•   
    • Senior Minion

Last minute stroller question... sorry!

Yes another stroller question. We leave tomorrow and we don't know whether to bring our own stroller or rent one. Our concern is we don't get to DLR often and want to be ready at rope drops to get going. Specifically we will be doing Early Entry on Monday, and that will start at 8:00 (normal park opening is 9:00).The question is will we be delayed by having to get in another line for the stroller? Will the stroller rentals be open before 8:00 when early entry starts so we can have it rented first?
    Last edited by ThomasJefferson; 04-28-2007 at 05:08 PM.

• Skyway Lead

Re: Last minute stroller question... sorry!

I'm a former CM from years back, and also had the pleasure of taking my daughter to Dland when she was little. So here's my counsel.

The only stoller I would bring to Disnelyand would be a small umbrella stroller; the kind that you can fold up into the basic length / shape of an umbrella. They are light, and you can take it with you on most rides. They are also inexpensive and so if it's stollen, you aren't out too much money.

DO NOT bring with you one of those large, expensive, humvee size stollers. It may well get stolen, or "borrowed." Many nonEnglish speaking guests see all those strollers parked outside of rides, and don't understand they belong to people. Others of course don't care and take them anyway. Strollers get stollen at Disneyland alot. Some end up back at the Stoller rental place at the end of the day, but many go home with the people that borrow them.

Renting is often the way to go. It's not too expensive, and if someone takes your tagged stroller, they'll give you another one. They extend back, if you have a little one that needs to nap, and they have room for a few bags and belongings too.

Have fun!

Skyway Lead

•   
    • Senior Minion

we have an umbrella stroller, but would rather not bring it. If we rent one, can we get one before the park opens. so we don't have to wait in another line after we enter?

I prefer going strollerless (even when we had four kids five and under). But, if you really like a stroller, I think renting one is definitely the way to go. I wouldn't waste early entry time renting a stroller. How about going strollerless until the park starts filling, after you've gotten the full benefit of early entry and then rent a stroller (and have breakfast).

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nemopoppins View Post
    I prefer going strollerless (even when we had four kids five and under). But, if you really like a stroller, I think renting one is definitely the way to go. I wouldn't waste early entry time renting a stroller. How about going strollerless until the park starts filling, after you've gotten the full benefit of early entry and then rent a stroller (and have breakfast).
    good idea... do we have to go back the entrance to get one?

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

You can also get one inside the Star Trader store in Tomorrowland...that always seemed to be the fastest line when I rented. It's the cash register within the StarWars gifts... ;-)

• Skyway Lead

I'm pretty sure the only place to rent a stroller is just inside the main entrance. You can always get back there by way of the Disneyland Rail Road. As you enter the ticket gates, the stoller (and wheel chair) rental place is to the far right, just before you get to the tunnel that goes under the railroad. I'm also pretty sure the stroller rentals place is open early.

• Life is Great!

Actually stroller rental is not inside the park, its in the Espalande now.

I would go in the park and hit all the Fantasyland rides, then come back to rent a stroller.
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

It's not very difficult to go back out the front to get the stroller, but I do also remember, as all4disney said, that they rented strollers from Star Traders. Could someone confirm if they still do? You used to be able to get them through the Gag Factory too, but I'm pretty sure they don't do that any more.

The last time we visited DLR our daughter was right on the verge of not needing a stroller any longer. My wife thought it would be a good idea to have one in case she got tired. We really didn't want the hassle of taking the big stroller on the flight so after we got to SoCal we bought a cheap umbrella stroller. We used it sparingly while at DLR and when we packed up to catch our flight home we "accidentally" left it in the hotel room.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Former Cast Member

We had our stroller stolen at DCA last year. The folks in guest relations said to call back the next day because 95-98% are "borrowed" rummaged through for things like cameras, wallets, and equipment and then dropped somewhere else in the park. Well we were part of the 2% where our stroller was taken home with someone else.

Guest relations said to bring a bicycle lock and put it through the wheel and frame of the stroller and lock it to itself. Nobody will want to carry your stroller all the way home.

Anyway- if you have a lot of kid items, then bring a stroller. If you just need it for pushing your little ones because they tire, rent one and bring a comfortable backpack.