Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Social Imagineer

What Sit Down area?

Soon after May 5, they stopped having the area in front of the castle be seating-only. They wanted people to still be able to walk through the increasingly crowded area. I've seen fights break out on several occassions as people tried to make it through the packed audience zone.

There was no more sit-down area enforced till the last time I bothered to camp out for 'Remember,' which was like 3 weeks ago. Have they changed it back? If so, it might be worth another four-hour campout to get the supreme view of this show, because the vibe was much nicer when people weren't fighting.

Um, but a sit-down area has to be enforced by CMs. The audience itself cannot simply decide for there to be a sit-down area and try to enforce it with shouting and chanting. Heheh, I've seen that happen about ten minutes before the show when everyone on the curb started chanting for everyone in the street to sit down in front ... heedless of the fact that in a huge crowd of people standing shoulder to shoulder, there is no room for anyone to sit down.

So mob-rule won't work in this situation. It's only a sit-down area if there is Disney crowd control to make it so.

241 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
    This has nothing to do with DL but along the sme lines and it is a huge rant!!! So thanks for listening . I went to my nephews graduation and before the ceremony started, they asked for every one to stay seated and try take pictures from the seats, not scream when their graduate was announced since it was such a small area. Needless to say...there were groups who stood and screamed. But what really was bad, they would just stay standing. Not sit down when someone behind them asked them to sit down. One family got very angry, who didn't want to sit down and yelled at this Grandma and made her cry, seriously. I had a small child once, but I always made her behave, not run around/scream/kickchairs etc....she would get her cute little butt in time out or swatted (yes I am from the spanking generation) if she misbehaved in public, or I would leave the area until she calmed down. I know that babies and toddlers have short attention spans, get bored and tired but then either make them mind or keep them at home. If you can't make them mind or be quiet, don't get pissy when someone tells you to control your kids!!! OK-getting off soapbox...back to your regualr scheduled programming.
    Namaste

...I'm not old, I'm just older...bonjovi

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    There was no more sit-down area enforced till the last time I bothered to camp out for 'Remember,' which was like 3 weeks ago. Have they changed it back?
    Yes, it's changed back. Cast members would make a mass announcement about every fifteen minutes starting about two hours before showtime that the area direstly in front of the castle was a sit-down only area.

• More Than Meets The Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy247
    So, I'm sitting there waiting for Remember to start earlier tonight. The show starts, everyone's happy. (Background info: I'm sitting in the sit-down only area) But then this lady stands up and everyone start yelling at her to sit down. SHE IGNORED US! Then we got a chant going "Sit Down....Sit Down....Sit Down!" So she acts all annoyed, turns around, FLIPS EVERYONE OFF , and then proceeds to sit down. Then we all cheered and lived happily ever after. I just couldn't believe it. What a mean old lady!
    That would have made me laugh so hard and loud... then I would have made it a mission to be everywhere she was after that and everytime she turned around I would be there flipping her off and laughing...

Ok, maybe not but the thought of it makes me laugh, heheh. :devil:
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• Banned User

where is this "sit down" area? Im planning to STAND right at the hub by the Partners statute and I dont want to appear rude to guests.

• Banned User

At TDR, everyone sits for parades and shows of this magnitude, thus everyone being able to enjoy the show. I wish every was that respectful at all other disney parks in the US and Paris...

One night last week when I saw Vaguely Recall (there were quite a few effects that night that weren't working, so it wasn't really a full Remember), I showed up about 20 minutes early to stand in my favorite spot just south of the hub. Two people in wheelchairs had just arrived in the same area, so other folks and me naturally left a good six feet in front of them so they'd be able to see the show. Everyone else got the hint and did the same as the area started to fill.

With no more than 2 minutes to go, a family showed up and stood RIGHT in front of the folks in wheelchairs. Unbelievable.

BTW, what a difference a month makes. When the show first started last month, you had to show up at least 45 minutes early to stand in this area. Now, you can show up 20 or so minutes early many nights to get the same spot.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Oh No..... you WILL be sitting...or there will be Chanting.....Much Chanting....
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Man, I sure hope someone called that rude family who stood in front of the wheelchairs; and the same for the family that made grandma cry! Shameful.

OK, a few years ago I showed up at the park one evening with my best friend and my step-father after we attended a Calvary Chapel Men's Conference across the street. We ended up with this excellent spot for Fantasmic, right on the water's edge with only a couple of asian women in front of us. Well, one of these women must have been incredibly proud of her new hairdo, because she had her friend take a picture... a flash picture... of her at least every three minutes during the entire show, with her smiling and posing for the camera with the show's projections washed out behind her. Unbelievable, and rude, rude, rude. We never said a word, though; I think we were just too stunned.

A few years previous I was at a historical presentation that featured a slide show of the Earp family's history in the Inland Empire (yes, its true; ask me about them sometime). Right after the 30-40 minute slide presention started, this woman began taking FLASH pictures of the screen!!! Several people in the audience just sort of chuckled, knowing full well that all she would end up with was a complete roll of shots of a white projection screen! Unfortunately, she kept taking pictures and by then the fiasco had gone on for so long that no one in the audience wanted to say anything to her because they didn't want to embarrass her. Everyone ended up suffering during the ENTIRE slide show, blinded every few seconds by this dim-witted woman and our own good intentions.

Some people...

Ok so here I was with my 7yo son at CA. 1 1/2 hours befor the new parade there. We sit just to the right of a trash can at the ege of the "stay behind this line" line. I figured no one would block my sons view as the parade came up the street because of the trash can. As people started to fill in around us for some reason everyone that had a stroller had to cross where we were sitting asking us to move each time. Now I am a easy going person but about the third time a lady rooled over my sons finger. That was it I closed the gate.
    But it did not end there, just as the parade started a man lifted his son about 4 yo over my son and plop him down almost on my sons lap. Just about the time I was about to give the finger to him and everyone else around me and get halled off to Disney jail a CM came to the rescue. The man's son was past the "stay behind this line" line and had to move.
    I think next time I'm going to climb a tree.
    Thanks for listening to my rant and rave.

• Banned User

Sorry guys, Ill be respectful and move out the way of people in wheelchairs and stuff but I will NOT sit for fireworks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12