Super Shuttle vs. Disneyland Express

Two friends (possibly 3) and I will be arriving at LAX on a Thursday night around 10:30pm. We decided to go with LAX instead of John Wayne because we will be saving $75 that way. How do you recommend getting to our hotel? We don't know what time to leave on a Sunday night (our flight leaves at 8:15pm). Taxi and limo are out of the question. Which one is more convenient, the Super Shuttle or the Disneyland Express? And generally how is traffic on these nights?

•   

Re: Super Shuttle vs. Disneyland Express

SuperShuttle is $15 each way per person. Disneyland Express is $29 RT per person. So, 30 vs 29. Have you priced a taxi? I used to drive a taxi in Anaheim back in 1996. It was usually about $45 from Disneyland to LAX, so the price is about the same for 3 people. If it is just two then I can understand considering the shuttles only.

You can get more info at www.supershuttle.com and http://anaheimsightseeing.com/anaheimairport/

When you arrive I doubt traffic that late will be a factor. It will be crazy at the airport, but that's it.

I always try to arrive at LAX two hours early, but I always fly Delta and it is rarely as crazy as it can get over at Southwest. What airline are you flying?

If you use the Disneyland Express, the 5pm departure should be OK. If you use SuperShuttle you will need to factor in any additional stops they will make in order to determine what time you will need to be picked up.
    Last edited by PhotoMatt; 04-29-2007 at 02:59 PM.

We're flying American just because I have miles from flying to London last month.

•   

The terminal at American should not be a factor. Arriving 2 hours early should be OK.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

A few points, first off, a taxi is about $100 plus tip one way depending on traffic.

You can find a $3 off round trip coupon for the Disneyland Express here..

http://anaheimsightseeing.com/anaheimairport/

IMHO, the Airport Bus (Disneyland Express) is better. Airline type seats, a restroom on board if needed and just one cycle around the airport and then non-stop to the Disneyland Hotel (then the other hotels).

With the Shuttle Vans, it seems like I always get the guy who will drive around the airport three times looking to cram the van to capacity (and of course, I get squished in the bench seat), and then the van stops at a couple of houses on the way to the DLR dropping off locals coming back home before heading to the hotels.

For me, if you are going to land in John Wayne or Long Beach. Rental Car first, Taxi second ($35 plus tip one way).

FOr LAX, Rental Car first, Disneyland Express second.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

I did the super shuttle every time I went ( 4 times) always the buiest times. I have never had a problem, and got to my motel each time right away. taxi cabs will cheat you every time!! each time I took a taxi to the anaheim market place I got a different rate. each time we went to knotts we got a different rate. ( don't take a taxi! Supper shuttle I love !

• Super Genius

Try this: It takes about 2 hours but is cheaper than a taxi

http://socaltransport.org/tm_pub_sta...eButton=Submit
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Hi there! My boyfriend and I have tried both forms of transportation from LAX and we like the Disneyland Express. It's more comfortable, there are no reservations needed, the rates for round trip are reasonable, and they drop you off at or close to your hotel.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedMansionMike View Post
    Try this: It takes about 2 hours but is cheaper than a taxi

http://socaltransport.org/tm_pub_sta...eButton=Submit
    thats awsome ( if your young and can figure it out) I would go for it !!

Starting at LAX Ride G Shuttle( METRO GREEN LINE AVIATION STA) heading southFrom: WORLD WAY NORTH/TOM BRADLEY TERMINAL Lv: 02:19PMTo: AVIATION STATION/WEST END OF PLATFORM Ar: 02:35PMNo Charge Ride Metro Rail Green Line( NORWALK) heading eastFrom: AVIATION BL I 105 GREEN LINE STATION Lv: 02:42PMTo: NORWALK I 105 I 605 GRN LINE STATION Ar: 03:08PMPay $1.25, Monthly Pass: $52.00, (EZ Pass accepted)Ride Metro Bus 460 (DISNEYLAND) heading southFrom: NORWALK GRN LINE STA/BAY 2 Lv: 03:23PMTo: EAST SHUTTLE RDWY/DISNEYLAND Ar: 04:28PMPay $1.25, Monthly Pass: $52.00, (EZ Pass accepted)Ending at DISNEYLANDTotal cash fare = $2.50 *For this trip consider a Metro Day PassTrip time is about 2 hours and 9 minutes.Trip distance is about 40.54 miles.*Driving cost: is about $22.78 (based on AAA's formula at 56.2 cents/mile)

•   

For the record, I NEVER cheated anyone. In fact, one time back in 1994 I took a drunk guy from downtown Orlando to Haines City and drove around until he found his hotel. The meter was over $65. He paid $10. He did not ask me to do that. In fact he told me to stop when the meter reached $10, but there was no way I was going to leave him on the street. I can give many other examples of charity driving I did - that is just one.

Do not say all cab drivers will cheat you. That is not true. Yes, there are hardcore jerks out there, but they do not represent all cab drivers.