Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Parade of Dreams Ending...

I was curious if anyone knew how long PoD will be running at Disneyland? I know that the Parade of the Stars ran for 5 (very long) years, and that about killed me, LOL!

I've never been a fan of PoD, so I'm hoping it won't run for 5 years total. If DCA is getting a new parade for next year, then why not allow Disneyland to get a new one too!

I've always felt PoD lacked performers and needed more. Plus the song they play (Welcome To Our Family) never seems to sound crystal clear to me...it always sounds muffled over the speakers.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Parade of Dreams Ending...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
    I was curious if anyone knew how long PoD will be running at Disneyland? I know that the Parade of the Stars ran for 5 (very long) years, and that about killed me, LOL!

I've never been a fan of PoD, so I'm hoping it won't run for 5 years total. If DCA is getting a new parade for next year, then why not allow Disneyland to get a new one too!

I've always felt PoD lacked performers and needed more. Plus the song they play (Welcome To Our Family) never seems to sound crystal clear to me...it always sounds muffled over the speakers.
    I am totally with you on this!

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I haven't heard any rumors about it going away any time soon. Funny thing about the song: I never knew it was from Brother Bear until about a week ago - I had never seen the movie. Whoops!

I agree it could do with a few more performers, but overall I like it! I still stop what I'm doing to watch the Pinochio show stop with the bungee puppet actor gymnast guys.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    I haven't heard any rumors about it going away any time soon. Funny thing about the song: I never knew it was from Brother Bear until about a week ago - I had never seen the movie. Whoops!
    This is funny. I was at the character warehouse in Fullerton about a month ago and they were playing the video and the song came on and I didn't realize it until then, either.

Why that song is part of a parade is anyones guess. I guess Disney was too cheap to commission a composer to write a totally unique song specific for the parade. So what it seems they wound up doing was taking a poorly written NSync style knock-off and using that instead.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    This is funny. I was at the character warehouse in Fullerton about a month ago and they were playing the video and the song came on and I didn't realize it until then, either.

Why that song is part of a parade is anyones guess. I guess Disney was too cheap to commission a composer to write a totally unique song specific for the parade. So what it seems they wound up doing was taking a poorly written NSync style knock-off and using that instead.
    Haha...glad it wasn't just me. I think I actually like it better in the parade than I do in the movie, although it does make more SENSE in the film.

Wait a minute... That song is from Brother Bear???

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    Wait a minute... That song is from Brother Bear???
    yep it is.

Welcome to our family time, Welcome to our brotherly time, this is a festable and the best of all, we are here to share it all!

God, thats annoying and stuck in my head. Im happy im stuck at DCA now. ELP > BPB > POD... in my opinion.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

BPB>all, if ya ask me.
    Which you didn't but it's out there now!

• Minion

Well it is more fun to watch again than the last one!
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

PoD is supposed to stick around till 2010. Sorry guys long gone is the day of a parade a year or even 2 years. Also the BPB going away is still a rumor, don't hold your breath until it Glows Away.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    PoD is supposed to stick around till 2010. Sorry guys long gone is the day of a parade a year or even 2 years. Also the BPB going away is still a rumor, don't hold your breath until it Glows Away.

J
    According to Al, the new parade for DCA is slated for early next year. And in the past, Al's usually been right about things he has posted on his site.

Now grant you, there's always *that chance* something doesn't pull through, but I have a feeling this new parade for DCA is gonna happen as planned.

• Queen Elsa

You guys are all crazy I love this Parade it's one of the best that I've even seen. I love the song Welcome infact I have that song in my cel phone. Every time I go to Disneyland I see that Parade. I've never miss it. I'm starting a new project with my pictures and take Pictures of the parade were it stops I will get photos of that one float like when it stops at Belle's float I will take pictures of just her float and the dancers with Belle & Beast with it. I want Disneyland to make a CD or a DVD of this Parade.

•   
    • I <3 o

When I was there in August I heard from a cm friend, in entertainment, that they were both contracted for 5 more years
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Princess Aurora Fan

I love the PoD it is my favorite parade that they have had. I wish they didn't remove the princes from the parade. That is pretty much the only place you could see them any more.
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

• I am number 4 of 999

I'm sorry, but I will NEVER forget my first time in Disneyland, being too excited to wait another day, going the first night we got to Anaheim, going through the main gate, the ticket lady was like "where is your hand stamp" and I was like "THIS IS MY FIRST TIME EVER!" continuing under the train station and standing in the middle of Town Square while the Parade of Dreams SURROUNDED me on all sides:
    "This has to be the most beautiful
    The most peaceful place I've ever journeyed to
    It's nothing like I've ever seen before"

It will stay with me my entire life. I LOVE the Parade of Dreams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast