much money can one spend in his own lifetime? You can't take it with you Michael and the last time I checked, Hell doesn't accept currency.
    *feeww* I can tell you have passion, and I'm sure it reflects in your art. (which makes me more curious to see your portfolio).
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

*feeww* I can tell you have passion, and I'm sure it reflects in your art. (which makes me more curious to see your portfolio).
    Just how can I post pics? I have a couple of other stuff I did and would like to show it. Especially my Tattoo. I designed a Skull and Crossbones because My fave ride is POTC AND I'm actually related to a Pirate. Hanging from the bottom of the two swords I have a banner draped with my last name using the Old School Disneyland font. I drew it and the Tattoo parlor made a water soluble copy of it and placed it on my arm and just drew over the lines so the art is all mine.
    PirateMunkee

• /sigh

Just how can I post pics? I have a couple of other stuff I did and would like to show it. Especially my Tattoo. I designed a Skull and Crossbones because My fave ride is POTC AND I'm actually related to a Pirate. Hanging from the bottom of the two swords I have a banner draped with my last name using the Old School Disneyland font. I drew it and the Tattoo parlor made a water soluble copy of it and placed it on my arm and just drew over the lines so the art is all mine.
    Related to a pirate??? Now how did you trace that back? Do you know what his name was? That's pretty impressive. That's also great that designed your own tat.

(I'm not sure about the posting pics)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast