Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Storm Brewing?

  1. #1

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834

    Storm Brewing?

    I just noticed, it has been awful quite around here in the way of updates...

    I mean, we get a lot of info about the 50th... and some teasers about new attractions... But have any of you have a sneaking suspicion that there is a storm brewing that we don't know about... Because it has been AWFUL quite the last couple of weeks since May 5th...

    Thoughts, comments, observations?
    Check out my other blog:

  2. #2

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989
    I kind of have a similar feeling too ... it seems like, either they are just keeping everything super quiet ... or TDA is having second thoughts, or we just don't know what's going on ... or mabye there is going to be TONS going on so we are going to get a SUPER big update ... or Al is just taking his time.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  3. #3

    • e komo mai
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,362
    I'd love to think that there's something cooking, but I've been burned before by the Mouse. Remember the New Tomorrowland?

  4. #4

    • Social Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    862
    They've shot their wad. Nothing else is coming. They've no clue what to do, and can't even look back at successful events to see what might be there to guide them in their cluelessness.


    They might be working on Nemo or TLand 2008 or DCA MagicFix No. 17, but they think the birthday is finished, and nothing's left to do after May 5 other than collect the money that they are successful in pulling in on a continuing basis by having had the 50th Birthday in May.

  5. #5

    • Videographer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Cal
    Posts
    451
    A company cannot sustain constant pushing. I think they did a great job in the past year. We have a great celebration and great looking park. Time for everyone to breathe, relax, and enjoy - - and to start planning what is next.

    Nemo is being worked on as is Monsters Inc. Space Mtn is about to makes it's return. (RockIt Mtn sometime in the future for an added bump.) I could see a minor tweak in ToT creating a more random experience.

    I would expect no major announcement for the next 17 months during the celebration. You turn 50 only once - no sense stepping on your own celebration.

    Can you imagine the control Matt will get if this celebration remains so successful for the entire 18 months. That is when we will hear about the next great thing.

    Then again, I could be wrong.

    RU

  6. #6

    • Mentat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    In your Plumbing
    Posts
    222
    Maybe everyone is taking a nap?

  7. #7

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138
    I agree with RU42 - everythings going so well, why would Disney ruin their own party with announcements of something that's going to make what's happening now look pale in comparison? They don't want to put out the filet minon on the grill while were already filling up on hamburgers.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  8. #8

    • Resident Neuroscientist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Posts
    1,143
    Actually, there will be announcements forthcoming...just ones that we know about coming next month. They will make announcements for any changes that will occur after this celebration during the tail end of the celebration, so people don't think they are getting lazy or anything (I'm talking about stuff like the return of the PeopleMover). I wouldn't say they are seeming to ease up any more than would be expected...they have spent MILLIONS to get everything ready for the 50th, so I'm sure there won't be much added to the parks until at least 2007 (other than Monsters, Inc., of course).
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!


  9. #9

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,159
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I agree with RU42 - everythings going so well, why would Disney ruin their own party with announcements of something that's going to make what's happening now look pale in comparison? They don't want to put out the filet minon on the grill while were already filling up on hamburgers.
    Exactly, wait until the 50th wears off.


    This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

  10. #10

    • Lovin' Life!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    105
    Millions of dollars, pyrateslife4me84...it had to be spent to bring the Park back to its pristine self....as we all know, the routine maintenance (as well as some of the safety maintenance) was more than lacking...and in the end, they had to pay for it.

    Don't get me wrong...DL looks fabulous! But, a ton of money could have been saved had they only kept to the maintenance calendar...it would have saved a lot of that 11th hour hurry up and make it look pretty ...

    By the way...I heard somewhere that DL has ordered up 75,000 cupcakes for the 17th (of July)...rumor??
    ....it all began with a Mouse...

  11. #11

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Actually, there will be announcements forthcoming...just ones that we know about coming next month. They will make announcements for any changes that will occur after this celebration during the tail end of the celebration, so people don't think they are getting lazy or anything (I'm talking about stuff like the return of the PeopleMover). I wouldn't say they are seeming to ease up any more than would be expected...they have spent MILLIONS to get everything ready for the 50th, so I'm sure there won't be much added to the parks until at least 2007 (other than Monsters, Inc., of course).
    I never thought people where being lazy, that wasn't what I implied...

    There is an advertising technique that Matt and the rest of TDA are doing... In that they are spreading out some of the additions in order to keep the press focused on Disneyland... The addition of ASIMO is sort of one of those types of things... Space being another... I assume they will be doing something special for the Holiday's being that it is the 50th as well, but we don't know how it is going to come into play... and of course next years additions...

    I will say this... They need to make the announcement about the subs... it is like Disneylands worst kept secrite right now... Just get it over with already...
    Check out my other blog:

  12. #12

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    966
    Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    They've shot their wad. Nothing else is coming. They've no clue what to do, and can't even look back at successful events to see what might be there to guide them in their cluelessness.


    They might be working on Nemo or TLand 2008 or DCA MagicFix No. 17, but they think the birthday is finished, and nothing's left to do after May 5 other than collect the money that they are successful in pulling in on a continuing basis by having had the 50th Birthday in May.
    While I don't entirely agree with your line of thought, I do think you're onto something. TDA/Burbank put so much into the kick-off, it will be virtually impossible to keep up the same pace. Even with a Nemo announcement, they're still essentially bringing back an old attraction. People are starting to talk about the idea that Space might not be much of an improvement in the average guest's eye, but what if the new Nemo attraction is perceived as the same.

    Disneyland needs a new E-Ticket, and DCA needs one even more urgently. That would sustain the guests for the remainder of the decade just as Indy pulled people in for the second half of the 1990s. Otherwise, DLR runs the risk of ultimately becoming a regional park like Knott's or Magic Mountain.

  13. #13

    • FastPass n00b
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    Disneyland needs a new E-Ticket, and DCA needs one even more urgently. That would sustain the guests for the remainder of the decade just as Indy pulled people in for the second half of the 1990s. Otherwise, DLR runs the risk of ultimately becoming a regional park like Knott's or Magic Mountain.
    Actually, I don't think Disneyland needs a brand new attraction. While those types of additions worked well in the mid-90's, Disneyland is a different park now and it needs more attention before it can focus on anything new again. Tomorrowland is improving, but it's still in shambles. There are still totally unused parts of the park such as the Motor Boat Cruise, PeopleMover track, submarine lagoon, Aladdin's Oasis and other huge areas. Once these issues are addressed, then I think Disneyland can start thinking about an all-new attraction.

    I believe by filling in the gaps left by Pressler slowly over the next 5 years, they can bring in the tourists. As long as they keep the progress steady and have something "new" in Disneyland to show on the national TV ads every season, the tourists will come. While its true a mega all-new E-ticket would keep tourists coming in for years, Disneyland needs to patch itself up before it's ready for that type of committment again.

  14. #14

    • something else...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    229
    i have the feeling that TDA is just chilling back in the big yellow building because they can right now. attendance is through the roof and everything they've done so far has been a HUGE success.
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

  15. #15

    • Im Mrs Americain Dream
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    C Spot
    Posts
    1,871
    They should bring in the villains ride idea oooho
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

    My Youtube Video Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where is the storm now?
    By wolfy in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 03:57 PM
  2. Storm
    By KPrincessKenzie100 in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 04:58 AM
  3. In A Storm?
    By Disneyland Daddy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 10:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •