Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Head Salesman

I always get a smile and a "Hi, Robert" every time I go. But I'm an AP holder, so there ya go.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Minion

I guess I have been extremely lucky. Through the years, and even on our most recent visit in May, I have encountered only a few cm's that were not friendly. And I always love to chat with cm's, just for a moment of course!

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    idontneedaname: I can do ya one better, the parking lot CM looked at my AP and said "Okay..... is...she in the car?" (trying to see through my tinted windows).
    At least they didn't ask "Is he in the car?"

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Being a teenager, I've noticed the only CMs who take me seriously or show any such respect are the older CMs, such as the nice cashiers at some of the stores, or some of the front gate CMs. And typically, theyre the older women who are especially nice to me. However, I do run across the occasional teen or early-20s CM who seems more than happy to have a job at Disneyland and puts in the extra effort.. but nevertheless that is a rare occurrance.

It seems like I don't get the respect simply because I'm just a teenager and come off as just another punk kid who doesn't give a second thought about the effort and care that goes into the park. Well, boy do they not know a thing about me

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    I always get a smile and a "Hi, Robert" every time I go. But I'm an AP holder, so there ya go.

I think most people on this board are AP holders

Well, I was sure surprised by the Main Gate CM. I was there on my birthday a couple of months back, and while I intended to go to City Hall and get a birthday sticker and all... surprise of suprises.... I get a Happy Birthday greeting from the CM at the Main Gate as she scanned my AP! Caught me off guard, but was also much appreciated. The rest of the day was wonderful too. Amazing how the CM's can spot those birthday stickers and work in a "Happy Birthday" greeting in their spiel, or as you board. Just a little bit more of that "Disney Magic!"
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

My mom worked the front gate a couple of years ago. Boy, did she love her job! The only reason she left was so that she could spend more time taking care of my grandmother, and the drive was a bit long. But she prided herself on being friendly to everyone who came through her gate.

Several years ago I went to the park one night, and the older woman who scanned my AP greeted me with the most heart-felt and sincere "Welcome to Disneyland!" that I've ever heard. It was just like being welcomed home by a grandmother you hadn't seen in several years. I can still hear it inside my head and it makes me glow inside even now just thinking about it.

It truly is amazing the result that such a brief and simple effort can have on someone. Try to remember that, whether you are a CM or a guest; your words leave a meaningful impact.

• Metal Head

Thats odd they always call me by name and tell me to have a great time.
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123