Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Exclamation The Land that Disneyland could do without...

I just thought that this would be an interesting topic. If Disneyland had to remove one land, which would it be? It can be from either DL or DCA.

For me I think Disneyland could do without Toon Town. The home of Mickey and pals was Fantasyland and is still Fantasyland for me. I never hardly visit Toon Town and it really isn't a portal to another land. The space could have been used to extend Fantasyland or make a Villains' section of Fantasyland.
    Toon Town really has no major icon or attraction, like the rest of the lands of the original park. FL has SBC, MS is the portal to most of the other lands, Adventureland has Jungle Cruise/IJ, NOS has Pirates and the Mansion, TL has Space Mountain and the monorail station, Frontierland has BT and the Mark Twain, and then there is Critter Country which really now only has Splash....

I mean, Toon Town is great for the little ones, but I never had Toon Town when I was little, and character greets were always a lot more fun when a character could just pop out on Main Street. It was the surprise of it all for me...

And it really never fit into the theme of Dl in my eyes. Different parts of Americana and the Imagination made up DL, but TT was built as a character meeting center...

Disneyland will never be complete, so make Disneyland Resort less complete by pointing out the land that Disney could do without. Be sure to give reasons (if you wish).

I think most people would agree with you, although a case probably could be made for Critter Country -- though I don't know how we'd live without Splash Mountain.

If Tomorrowland continued on its downward spiral, I'm sure many could agree that it might not be worth keeping that land.

• Former CM

As it is right now I would say Tomorrowland, but since it's getting better with SM about to open and the subs coming back I'd then vote for TT. While my little one like to see the characters it would be good enough for him to see them anywhere in the park.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by erick13
    As it is right now I would say Tomorrowland, but since it's getting better with SM about to open and the subs coming back I'd then vote for TT. While my little one like to see the characters it would be good enough for him to see them anywhere in the park.
    Careful there erick13... Some of us are quite fond of TL... At least the way it used to be.... It was my favorite land untill Pressler mucked it up...
    Check out my other blog:

• e komo mai

Toon Town could be changed into a Fantasyland property.

The Paradise Pier area in DCA could go. They could retheme it.

• Social Imagineer

I consider ToonTown less of a land than DCA. It, too, is beyond the berm, and I go there even less than I do to the blighted AP-free land across the Esplanade.

ToonTown can go now.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Yeah, down with Toon Town! I almost never go there, it's almost like it doesn't even exist to me 92% of the time. The space could be better used by almost anything.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Sock Puppet

I happen to like Toontown, it's great for small kids

one land I am not too fond of would be tomorrowland. I loved it as a kid, but it is really dead now

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Careful there erick13... Some of us are quite fond of TL... At least the way it used to be.... It was my favorite land untill Pressler mucked it up...
    I love the way it used to be. Put it back to the old TL and I'd be very happy. As long as TL gets the care and attention it should get it will always be a favorite.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by idontneedaname
    I happen to like Toontown, it's great for small kids

one land I am not too fond of would be tomorrowland. I loved it as a kid, but it is really dead now
    I love it when the avatar matches the post. I just thought of sad Stan reading this post.

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    They can do without Critter Country.

I never see the point in threads like this.

• Hooterville, USA

Toontown.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• there's always my way...

TOONTOWN I do not like TT at all, i avoid it at all cost!
    I do not like it with a fox, I do not like it in a box..
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DBFan117
    I never see the point in threads like this.
    That's okay too. I just wanted to come up with a thread that everyone could share their thoughts on. :o I would like to make bigger and better threads, but I can't get around to the parks to tell everyone what's going on. It was a thread to use creativity and imagination to tell what the guests would like to see happen with certain lands/attractions/or whatever. Afterall, you never know, President Matt Ouimet might be reading... Prolly not, but... y'never know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast