Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Question Its A Small World, but not well kept

I just visited Disneyland today, and took my two kids on Its A Small World. While riding it, I was just looking around. I noticed several roof panels broken or missing. You could see all of the plumbing/electrical conduit and unfinished wood roof above. I know twice a year this great classic ride gets done over for the holidays and back again. Why doesn't Disney spend a little cash on refurbishing this building and ride elements. All I ever see is cleaning of animatronics.

Take a look at the details and there is a lot that could be done here.

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

Re: Its A Small World, but not well kept

Quote Originally Posted by RANMAN View Post
    I just visited Disneyland today, and took my two kids on Its A Small World. While riding it, I was just looking around. I noticed several roof panels broken or missing. You could see all of the plumbing/electrical conduit and unfinished wood roof above. I know twice a year this great classic ride gets done over for the holidays and back again. Why doesn't Disney spend a little cash on refurbishing this building and ride elements. All I ever see is cleaning of animatronics.

egh, so begins yet another thread about how Disney 'cant seem to upkeep the park', and 'you would think etc etc etc'.

no offense to you ranman.

but, here is comes, so opens the floodgates of complaints and comments and other comments of the like.

• Neep meep beep

Yes, no offense, but I ride this attraction every week (the price paid for having a two year old), and I enjoy the attraction and the parts I focus on, like most tourists, look great. I haven't noticed the plumbing/electrical work exposed, or "unfinished wood roof". I'm sure they probably are there, but every organization's resources are limited - and I'm sure that the new attraction(s) being built, the other attractions being refurbished, and keeping the main part of its a small world would be a higher priority than keeping someone looking at the ceiling happy, wouldn't it?

• Minion

There's a very simple solution to this.

Neck braces and blinders

• Crockett's Explorer Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Yes, no offense, but I ride this attraction every week (the price paid for having a two year old), and I enjoy the attraction and the parts I focus on, like most tourists, look great. I haven't noticed the plumbing/electrical work exposed, or "unfinished wood roof". I'm sure they probably are there, but every organization's resources are limited - and I'm sure that the new attraction(s) being built, the other attractions being refurbished, and keeping the main part of its a small world would be a higher priority than keeping someone looking at the ceiling happy, wouldn't it?
    I am very pleased to know that I am not alone in my opinion on this and like topics.

In my opinion, you can't upgrade camp.

• Banned User

I completely agree, but since it's May and everything seems to be in refurbishment, I would let it slide. If it still looks like that during the busy Summer season then I say you'd be vindicated!

• Sock Puppet

The only reason I noticed the roof.......normally it would be dark black roof, but where the broken panels were you could see normal lighting from outer part of ride building. Not being that picky, just curious. I love Its A Small World, thats why I point this out. It would be cool to see a complete over haul/ refurbishment. Ok, for those that thought I was just being negative.......The subs looked incredible, I love the new rock, and the more of a sea side village look of area. Cant wait to ride.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Damn you AP'ers!

hehe

• I have returned !!

last time I rode it (2 years ago now) I too thought it needed a refurb .. i'm not a AP holder... so I don't get to go as often as I really want to so my vision of it would be that of a visitor not a regular. You know DLR has the money, or can surely get it, to refurb this popular ride. I can see no good reason why they can' fix it. If Disney is trying to uphold a feeling of being in character and making us forget the real=outside world when we visit then why must we see things like shoddy upkeep practices that we can find outside the park? It cannot possibly be that we aren't paying enough to get into the park to assist in general building maintenence funding.

please don't rip me a new one.. im just sayin...

Mickey's cool but Johnny Depp Rocks !

Got Tiger? I do !!

LAST DLR Trip ? POTC: AWE PREMIERE !! 5-17~5-24
    next trip?? Dec 2007

Hi RanMan,

I couldn't agree with you more on this one! I actually enjoy going on *it's a small world*, but like you, I see so many areas where they could do some major refurbishing on the show building and not just on the AA characters. But over all, I still think it's a wonderful attraction and worth going on. And perhaps to a typical tourist, they wouldn't see the many flaws we do, but I still think Disney needs to pay some special attention and spruce things up!

They are working on it, they have some 60 attractions to look at, If thats your only complaint be happy.

• Defying gravity

I agree. "it's a small world" is in dire need of a paint job, especially at the loading/unloading docks.

• ...and sometimes why.

The second street to the right all the way till morning blvd.

Yep yep and those poor children in the ride dont even get paid to sing... lol

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I am in total agreement. And another thing I have noticed....where the train stops at Toontown Depot - the smoke from the train has turned a once golden piece of the attraction into a black eyesore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast