Side Street Strutters

Hi all. Couple of quick questions, if you don't mind.

1. When I had an AP back in the late 80s, there was this great Dixieland band, the Side Street Strutters, who played regularly in New Orleans Square. I read somewhere that they've been performing there again as recently as last year. Does anyone know if they're still performing at the park?

2. I know no one has a crystal ball, but you guys are better at speculating about this stuff than I am. I'll be at Disneyland on either May 8th or 9th. I'll be with a friend from NY who last went with me during a nightmarishly crowded Saturday in the summer of 2005, so she's afraid we'll be fighting the same insane summer crowds. How busy do you think it will be on these days?

Thanks folks!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Side Street Strutters

Quote Originally Posted by KenJames View Post
    Hi all. Couple of quick questions, if you don't mind.

1. When I had an AP back in the late 80s, there was this great Dixieland band, the Side Street Strutters, who played regularly in New Orleans Square. I read somewhere that they've been performing there again as recently as last year. Does anyone know if they're still performing at the park?

2. I know no one has a crystal ball, but you guys are better at speculating about this stuff than I am. I'll be at Disneyland on either May 8th or 9th. I'll be with a friend from NY who last went with me during a nightmarishly crowded Saturday in the summer of 2005, so she's afraid we'll be fighting the same insane summer crowds. How busy do you think it will be on these days?

Thanks folks!
    1. I don't think they are there, but I could be wrong. Now there is the Royal Street Bachelors. Make sure to watch for Queenie!

2. That time shouldn't be too crowded. But it won't be empty. Not only that but an uncrowded day to us frequent visitors would probably seem like it's packed to someone who never goes. Just take it easy and pace yourself and you shouldn't have much problems.

• For You!

I believe that the same guys who did the Side Street Strutters are now doing doowop over in DCA. I could be wrong though.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Doo wop? Wow.

Thanks for your replies.

• Helmsdad

Side Street Strutters Rule!

I remember talking to the leader of the band at the French Market one day and he told me Disneyland wouldn't even stock their CD's. I wanted to buy one.

Go figure. These guys were dynomite! Bring 'em back!

Did I just say that?