Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 4th of July at Disneyland?

Newbie here, I was wondering about how busy the park is on the fourth? We are arriving either July 1st for seven nights or the 8th for the same length. We havent decided yet, but it looks like the first due to work. What we found funny is the rooms are more expensive for the week following the holiday. Both are sunday arrivals and this held true to the three hotels we are considering. Is the week of the 8th going to be busier? Thanks

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: 4th of July at Disneyland?

Historically July 4th is extremely busy. I myself have only been to Disneyland one time on the 4th of July, and swore to never ever make that mistake again.

As to why the room are more expensive the following week... I have no idea, unless there is a big major convention in town that week.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Hopefully it won't be as bad as New Year's Eve, that's suppose to be the busiest day and I found that to be true this past year!

We're going from 6/30-7/8 also, already got it booked as the best hotels/motels fill up fast and early for this period.

If you want a great package, try either AAA or Costco.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Total zoo. And hot. Bring lots of water and a change of shirts or two.
    Fight On! Beat the Utes!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Welcome to MiceChat!

Aside from being one of the busiest National Holidays at the DLR (or anywhere in America for that matter), its a summer day. The math is yours!

The Anaheim Convention Center shows a couple of fairly large convention groups over that course of time adding to the fun.
    http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm

Enjoy!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Welcome!
    I have been to Disneyland on July 4th - and I don't go anymore because everyone else is there on July 4th. I suppose if I was visiting from out of town, it would be different, but having an AP, I choose to go other times when it's less crowded.

You will have fun, but it will be crowded.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wbarley View Post
    Hopefully it won't be as bad as New Year's Eve, that's suppose to be the busiest day and I found that to be true this past year!

We're going from 6/30-7/8 also, already got it booked as the best hotels/motels fill up fast and early for this period.

If you want a great package, try either AAA or Costco.
    4th of July is actually worse than New Years Eve (we are veterans of both.) The reason is mainly the heat. Both are capacity crowds, but the heat makes everything worse. It is usually busier the week after the 4th, than the week before.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    4th of July is actually worse than New Years Eve (we are veterans of both.) The reason is mainly the heat. Both are capacity crowds, but the heat makes everything worse. It is usually busier the week after the 4th, than the week before.
    Agreed. I have been to Disneyland on both occasions and I have to say the HEAT adds to the roughness of the day - that making the 4th of July tougher to bear.

Last time I went to Disneyland on July 4th was 2001 - and in order for us to get spots to see the fireworks by the castle, we had to get there at 7:15pm - and that was not giving us a bench - we had to sit on the ground for over 2 hours to save our spot that we ended up standing in.

If you are brave and want to tough it out, I say go for it! Everything aside, we still had a good time - and it was fun being at Disneyland on 4th of July.

• Former Epcot CM

Wouldn't you rather get all your friends around to your house, get some snacks on the BBQ, get the music playing and spend your July 4th sunning it up?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Wouldn't you rather get all your friends around to your house, get some snacks on the BBQ, get the music playing and spend your July 4th sunning it up?
    That's pretty much what I do every year.

I've only been on July 4 once, and to my complete surprise the park was packed but lines were SHORT. I usually wouldn't go but a friend was in town and she practically dragged me in. I warned her it was gonna be crowded and it was, but we actually got on a fair amount of rides. My only guess is that everyone was camping out for fireworks.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

I'll be there during that time. Unfortunately it's the only time I could get off to travel. I have several friends in the area so we're not going anywhere near the park on the 4th. I'm used to heat and crowds and have no desire to see a parade or fireworks that I've already seen several times. At least I'm staying at the GCH so if the crowds get too bad I can go get a beverage!!

• Disney Starved in AZ

I'm an out of towner and when I wanted to go for NYE and 4th of July everyone on every board I had visited told me not to do it because of the crowds!

I say do it!

I found NYE to be less busy than I expected and 4th of July to me was just as busy, but not any busier than any typical summer day I've ever gone. You have to experience the fireworks on the 4th and the midnight countdown on NYE for yourself atleast once!

I'd love to do either holiday again, and again, and again!

• Earth Intruder

July 4 has the honor of being the single busiest day of Disneyland's operating year. If you're looking to do things like ride rides or eat then be prepared for some major lines, major heat, and major headaches.

If you're looking to just sit around and people watch, then July 4 is perfect. Just get there early so you aren' denied admission when the park fills to capacity. Oh, and if you leave, you may not be able to get back in later.

Better alternative -- do your week starting on July 8. Every attraction and show that was open the week prior will still be open , but the crowds will be less. Still busy, but not capacity filling pandemonium like the week of July 4.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I keep hearing how bad the park is on the 4th, but last year we went and it was fine. We were all geared up for mega-huge crowds and super long lines for rides and food and...It just never materialized.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalPalaceGirl View Post
    I found NYE to be less busy than I expected and 4th of July to me was just as busy, but not any busier than any typical summer day I've ever gone. You have to experience the fireworks on the 4th and the midnight countdown on NYE for yourself atleast once!

I'd love to do either holiday again, and again, and again!
    We do NYE every year. We also do 4th of July most years. For either one, arrive early and if you want to be in the park for fireworks, stay in the park. People leave, then get upset that the park closed for capacity and they can't get back in. Plan to eat at off times to avoid huge crowds (there will still be crowds at any time fo the day....) The only negative part for me on the 4th is it is so hot, and people get so cranky. Not so at NYE.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast