Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney Secrets Master

Anything you want to see happen in Fantasyland?

Anyone got any ideas for fantasyland? Is anything new actually going to happen? Post your ideas here!

I was thinking a Villians Dark ride.
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

• At the Gym or at DL

It's not likely that you'll see much anything new attraction wise in FL for awhile, other than normal maintenance and at best minor changes in existing attractions. There's just too much that's needed in Tomorrowland and DCA.

• Circle of Ancients

Well first and foremost, something needs to be done with the Castle. It can't just sit there all empty like that. It was fine for the first 2 years of Disneyland, but now it's the 50th anniversary and we've been without an interior for about 4 years now. So Imagineers need to work something out there. Even just a little tribute to Sleeping Beauty, nothing major.

Next, I think that something should be done with the Fantasyland theater. After Snow White leaves, I'd like to see that area totally refurbished. It certainly got the fairy-tale charm of FL added to it with the Snow White musical (trees, cottage dining station etc.), but I'd like to see the area redone. MAybe add some more dark rides (Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Black Cauldron), or a Villain ride, shoppe, and restaurant ensemble, King Arthur's banquet hall perhaps, something new.

Basically keep FL as it is, but redo the back part, and it will be like it is totally re-invented.

I'm sure they could even keep the theater (make it smaller, move it into Toon Town, or just reconfigure it). We don't need to see the theater top as we peer at Sleeping Beauty Castle.... lol

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I agree that the castle needs something inside again. Unfortunately, this would take some time seeing as handicapped people at this stage wouldnīt be able to go back up into the walkthrough area. This can be fixed with an elevator. Management just has to work it out.

A Villainīs ride would be cool...Iīm just afraid it would turn out all cheesy or something. It would be a rip-off of "House of Mickey" or whatever itīs called...Iīm pretty sure itīs on Toon Disney. If this idea was executed properly, it would certainly be an awesome ride.

Iīd love to see a new classic dark ride. Ariel, Sleeping Beauty (after all, the castle is hers), Beauty and the Beast...who knows.

And yes, the theater needs...something. The show there now is fairly cute, but it will only last so long. That tent isnīt flattering to the castle...and if you sit down for the Snow White show, an irk of many is hearing the DL train blasting noise as it passes by.

But as said before, letīs have Tommorowland fixed first.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by llama5492
    I was thinking a Villians Dark ride.
    Have you even been on Snow White's SCary Adventures?!?! You already HAVE a Villains dark ride!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

-IASW needs to get its 50th. revamping
    -Motor Boat Cruise area needs to be used for a new ride

• The one, the only...

Three changes for Fantasy

1) I would get rid of Alice and replace her with Ariel. I am sorry but Alice is no longer box office. Besides she already has the teacups. There needs to be some of the more recent classics represented in Fantasy land. I like the theater experience in DMGM, but I would prefer a ride through the sea. Kids can ride on giant fish. There could be under the sea affects. I think it would be a hit!!

2) Snow Whites theater production area would go. I don't like shows like that. I would replace it with a ride. It would be the Cave of Wonders. You would board Magic Carpets that would take you on a almost roller coaster experience through the cave and then around the world.

3) I would put back that Skyway to Tomorrowland that went through the Matterhorn. It was a fun, simple ride that everyone enjoyed.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Former CM

I want the Villains shop back next to Peter Pan. Too bad they can't put a resturant in the Castle like WDW.

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    1) I would get rid of Alice and replace her with Ariel. I am sorry but Alice is no longer box office. Besides she already has the teacups.
    No spare Alice. I'd rather get rid of Snow White and/or Pinocchio first. There is always a good line for Alice and Peter Pan, but for the other 2 you can get on in just a couple of minutes.

My problem with Fantasyland is that I like all the rides. I use the Pinochio and the Snow White ride just like I use to do with People Mover, when it's hot, I head there for a quick get away, and relaxation.

I would like to see more Dark Rides added someplace. Have the entrance off of the Small World alley. It would be nice to have an e-ticket rollercoaster, but Fantasyland should stick to rides that the whole family could ride.

In Conclusion, don't replace rides, but add them. If you could find the space, that is.

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite-Boy
    In Conclusion, don't replace rides, but add them. If you could find the space, that is.
    A Couple of areas you could use are the old Motor Boat's and where Big Thunder Ranch was. If they get rid of the FL Theatre that would also give a big area that can be used too for some other attractions too.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    More Prince meet and greets!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Hooterville, USA

I to think Villains should come back, and the candy store should come back to the castle too! If you can add a ride without subtracting one, then do it! It's the best land for kids now. Blow up Toontown instead and have a make over.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Eh i want a ride kinda like the assaylem we've all been kinda likeing that idea, and it whould draw major crowds hehe id love it
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Imagineer in training

Just a few thoughts:
    1) Could the tent over the Fantasyland Theatre be be painted like foliage to blend in more? After all, the Indy building was painted to look jungle-y.

2) I'd like to see the Castle Walk Through re-opened. I mean absolutely no disrespect when I say this, but legislation aside, why do all attractions need to be accessible to guests with mobility problems? Last I checked, Tarzan's Tree House, the Main Street Vehicles, the Columbia, TSI, Donald's Boat, Goofy's Bounce House, and the Disneyland Railroad can not accomodate wheel chairs and motorized vehicles. Just an observation, folks.

3) I mentioned this in an earlier thread, but can't seem to find it: I think creating a pedestrian underpass system near the Teacups to allow foot traffic to move more fluidly during parades and times of congestion would be a great idea. Perhaps the excavation could be used to create a sub-terrainian queue area for the Matterhorn as well.

4) I hate cloning things from other parks, but Disneyland Paris has a very cool gift shop with a giant bean stalk growing out of it. Perhaps this would be more at home in Toon Town - perhaps the Toon Park area?

5) Chimney Sweep street actors. Do cool acrobatics along the rooftops of the Dark Rides to entertain guests in queues. Step in time! Now how could they do a cool smoke staircase?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast