Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Parade of Dreams Ending...

POD is ok, but I like the music to POS better.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    This is funny. I was at the character warehouse in Fullerton about a month ago and they were playing the video and the song came on and I didn't realize it until then, either.

Why that song is part of a parade is anyones guess. I guess Disney was too cheap to commission a composer to write a totally unique song specific for the parade. So what it seems they wound up doing was taking a poorly written NSync style knock-off and using that instead.
    I like it better in the parade then the movie, and hey, sometimes the best song is from a movie. In my opinion, it was a really well done song.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    According to Al, the new parade for DCA is slated for early next year. And in the past, Al's usually been right about things he has posted on his site.

Now grant you, there's always *that chance* something doesn't pull through, but I have a feeling this new parade for DCA is gonna happen as planned.
    It has been officially announced that BPB is going to MGM studios sometime this or next year!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Basking in birthday love

I like the parade, and I like the song. The end of it (after the key change) gives me chills every damn time.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Here's an idea. Keep the afternoon performance of POD. At night, I'v heard about this parade where the people and floats are festooned with...light bulbs. I havc heard that it's gotten a few decent reviews.

They could, uhh, turn the lights out on Main Street and...

I know, it could never be done.

--Barry

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    According to Al, the new parade for DCA is slated for early next year. And in the past, Al's usually been right about things he has posted on his site.

Now grant you, there's always *that chance* something doesn't pull through, but I have a feeling this new parade for DCA is gonna happen as planned.
    The only problem with BPB going to Florida is all the issues with Equity they would have to deal with. Dancers at WDW are much more limited then their DL counterparts. If they do certain types of moves, they have to be paid as actors and not dancers, making the cost of BPB more than practical. If they can get those issues worked out then MGM Pixar Studios would love to have Block Party. If they can't get those issues worked out, I would assume the new parade would go to Disney-Pixar Studios as it can be designed to not be as intense on the performers.

• Goofy

Yeah i do like parade of the stars so magical.

• Done waiting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Here's an idea. Keep the afternoon performance of POD. At night, I'v heard about this parade where the people and floats are festooned with...light bulbs. I havc heard that it's gotten a few decent reviews.

They could, uhh, turn the lights out on Main Street and...

I know, it could never be done.

--Barry
    YES!! IT CAN BE DONE!! You've gotta believe!!!

While I love the PoD (my gf and I peeked through the bars and the tunnel to catch a glimpse of the parade when it premiered for the VIP 50th party), NOTHING will top the Main Street Electrical Parade!!
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I think the song is a good song for a Disney B movie but a horrible one to feature in an event such as a parade. Speaking from the viewpoint of a music minor it is really a simple song and if you break it down to its elements, it's emphasis is basically on a single note. It is a good arrangement that sounds wonderful played through a multi-million dollar sound system, the lyrics are good, but melodically speaking it is very boring.

Disney can do a lot better. They produced Baroque Hoedown which is a great piece of music in and of itself, but it also fits like a glove into the fabric of the MSEP. MSEP would not have been the same parade without it. The music was an element to the show in and of itself and actually enhanced the spectacle. Its theme wove seamlessly through the different musical themes inspired by the different floats and gave each individual theme an additional element needed to validate the lighting effects being used. The POD song gets interrupted by the music inspired by each individual float and it doesn't have the same continuity that Baroque Hoedown had.

I guess I am saying that there has never been a parade quite like MSEP and I suppose there never will be. I know it is at DCA but even then the feeling one got from it going down Main Street is a lot different than the feeling one gets when seeing it in DCA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12