Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

I thin the land that could be done without is no land..... each land tells it's own unique story.. (even bad ones..) and needs to be there.. some can be redone and still follow the story...

Toon town is where the toons live...

Fantasyland is there the toons usually work...

Critter country is where the criters live..

new orleans is that famous port city... where pirates invade.. and puts on great firework displays.. (I saw it..)

Tomorrowland is what future is/was...

Mainstreet is yesteryear.. remembering our past is important...

Adventureland is for explorers...

No land is greater or less... all equal...

(thougth some lands could be improved a bit.. )

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    I thin the land that could be done without is no land..... each land tells it's own unique story.. (even bad ones..) and needs to be there.. some can be redone and still follow the story...

Toon town is where the toons live...

Fantasyland is there the toons usually work...

Critter country is where the criters live..

new orleans is that famous port city... where pirates invade.. and puts on great firework displays.. (I saw it..)

Tomorrowland is what future is/was...

Mainstreet is yesteryear.. remembering our past is important...

Adventureland is for explorers...

No land is greater or less... all equal...

(thougth some lands could be improved a bit.. )

True.. and the parking sturcture is where we come from.... your words are wise.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Personally I love ToonTown, I just wish there was more for everyone to do

They should really put in Mickey's Philharmagic there IMHO...
    "Trap Toad will they? HA HA NEVER!"

"Get Hip, Don't get the Dip!"

• FastPass n00b

ToonTown

It was a fun novelty for a few months, but now it's totally out of character for a reality-based fantasy park like Disneyland. The less cartoons outside Fantasyland, the better.

• Vulcanian Exile

Quote Originally Posted by gmaletic
    I'm always blown away by the fact that a lot of people on these discussion boards don't like ToonTown.
    In general, I don't care for ToonTown, and I agree that everything in it should be in Fantasyland if it's going to exist at all, but I was pleased that someone finally mentioned how great the Roger Rabbit attraction is. It's easily in my Top 10 at Disneyland, maybe even Top 5. That is one terrific dark ride.

I would nominate Critter Country. The Country Bears made sense for Frontierland. Splash Mountain is basically another Fantasyland thing, as is Pooh.

Merging all of that into Fantasyland might make it disproportionately large, but I don't see anything wrong with that either.

Actually, I think DCA is far more useless than any Disneyland land, but that answer is too easy.

• Banned User

Sunshine Plaza. Total. Waste. Of Land.

And to loose Toon Town? What about Roger Rabbit?!

I can think of two lands right off the bat: Critter Country and New Orleans Square. The only reason I bring this up is because Disneyland is not big enough to divide that amount of land that many ways. I like the concept of Disneyland having a Main Street entrance, and four "cardinal realms". New Orleans was the queen of the delta, and the most important of the Frontier cities. Hence, it could make a perfect "sub-land" of Frontierland. Critter Country is the bayou and the hundred acre wood, still could possibly be Frontierland. I think there would be improved continuity and space (opened by removal of signage) within the western zones of the park. I think this is one place where Magic Kingdom does it right, Splash and Big Thunder Mountains are in Frontierland, along with the Country Bears. I think with a little tweaking, it would help guests find their way around the park. It would provide simplicity and unity.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Vulcanian Exile

I don't think the 100 Acre Wood is a good match for Frontierland, but I agree with the general principle of keeping things simple within the original lands.

The Mansion is sort of an odd fit, though. It's not really Adventureland material nor does it quite match Fantasyland. Not sure it quite works as part of a sub-Frontierland either.

I guess Walt came to the same conclusion...I'm a big fan of keeping things simple whenever possible, but I suppose the real world has a way of making sure things are often not simple.

If you're going to come up with a brand new land, however, there can't be much complaint if you're going to populate it with winners like Pirates and the Mansion!

I suppose that's one of the major objections to Toon Town. One badass ride does not a land make.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123