• Done waiting!!

DCA Fountain Shower!

Last time my gf and I were at DCA we were hanging out in front of the Giant Hubcap when the big waterfall/fountain turned off. The it started doing its routine where it gradually starts turning on from right to left but when it got about 1/3 of the way across one of the jets shot the water straight out rather than like a waterfall and completely soaked a mom and her toddler who were sitting on the bench in front of it. They totally didn't see it coming and although they were obviously upset, my gf and I had to quick look the other way before we busted up laughing. The mom promptly found a CM and took him to the scene of the crime I suppose expecting him to give the fountain a stern talking-to.
    Has anyone else ever scene the fountain do something like this? I know it can get pretty big at times but I've never seen it fire out over the bench! It was kind of cruelly hilarious.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Shubisha

Re: DCA Fountain Shower!

Was it towards the right side of the fountain? There's a certain pump that will do that but not every time. Only at a certain point in the cycle and on occasion it seems.

• Up is Down

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Was it towards the right side of the fountain? There's a certain pump that will do that but not every time. Only at a certain point in the cycle and on occasion it seems.

Yes we have both seen that.... I was like wtf! It is a pretty funny sight to see!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

well, they use fan nozzles to burst the water out in a fan shape, one of the nozzles may be missing. I have some behind the scenes pics of that fountain. I'll have to see if I can find them.