Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Parade Auditions Report

I know there is another thread, but since it was more of an anouncement, I just wanted to give you guys what it was like going through the process. First of all I'm a theatre person, and I've auditioned for every high school play thus far, but nothing could compare to the experience of the audition at Disney.

First I got there around 8:00 am and we all got measured, our photo taken, and our audition number. From there we went to a rehersal hall where we learned I believe it was 4 counts of 8 of a dance. I've been working on my dancing through the years, but I'm nowhere near a dancer, and it was very hard for me to learn the dance. Once we learned the dance for about 10 minutes they made us do it in paris of three. They didn't give you much time, so I just smiled and had energy cause I knew I didn't know the routine very well.

After doing the routine in groups of three, we were placed in two groups, one moved on to do more dancing and the rest of us waited to either contiune or be but. Luckily I was not cut and they let us have lunch, and come back around 3:00. So came back and did the routine over again, and I still messed it up, but I still had lots of smiles and energy. From there it was the final cut. They put us in two sections where we could not be seen. To my surprise they offered us all in the room a position. So we all went back to the rehersal hall. Although it was the Electrical Light Parade auditions, they were still casting for the other parades. I got the Rhino in Parade of Dreams, although I won't be seen, I was estatic because its a way to get into the parade, I will have to go through a new experience and meet new people. So I then left around 5:30.

It was a long day, but the auditons to me were the hardest I've ever endured. It was a wonderful experience, and I give kudos to anyone who just gets up there and trys there best. I felt very little at first cause everyone looked like they knew what they were doing, but I just decided to give it my all and try my very best, and it payed off.

So look for the Rhino starting June 15th!
    Jeff Wayne

• 1375 miles away

Re: Parade Auditions Report

Congratulations! The experience itself will be worth all your hard efforts. I bet you will have a wonderful time. Who knows, maybe the Rhino will be the start of something big!
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-14

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I know there is another thread, but since it was more of an anouncement, I just wanted to give you guys what it was like going through the process. First of all I'm a theatre person, and I've auditioned for every high school play thus far, but nothing could compare to the experience of the audition at Disney.

First I got there around 8:00 am and we all got measured, our photo taken, and our audition number. From there we went to a rehersal hall where we learned I believe it was 4 counts of 8 of a dance. I've been working on my dancing through the years, but I'm nowhere near a dancer, and it was very hard for me to learn the dance. Once we learned the dance for about 10 minutes they made us do it in paris of three. They didn't give you much time, so I just smiled and had energy cause I knew I didn't know the routine very well.

After doing the routine in groups of three, we were placed in two groups, one moved on to do more dancing and the rest of us waited to either contiune or be but. Luckily I was not cut and they let us have lunch, and come back around 3:00. So came back and did the routine over again, and I still messed it up, but I still had lots of smiles and energy. From there it was the final cut. They put us in two sections where we could not be seen. To my surprise they offered us all in the room a position. So we all went back to the rehersal hall. Although it was the Electrical Light Parade auditions, they were still casting for the other parades. I got the Rhino in Parade of Dreams, although I won't be seen, I was estatic because its a way to get into the parade, I will have to go through a new experience and meet new people. So I then left around 5:30.

It was a long day, but the auditons to me were the hardest I've ever endured. It was a wonderful experience, and I give kudos to anyone who just gets up there and trys there best. I felt very little at first cause everyone looked like they knew what they were doing, but I just decided to give it my all and try my very best, and it payed off.

So look for the Rhino starting June 15th!
    Sounds like a position where size, strength and endurance might be as important as a basic coordination and dance skills.

How much fancy footwork can a rhino be expected to do

Are you front or rear ?

• It's all about Theme!

Congratulations!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Minion

I met the other guy, and he said that we switch off
    Jeff Wayne

• Shablagoo!

Congratulations. Have fun. I love the Parade of Dreams Rhino. He's awesome.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I met the other guy, and he said that we switch off
    Don't forget to get some industrial-strength antiperspirant

• Banned User

Congratulations! I'm happy for you! Now I kinda wish I went, but I had no idea about the auditions till yesterday and by then it was already over! I hope you have loads of fun and move your way up!

• Knight that says Nee!!

That's great! Congrats!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's a great audition experience. Thanks for sharing it with us. It's always cool to hear about what it takes to work for the park, especially a parade. You'll be the best rhino ever!

Good job Jeff! The audition is the WORST part, trust me. The rest is going to be a piece of cake. (Well, except getting used to the heat and weight on your back, but that's still easier than the miserable audition!)

• Disgruntled Former CM

I envy you...

I did my first audition for Disney on my 17th Birthday; I was giving a ride to my friend Mimi from Dance Class (she auditioned every year...); there were 600 people in my height category - which they eliminated down to about 30 or so (each time there were cuts, they took them aside and made sure that they weren't missing anyone for a Face part...); I was cast as "Dopey" in the Very Merry Christmas Parade, and I worked in the Parades (Christmas, Electrical, 25th Anniversary) for the next 4 years.

(Mimi was furious; she had to wait in the car for 5 hours after she was cut...)

You are going to have a Blast; I loved every minute of my time in Entertainment... you will be well paid in Smiles

• Minion

Thanks Everyone for your kind words.
    I recieved a message from someone that said don't be surprised if I get "dismissed "from my roll because of this post, but I didn't think I was doing anything wrong? Nothing was stated in the audition. I just explained what the process was like, I didn't think there was any harm in that.
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    I envy you...

I did my first audition for Disney on my 17th Birthday; I was giving a ride to my friend Mimi from Dance Class (she auditioned every year...); there were 600 people in my height category - which they eliminated down to about 30 or so (each time there were cuts, they took them aside and made sure that they weren't missing anyone for a Face part...); I was cast as "Dopey" in the Very Merry Christmas Parade, and I worked in the Parades (Christmas, Electrical, 25th Anniversary) for the next 4 years.

(Mimi was furious; she had to wait in the car for 5 hours after she was cut...)

You are going to have a Blast; I loved every minute of my time in Entertainment... you will be well paid in Smiles
    Umm, are the dwarf roles in those parades as - umm - vertically challenged as they are in the Electrical Parade ? Though Dopey seems a bit taller.

It was always interesting seeing the dwarves decapitating themselves backstage at DCA and how short the girls were. Mostly asian these days.

• Merry 2014!

congratulations! smiles and energy won the day! enjoy your parade experiences. report more too!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast