Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16

    • Gumball Rally Godfather
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central Cali
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    I take it you're the trouble-maker in the group? :devil:
    Well, I've heard about how thses auctions can get a little crazy, and I don't mind helping somebody make a decision to bid higher on an item. So, uh, yeah, I guess it's a little ":devil: ish".
    Personally, I don't think that I'll bid. I do my bidding on ebay via e-snipe.com.
    I don't have any intention of getting caught up in that whole live auction, peer group pressure thing. That's the fastest way to spend WAY TOO MUCH money on stuff.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037


  2. #17

    • done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,331
    We went to the auction when they were selling the 75 Mickeys big figs that were displayed in the windows of World of Disney. Some of those went for way more than we ever expected - some for more than $1,000. Much more than we were willing to pay, even though some were darn cute.

  3. #18

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,068
    Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    Disney will NEVER turn down your money, and remember, they are Master Marketers and salespeople. They have been at this for a long time now...
    You must not have attended the Pirates Event in 2000. We were refunded our fee for the event.

    They are not always Master Marketers and Salespeople, as many problems still occur, that never should. They often times forget lessons of the past. Just look at what happened with the pin situation on 05-05-05.

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Codename Emily
    Posts
    413

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut
    As Martha Blanding, Manager of Merchandise Event Services, has refused to admit until now that this was cancelled, it is important for others at the Walt Level to know that their experience at this event is changing even further. Are you signed up at the Walt Level? Does this cancellation change your event?
    You always seem to speak about Martha Blanding as if you are familiar with her, in a personal way. I realized that actually you aren't. It's your friends in Merchandise Event Services that you have talked about. Most of the complaints you have about her seem personal, as I am sure your friends feed your distain. To me, this is reason enough to not want to give you any support. You just sound like you have a personal vendetta with Martha and you want revenge, rather than you and your friends are victims of hers.

    All in all, I do not have any sympathy for you Disneynut. The reason being that I have read your complaints about the 50th event on other boards and one thing still doesn't make any sense to me. You stated before the 50th event packages even went on sale that "I was rather shocked at the offerings. Although we will no doubt be attending, it does not seem like anything that would make the event live in our memories forever." You knew it wasn't going to be a grand event, you were already disapointed. Even after all this, you have made posts before about your unpleasant experiences with Event Services and you still bought tickets to the 50th event. When I have a bad experience with an Event, I don't keep trying again. I don't waste my money or my time.

    What really doesn't make sense is that you've ranted on about how bad Event Services is doing with this 50th Event but then you went and purchased tickets for the Shag Reception and Hollywood Walk of Fame. What followed? Your disappointment with how it was planned and unfolding. Why?? Why do you keep purchasing these Event packages after you are repeatedly disappointed? Just so you can complain on the boards? I don't get it. :confused:

    You even said before you purchased the 50th package, "Oh well, I guess we will have to decide if $2,000 is worth a breakfast on the Mark Twain." Well, I guess you both decided that it was work $2,000 a piece to have breakfast on the Mark Twain. So why the complaining? Seriously.

  5. #20

    • Hiding from the Sheeple
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPixie
    You always seem to speak about Martha Blanding as if you are familiar with her, in a personal way. I realized that actually you aren't. It's your friends in Merchandise Event Services that you have talked about. Most of the complaints you have about her seem personal, as I am sure your friends feed your distain. To me, this is reason enough to not want to give you any support. You just sound like you have a personal vendetta with Martha and you want revenge, rather than you and your friends are victims of hers.

    All in all, I do not have any sympathy for you Disneynut. The reason being that I have read your complaints about the 50th event on other boards and one thing still doesn't make any sense to me. You stated before the 50th event packages even went on sale that "I was rather shocked at the offerings. Although we will no doubt be attending, it does not seem like anything that would make the event live in our memories forever." You knew it wasn't going to be a grand event, you were already disapointed. Even after all this, you have made posts before about your unpleasant experiences with Event Services and you still bought tickets to the 50th event. When I have a bad experience with an Event, I don't keep trying again. I don't waste my money or my time.

    What really doesn't make sense is that you've ranted on about how bad Event Services is doing with this 50th Event but then you went and purchased tickets for the Shag Reception and Hollywood Walk of Fame. What followed? Your disappointment with how it was planned and unfolding. Why?? Why do you keep purchasing these Event packages after you are repeatedly disappointed? Just so you can complain on the boards? I don't get it. :confused:

    You even said before you purchased the 50th package, "Oh well, I guess we will have to decide if $2,000 is worth a breakfast on the Mark Twain." Well, I guess you both decided that it was work $2,000 a piece to have breakfast on the Mark Twain. So why the complaining? Seriously.
    AnotherPixie, your rant is clearly off-base and you are obviously not speaking about the facts. First, I could care less if you support me or the underlying cause. As I have said in the past, some of us stand up for what we believe in while others are content to travel in packs and support the majority opinion (I like to call them "sheeple"). I am perfectly happy to stand alone and fight for what I believe in.

    Before we even begin to address my complaints, let us first establish if you are attending this event and if so, at what level? As we have seen in previous threads, most of those who have a dissenting opinion are not even attending this event.

    You clearly state that you read my complaints on other boards. First, your response to this post is a little late. Where were you when this thread was current? I find it funny that you spent time on MiceChat tonight digging up a number of my old posts. Even though some were months old, you felt the need to post some type of response to them.

    Is this personal against Martha? YOU BET IT IS. From my very first interaction with her, she was rude and did not understand that all customers were entitled to what they PAID for. Martha personally withheld items from my "Tower of Terror" Tip Top Club package from me last year citing that I was an "annual passholder" and did not need what I paid for. First, I am not an annual passholder, second, even if I was, I paid for an item and it should be delivered as promised. My problems with her go way back and I will be the first to admit, I am shocked she has held onto her job for so long. The numerous emails I have received indicate that others have had similar problems with Martha. Did you read the boards where others have complained about Martha? Why did you not respond to their posts???

    Why is this so personal to you? Do you know Martha? People were complaining about her, and the way she runs the events, long before I came on the scene. Do a little research on past events at other Disney sites and see what pops up. Regardless, Martha is the one who is in charge of this event and I hold her responsible for the numerous problems.

    You claim to have read my posts, but yet you gloss over the key statement in all of them. I complain because I want to bring about change. Change can be a positive thing. I can tell this is lost on you. I complain about what is wrong because of people like yourself who want to ignore reality. You state in your post above "When I have a bad experience with an Event, I don't keep trying again. I don't waste my money or my time" I disagree with this, how can they ever learn from mistakes if they are not presented with a chance to fix them? As I have pointed out before (another fact that renders your untimely argument as moot) that several people have withheld their money and it has not brought about any form of change. You tried your way and now I am trying mine.

    I am glad to see someone defend Martha and her actions of late. She seems to be unpopular with a number of people for some reason (I wonder why) and I think those who support her should have their chance to speak their mind. Now that you have made your opinions public, please justify to those who paid their hard earned money that the numerous problems with this event are reasonable? If Martha is in charge, should she not be held responsible for the problems? Martha has repeatedly claimed to be the end all authority on this event. If I have the wrong party, tell me who to voice my grievances towards.

    You also bring up the fact that I am attending the Shag event. What you fail to point out is the fact that I have not said one negative word about this event. Why is that? Your post insinuates that I like to complain for no reason, yet I have no complaints about the Shag event. I feel I am getting what I paid for and as a result, I am happy.

    Martha Blanding should be happy to know that she has defenders like you. I have no doubt that you have earned enough brownie points with her to score that rare "minnie mouse" pin that you have coveted for so long. You can rest easy tonight knowing that Martha will see your post, appreciate your efforts and help keep your access alive.
    Last edited by Disneynut; 06-20-2005 at 11:19 PM.

  6. #21

    •   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    14,575
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    You must not have attended the Pirates Event in 2000. We were refunded our fee for the event.

    They are not always Master Marketers and Salespeople, as many problems still occur, that never should. They often times forget lessons of the past. Just look at what happened with the pin situation on 05-05-05.

    What was up with the Pins?... I Did walk past a bunch of Pissed off People trying to get Watches though....
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

    YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

  7. #22

    • Hiding from the Sheeple
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    591
    I must admit, I am sucker for these debates and get pulled in each and every time. I would prefer to keep this thread on topic and not make this a personal conversation between myself and those who disagree with me.

    First, if you want to argue with me because you don't like me, great! Email me or see me in person at the event and we can spend the evening discussing it.

    Second, my original posts always attack what is wrong with this event or the way it is being handled. A few like to attack what I am saying and how I say it, but don't ever seem to address what makes this event so great for them. To keep on topic, if you disagree with my complaints about this event or Martha Blanding, tell us what you think Martha (or Merchandise Event Services) is doing right. Tell us why you support them.

  8. #23

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Codename Emily
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut
    AnotherPixie, your rant is clearly off-base and you are obviously not speaking about the facts.
    Of course I wasn't stating facts. I was asking questions. I clearly said I didn't understand and that it seemed confusing to me, etc. etc. etc.

    Before we even begin to address my complaints, let us first establish if you are attending this event and if so, at what level?
    I am not attending this event nor any other Disney Event. Been there. Done that. I saw Disney Events for the reality they are. The chance of going to a Disney Event anymore and being 100% satisfied is slim. I don't desire to waste money or time on taking a chance on it. I only had to learn my lesson once. It was enough for me Now..if I was in a financial position to spend the money without reason or worry, sure..I'd go to them all

    You clearly state that you read my complaints on other boards. First, your response to this post is a little late. Where were you when this thread was current?
    There's an expiration date on posts? I didn't know that. Responses to posts are never late, besides, I had to go back and find your original post. I wanted to make sure I quoted you correctly. I didn't want to misconstrue what you originally said. Know what I mean?

    I find it funny that you spent time on MiceChat tonight digging up a number of my old posts. Even though some were months old, you felt the need to post some type of response to them.
    Why is that funny? This is a topic you've been discussing for awhile. I went back to re-read it from the beginning before posting my opinion. Of course I felt the need to post a response. Why not? I was interested in an update. If that is amusing then by all means, laugh

    The reality of your presence is that one of your friends was not able to support their own position, so they had to call for back-up. You and a select few support a mob mentality where anyone who challenges the Disney machine is wrong. It continues to amaze me how someone such as yourself can profess loyalty to an organization who continues to water down what was sold to us.
    One of my friends? Huh? I think I missed something
    So I support a mob mentality because I asked you why I don't understand your reasons for complaining? Okkkkaaayyy......................

    Is this personal against Martha? YOU BET IT IS. From my very first interaction with her, she was rude and did not understand that all customers were entitled to what they PAID for......
    .......My problems with her go way back and I will be the first to admit, I am shocked she has held onto her job for so long.
    See, this is what I don't get. This is what I was originally questioning in the first place. Why after the unpleasant experiences that you have had with Disney Event Services would you go and pay $4,000 for an Event Package under her planning? I just don't get it. But then again, it must be my mob mentality

    Did you read the boards where others have complained about Martha? Why did you not respond to their posts???
    Actually I did. None of them provoked a response from me as much as yours did though. I guess it was because the tone and direction of your posts.

    Why is this so personal to you?
    Um. Because you are asking for personal support?

    Do you know Martha?
    Of course not, and from what I have heard about her, I don't desire too either.

    You claim to have read my posts, but yet you gloss over the key statement in all of them. I complain because I want to bring about change.
    I haven't glossed over anything. I questioned the reason that you are complaining in the first place. I think that is a fair question considering you are seeking support from MiceChat users

    Change can be a positive thing. I can tell this is lost on you. I complain about what is wrong because of people like yourself who want to ignore reality.
    Yep, I ignore reality. I am a lost case. Woe is me. Blah blah blah. Oh wait. This sounds familiar

    You state in your post above "When I have a bad experience with an Event, I don't keep trying again. I don't waste my money or my time" I disagree with this, how can they ever learn from mistakes if they are not presented with a chance to fix them?
    That's what I don't understand either. Why and when was it my responsibility or anyone else on MiceChat to make Disneyland Event Services learn from their mistakes? Seems to me that if I don't agree with you, I'm labeled as a lost case and somebody with a mob mentality. Oh well

    I am glad to see someone defend Martha and her actions of late. She seems to be unpopular with a number of people for some reason (I wonder why) and I think those who support her should have their chance to speak their mind.
    Who defended Martha? Did I miss a post somewhere?

    Now that you have made your opinions public, please justify to those who paid their hard earned money that the numerous problems with this event are reasonable? If Martha is in charge, should she not be held responsible for the problems?
    I don't have to justify anything I have said to anyone. I posted my opinion about your posts concerning this event. You can either ignore it, reply or disagree. Your choice

    You also bring up the fact that I am attending the Shag event. What you fail to point out is the fact that I have not said one negative word about this event. Why is that?
    Because my questions were directed towards the complaints, therefore the reason I quoted your complaints. Makes sense, doesn't it

    Your post insinuates that I like to complain for no reason, yet I have no complaints about the Shag event. I feel I am getting what I paid for and as a result, I am happy.
    My post questions your complains, I didn't say that you complain for no reason. I asked for you to clarify your reasons. Once again, you have the option to ignore it, reply or disagree

    Martha Blanding should be happy to know that she has defenders like you. I have no doubt that you have earned enough brownie points with her to score that rare "minnie mouse" pin that you have coveted for so long. You can rest easy tonight knowing that Martha will see your post, appreciate your efforts and help keep your access alive.
    Wow. I didn't know that by questioning your complaints I automatically am labeled as a Martha Blanding defender. This last part of your response is so presumptuous and mean spirited. Yikes! I've never met Martha, heck I don't even know what the woman looks like, nor do I desire too, but sheesh. You sure think you know me. I find it amusing Keep on assuming
    Last edited by AnotherPixie; 06-20-2005 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Bad Quote Brackets

  9. #24

    • Hiding from the Sheeple
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPixie
    I am not attending this event nor any other Disney Event. Been there. Done that. I saw Disney Events for the reality they are. The chance of going to a Disney Event anymore and being 100% satisfied is slim. I don't desire to waste money or time on taking a chance on it.

    ENOUGH SAID.....

  10. #25

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Re: 50th Merchandise Event - The Final Straw

    I think you both type just to hear yourself talk... or is it talk to hear yourself type? Hear your type talking?

    What ever, you are both boring... Please find something interesting to discuss, stop arguing and finally...

    Find a life.

  11. #26

    • Gumball Rally Godfather
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central Cali
    Posts
    4,933

    Let sleeping dogs lie!

    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog78
    I think you both type just to hear yourself talk... or is it talk to hear yourself type? Hear your type talking?

    What ever, you are both boring... Please find something interesting to discuss, stop arguing and finally...

    Find a life.
    It's ALIVE!!

    Now...KILL IT!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037


  12. #27

    • JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: 50th Merchandise Event - The Final Straw

    Itinerary info on this event has been updated at disneygallery.com
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

  13. #28

    • JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: 50th Merchandise Event - The Final Straw

    One more question - anyone know what this "framed walt photo and pin" will look like that is being sold in the event store?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

  14. #29

    • Hiding from the Sheeple
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    591

    Re: 50th Merchandise Event - The Final Straw

    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog78
    I think you both type just to hear yourself talk... or is it talk to hear yourself type? Hear your type talking?

    What ever, you are both boring... Please find something interesting to discuss, stop arguing and finally...

    Find a life.

    It looks as though you jumped in just to "hear" yourself type as well. If we have no life, then I guess we welcome you to the club! Funny how you feel the need to jump into this thread without telling us if you are even attending this event. Are you?
    Last edited by Disneynut; 07-16-2005 at 04:36 PM.

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Codename Emily
    Posts
    413

    Re: 50th Merchandise Event - The Final Straw

    So what happened with this event?

    Come on guys! Post your experiences I had the pleasure of meeting Circarama and his wife (a very nice and charming couple) and they showed me some of the pictures and video they had. It looked like a great time!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody see merchandise from the 50th event in the Park yet?
    By Circarama in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2005, 02:56 PM
  2. 50th Merchandise Event is another "Black Sunday"
    By Disneynut in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 07:33 AM
  3. 50th Merchandise Event Catalog Received
    By Disneynut in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 08:44 PM
  4. 50th Merchandise Event Changed AGAIN!
    By Disneynut in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 10:10 AM
  5. What are the plans for the 50th Merchandise Event
    By Disneynut in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 04:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •