Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Progressive Disneylander

Talking If You Want A Laugh, Be Last in Line for Ice Cream

Try being one of the last in the ice cream line at the end of the night on Main Street if you want a good laugh. It is amazing to hear all of the begging, pleading, whining, and snotty remarks that the poor CM who has to stand at the end of the line must endure.

I've been the very last person in line twice this week and the poor CM sometimes has to deal with some pretty creepy people at the end of the night.

One couple tonight were relentless in their efforts. They went back and fourth with the CM trying to worm their way into the line by using such tactics as, "Just let us in; no one will know" to "You know, this is really bad customer service."

The highlight of the wait was when one woman give the stare of death to the CM after being denied ice cream!

She first said, "...but I promised my kids they would get ice cream." After being told there was nothing the CM could do, the lady then said, "But we came all the way from Toon Town just for ice cream." This was quite laughable since the park had already been closed for a half hour already and she would have had to exit the park down Main Street anyhow.

Then came that wicked, evil stare right after another denial. After her 10-second scowl, she stormed off and nastily uttered, "You know, you're one of those people who follows all of the laws instead of having a heart."

It's amazing how many people think the rules should be changed just for them.

Anyhow, if you want a good chuckle, be last in line for ice cream. It's a hoot!
    Last edited by KISSman; 05-03-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Re: If You Want A Laugh, Be Last in Line for Ice Cream

As A Cast Member and Stock Holder I think they should keep the line open as long as people are willing to pay for goods and services... what is going to be brutal is the end of the NEMO Line...

• Banned User

I want to stand in line with the cast member and talk to people who complain, maybe help them out a little and say the things they can't I've been in those situations and I hated it.

Then I'll give them a cast compliment to offset any morons that complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985 View Post
    As A Cast Member and Stock Holder I think they should keep the line open as long as people are willing to pay for goods and services
    Maybe it's time for you to sell your stock.

Jeez man, the place has to close sometime. I'm sorry the 18 hours of overpriced ice cream revenue wasn't enough for you.
    Last edited by SpokkerJones; 05-03-2007 at 11:06 PM.

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Granted, I understand milking people for their last 5 bucks for ice cream... But really, it's not like cutting off the ice cream line will never make them return to Disneyland ever again!

And the money that Disney would spend on keeping their CMs beyond their designated shifts would probably be much worse (especially for the poor, exhausted CMs) for the company than losing that lady's couple bucks.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• Progressive Disneylander

As A Cast Member and Stock Holder I think they should keep the line open as long as people are willing to pay for goods and services...
    Disneyland would probably have to be open 24/7 if that were the case.

delete

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

As A Cast Member and Stock Holder I think they should keep the line open as long as people are willing to pay for goods and services... what is going to be brutal is the end of the NEMO Line...
    I agree. Walt, from what I hear, didn't even let the popcorn machines get lower than half empty no matter how late it was.....he didnt want to give people the impression that they were not wanted in his park.

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePrincess1230 View Post
    Granted, I understand milking people for their last 5 bucks for ice cream... But really, it's not like cutting off the ice cream line will never make them return to Disneyland ever again!
    Who's to say which straw will break the camels back; in other words....if the park were perfect in every other way then no, this one thing would not keep anyone from ever returning. But like our very own Kevin Yee says..."we don't want to decline by degrees" either.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

There needs to be a 24-hour diner of some sort somewhere on the property.

• When Will It Return?

^ It'd need to have its own walkway then. I sure wouldn't want to get blasted by those pressure hoses that clean the walkways every night...

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

Talking Re: If You Want A Laugh, Be Last in Line for Ice Cream

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    There needs to be a 24-hour diner of some sort somewhere on the property.
    Is that what Denny's is for???

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
    Is that what Denny's is for???
    Ah ha very true, or the Norms just up the road on Euclid.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Disney has three hotels, now, with more on the way. So, something should be available for night-owls, early-risers, and people who are going to the clubs. Then, the host or hostess on Main Street, U.S.A. could offer guests an alternative to the ice cream parlour.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Who's to say which straw will break the camels back; in other words....if the park were perfect in every other way then no, this one thing would not keep anyone from ever returning. But like our very own Kevin Yee says..."we don't want to decline by degrees" either.
    You honestly believe that cutting off the line for the ice cream shop at 1 in the freaking morning is "declining by degrees"? The place needs to close. Work needs to be done on Main St. And you can't have guests wandering around with maintenence crews, painters, and anyone else who has to be out there to make sure the place looks as good as it can for the next day.

Main St. is open for one hour after all the attractions close. They have plenty of time to get ice cream. No one has any right to be angry that they can't after the line is cut off.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    he didnt want to give people the impression that they were not wanted in his park.
    Yeah, when the park was still open.

• When Will It Return?

Y'know, a parent who waits until 1am to fullfill their promise to their kids about getting them ice cream, and then blames someone else about it...

That really shows a lot about what kind of parent and person they are. My sympathy goes to the kid. Kid's losing more than a little ice cream in that situation.

-- PMM

working on indy...i've seen this same kind of situation where people will say all kinds of things so that we'll let them on the ride, but seriously, we have to turn it off at SOME point.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast