Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Its A Small World, but not well kept

haha.. if its picking on WDW.. its cool. if its picking on similar things in DL.. its nit-picking..

• Hooterville, USA

I rode twice on Sunday and didn't notice anything.

But then again I go to have a great time.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I rode twice on Sunday and didn't notice anything.

But then again I go to have a great time.
    I go to have a great time too - but when you stand in line, you notice things.....

• Fighter Pilot

it always looks as a middle school did the decorations, like one big float for the sock hop

• A New Kind Of Villain

Honestly, the last few times I've been on IASW, what seems to me to really need work are the water pumps.

Basically around the mermaid / Hawaii section, a few pumps had died, causing major backups and elongating the ride by 3-5 minutes.

I remember at least twice we've had to push our way out of that section because the pumps weren't moving our boat at all and we had at least 4-5 boats stuck right behind us.

I don't think this is one of those "just trying to find something to complain about" issues. The AA's and the ride itself are fine. It's just the water pumps that need replacing.

The CM's who work the ride know about the issue because they actually told us exactly how many pumps were broken, but it seems maintenance isn't a priority.

This is also an issue which decreases hourly capacity, although until the summer crowds hit, that probably isn't too much of an issue at IASW.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RANMAN View Post
    The only reason I noticed the roof.......normally it would be dark black roof, but where the broken panels were you could see normal lighting from outer part of ride building. Not being that picky, just curious. I love Its A Small World, thats why I point this out. It would be cool to see a complete over haul/ refurbishment. Ok, for those that thought I was just being negative.......The subs looked incredible, I love the new rock, and the more of a sea side village look of area. Cant wait to ride.
    Sorry, that's not good enough.

You still need to say 3 Hail Mickeys.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Honestly, the last few times I've been on IASW, what seems to me to really need work are the water pumps.

Basically around the mermaid / Hawaii section, a few pumps had died, causing major backups and elongating the ride by 3-5 minutes.

I remember at least twice we've had to push our way out of that section because the pumps weren't moving our boat at all and we had at least 4-5 boats stuck right behind us.

I don't think this is one of those "just trying to find something to complain about" issues. The AA's and the ride itself are fine. It's just the water pumps that need replacing.

The CM's who work the ride know about the issue because they actually told us exactly how many pumps were broken, but it seems maintenance isn't a priority.

This is also an issue which decreases hourly capacity, although until the summer crowds hit, that probably isn't too much of an issue at IASW.
    Send some of the Canoe CM's over to ride oar-gun.

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Send some of the Canoe CM's over to ride oar-gun.
    Jeff, Jeff, Jeff....

What will we do with you?

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

IASW has been cursed since they moved the Rocket Rods control panels over there

As for the missing ceiling panels - at least one of them is right next to some of the kids hanging from the ceiling by a 'balloon', it just looks bad.

I'm more concerned with the lighting issues (there are a lot of turned off/burned out lights throughout the attraction), but it's not peak season yet, and there are major projects going on elsewhere at the moment (Splash Mt. anyone?).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aenobarbe View Post
    Jeff, Jeff, Jeff....

What will we do with you?
    Who, me ?

I just thought that with so much closed in Critter Country and TSI that y'all might like to pick up some extra hours and, um, keep your feet wet.

BTW, bring your own oars, I don't think they have very many over at IASW.

• Minion

I think if you take a look at what is going on now in both parks (and it is significant), you can get a general idea as to where refurbishment/new attraction budget has been spent. I am sure they will get to IASW, Hey, Pirates, yes Pirates had a sagging roof long enough to really make me uncomfortable until it's recent rehab for the 50th. At least they are addressing maintenance more responsibly now.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Sock Puppet

I'm sorry some think I'm nit picking, but in all fairness, I read this site a lot. I know I always see stuff about up keep at both parks. I think IASW, is an Icon. It should be treated as such. Yes I'm an APer. I'm very proud. I'm able to take my 4 year old daughter and my 2 year old son as much as I want with out going into debt. Wait ......Hotdog=6.00 soda=3.00 churro=3.00...........so much for the debt thing. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12