Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Fighter Pilot

In the year two thousand eight...

Since YOAMD pretty much is a disapointment this year, it should just be written off and concentraite on next year. I think next year they're going to have to do something pretty amazing to make up for this blunder. I mean let alone its hard to beat the Happiest Homecoming no matter what. What would you make the next year theme be?

• For You!

Re: In the year two thousand eight...

I don't think it's been that much of a disappointment. Everyone goes into the park with the chance of winning. I think it added a little more excitement to each visit.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

My vote would be to give themes a rest for a while. At least until the 55th or 60th anniversaries.

• Senior Minion

No more themes PLEASE!!!!!

• I love loop jokes.

I don't think they need a theme like they had for 50th and YOMD. They're gonna have a lot of people coming in for Nemo and Pirates at Tom Sawyer Island.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Well, it is Mickey's 80th next year! (Official birth: November 18, 1928) Surely they would have to acknowledge that in some way?

Plus, 2008 will see my next visit, and surely that is worthy of a year-long series of special events?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• It's all nonsense

Does a theme park really need a theme?

• Fighter Pilot

I thought I heard a story once on thats how Toon Town was created in away. I heard that WDW was to celebrate Mickey's bday with a new land called Happy Birthday Land. At the same time DL was going to give Roger Rabbit his own land too somewhere behind the Opera House. But plans of course change and instead of two seperate parks, that they would combine them to where it would be inspired by Roger Rabbit, but honor Mickey at the sametime. But eh that could just be a myth

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis View Post
    Well, it is Mickey's 80th next year! (Official birth: November 18, 1928) Surely they would have to acknowledge that in some way?

Plus, 2008 will see my next visit, and surely that is worthy of a year-long series of special events?
    You think he dyes his ear/head/thingy region black??
    He looks good for 80!
    But Minnie, now that's a different story! I have a thing for older mice.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    I thought I heard a story once on thats how Toon Town was created in away. I heard that WDW was to celebrate Mickey's bday with a new land called Happy Birthday Land. At the same time DL was going to give Roger Rabbit his own land too somewhere behind the Opera House. But plans of course change and instead of two seperate parks, that they would combine them to where it would be inspired by Roger Rabbit, but honor Mickey at the sametime. But eh that could just be a myth

That was all apart of the Disney Decade in the 90s. It was to be called Mickey's Birthday Land, but turned into Mickey's Toontown Faire in the Magic Kingdom. Roger Rabbit was to have his own land in MGM Studios I believe.

• Jambo!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    That was all apart of the Disney Decade in the 90s. It was to be called Mickey's Birthday Land, but turned into Mickey's Toontown Faire in the Magic Kingdom. Roger Rabbit was to have his own land in MGM Studios I believe.
    Well Mickey's Birthdyland was created as a somewhat temporary land for Mickey's 60th Birthday and after that it became the home of all those Disney Afternoon stars like Darkwing Duck when it became Mickey's Starland and finally becoming Mickey's Toontown Fair in the mid 90's.

Anyway, back on topic. I think there has been a major overload of the "Celebrations". What with the 100 Years of Magic, Millenium, 50th and YOMD all happening within the past 10 years or so... we need a break.

• Closed Account

I already know what the 2008 theme will be:
    "The year that I graduate, move to SoCal, and become a CM"

I think its a great theme that will attract many more guests than YOAMD

• "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."

Well, if Mickey's turning 80, then perhaps a small mini-campaign would be nice (and by that I mean something that lasts one month tops!!)

Hopefully that could segway into a refurb of toontown.

After that, I don't really think Disney should do anymore year long celebrations, at least until 2011, when DCA turns 10, and they can try again to generate excitement for the park.

Too many celebrations really take away the fun.

Disney theme parks have had huge celebrations for:
    Walt Disney
    Mickey Mouse
    Disneyland's opening
    WDW's opening
    and it goes on and on.

Honestly, theres so much disney history now, that every year can arguably be an anniversary of something great. Lets pull back a bit, and make the celebrations rare... but grand.

• Fighter Pilot

well they don't have to celebrate anything, I mean they reconize the rides but they never blow it out of porption, like Pirates turning 40 this year, I'm surprised they kept it low key besides one weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by NCTJoe View Post
    Well, if Mickey's turning 80, then perhaps a small mini-campaign would be nice (and by that I mean something that lasts one month tops!!)

Hopefully that could segway into a refurb of toontown.

After that, I don't really think Disney should do anymore year long celebrations, at least until 2011, when DCA turns 10, and they can try again to generate excitement for the park.

Too many celebrations really take away the fun.

Disney theme parks have had huge celebrations for:
    Walt Disney
    Mickey Mouse
    Disneyland's opening
    WDW's opening
    and it goes on and on.

Honestly, theres so much disney history now, that every year can arguably be an anniversary of something great. Lets pull back a bit, and make the celebrations rare... but grand.
    Yes but WDW got no celebration for its opening this past year. Don't get me started on Epcot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast