Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1

    • Fighter Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SAN DIEGO
    Posts
    825

    In the year two thousand eight...

    Since YOAMD pretty much is a disapointment this year, it should just be written off and concentraite on next year. I think next year they're going to have to do something pretty amazing to make up for this blunder. I mean let alone its hard to beat the Happiest Homecoming no matter what. What would you make the next year theme be?

  2. #2

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,704

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    I don't think it's been that much of a disappointment. Everyone goes into the park with the chance of winning. I think it added a little more excitement to each visit.

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  3. #3

    •   
    • Blind to His Own Faults
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    8,054

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    My vote would be to give themes a rest for a while. At least until the 55th or 60th anniversaries.

  4. #4

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Just around the riverbend
    Posts
    8,057

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    No more themes PLEASE!!!!!

  5. #5

    • I love loop jokes.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northridge, CA
    Posts
    802

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    I don't think they need a theme like they had for 50th and YOMD. They're gonna have a lot of people coming in for Nemo and Pirates at Tom Sawyer Island.

  6. #6

    • Vegetarian Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    Well, it is Mickey's 80th next year! (Official birth: November 18, 1928) Surely they would have to acknowledge that in some way?

    Plus, 2008 will see my next visit, and surely that is worthy of a year-long series of special events?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks


  7. #7

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    Does a theme park really need a theme?

  8. #8

    • Fighter Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SAN DIEGO
    Posts
    825

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    I thought I heard a story once on thats how Toon Town was created in away. I heard that WDW was to celebrate Mickey's bday with a new land called Happy Birthday Land. At the same time DL was going to give Roger Rabbit his own land too somewhere behind the Opera House. But plans of course change and instead of two seperate parks, that they would combine them to where it would be inspired by Roger Rabbit, but honor Mickey at the sametime. But eh that could just be a myth

  9. #9

    •   
    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,067

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    Well, it is Mickey's 80th next year! (Official birth: November 18, 1928) Surely they would have to acknowledge that in some way?

    Plus, 2008 will see my next visit, and surely that is worthy of a year-long series of special events?
    You think he dyes his ear/head/thingy region black??
    He looks good for 80!
    But Minnie, now that's a different story! I have a thing for older mice.

  10. #10

    • It's all nonsense
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    You'll never guess
    Posts
    2,552

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    I thought I heard a story once on thats how Toon Town was created in away. I heard that WDW was to celebrate Mickey's bday with a new land called Happy Birthday Land. At the same time DL was going to give Roger Rabbit his own land too somewhere behind the Opera House. But plans of course change and instead of two seperate parks, that they would combine them to where it would be inspired by Roger Rabbit, but honor Mickey at the sametime. But eh that could just be a myth

    That was all apart of the Disney Decade in the 90s. It was to be called Mickey's Birthday Land, but turned into Mickey's Toontown Faire in the Magic Kingdom. Roger Rabbit was to have his own land in MGM Studios I believe.

  11. #11

    • Jambo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Harambe
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    That was all apart of the Disney Decade in the 90s. It was to be called Mickey's Birthday Land, but turned into Mickey's Toontown Faire in the Magic Kingdom. Roger Rabbit was to have his own land in MGM Studios I believe.
    Well Mickey's Birthdyland was created as a somewhat temporary land for Mickey's 60th Birthday and after that it became the home of all those Disney Afternoon stars like Darkwing Duck when it became Mickey's Starland and finally becoming Mickey's Toontown Fair in the mid 90's.

    Anyway, back on topic. I think there has been a major overload of the "Celebrations". What with the 100 Years of Magic, Millenium, 50th and YOMD all happening within the past 10 years or so... we need a break.


  12. #12

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    489

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    I already know what the 2008 theme will be:
    "The year that I graduate, move to SoCal, and become a CM"

    I think its a great theme that will attract many more guests than YOAMD

  13. #13

    • "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    126

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    Well, if Mickey's turning 80, then perhaps a small mini-campaign would be nice (and by that I mean something that lasts one month tops!!)

    Hopefully that could segway into a refurb of toontown.

    After that, I don't really think Disney should do anymore year long celebrations, at least until 2011, when DCA turns 10, and they can try again to generate excitement for the park.

    Too many celebrations really take away the fun.

    Disney theme parks have had huge celebrations for:
    Walt Disney
    Mickey Mouse
    Disneyland's opening
    WDW's opening
    and it goes on and on.

    Honestly, theres so much disney history now, that every year can arguably be an anniversary of something great. Lets pull back a bit, and make the celebrations rare... but grand.

  14. #14

    • Fighter Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SAN DIEGO
    Posts
    825

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    well they don't have to celebrate anything, I mean they reconize the rides but they never blow it out of porption, like Pirates turning 40 this year, I'm surprised they kept it low key besides one weekend.

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    468

    Re: In the year two thousand eight...

    Quote Originally Posted by NCTJoe View Post
    Well, if Mickey's turning 80, then perhaps a small mini-campaign would be nice (and by that I mean something that lasts one month tops!!)

    Hopefully that could segway into a refurb of toontown.

    After that, I don't really think Disney should do anymore year long celebrations, at least until 2011, when DCA turns 10, and they can try again to generate excitement for the park.

    Too many celebrations really take away the fun.

    Disney theme parks have had huge celebrations for:
    Walt Disney
    Mickey Mouse
    Disneyland's opening
    WDW's opening
    and it goes on and on.

    Honestly, theres so much disney history now, that every year can arguably be an anniversary of something great. Lets pull back a bit, and make the celebrations rare... but grand.
    Yes but WDW got no celebration for its opening this past year. Don't get me started on Epcot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Two Thousand!
    By Disneyland Daddy in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 02:54 PM
  2. Three Thousand and it's Time for Bed!
    By Nephythys in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 09:20 AM
  3. DMOF2 hit the two thousand mark !!!!
    By Hakuna Makarla in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 06:31 PM
  4. Four effing thousand, bay-bee.
    By sunnygirl in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 05:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •