Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Crystal Shop on Main St.

This is something that I wanted to post but neglected for whatever reason.

About a month ago, I went to the Crystal shop on Main Street to buy a gift and they would not accept my AP for my discount! I said "Why not?" They said, "We are not part of Disneyland."

My thought was "If you're not part of Disneyland, then get out." They gave me a Disneyland Resort Receipt - so my guess is YES they are part of Disneyland. They have been for years.

Anyone want to shed some light on this for me?
    Last edited by Disneyland Daddy; 05-04-2007 at 06:01 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Crystal Shop on Main St.

That's blasphemy! I just know not all stores down mainstreet don't accept AP discounts. Gibson Girl doesn't either.

I am interested in what you bought in that store? I love going in there to look but I haven't bought anything yet.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    That's blasphemy! I just know not all stores down mainstreet don't accept AP discounts. Gibson Girl doesn't either.

I am interested in what you bought in that store? I love going in there to look but I haven't bought anything yet.
    Gibson Girl doesn't because it's food - and it has to be over $10 before you get the discount.

I got a small Snow White statue for someone - and it was $17.00. Not a huge deal, but still. I spent over the $10 amount and nowhere have I ever read that Crystal Castle no longer accepts AP discounts. I ought to complain, actually.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    This is something that I wanted to post but neglected for whatever reason.

About a month ago, I went to the Crystal shop on Main Street to buy a gift and they would not accept my AP for my discount! I said "Why not?" They said, "We are not part of Disneyland."

My thought was "If you're not part of Disneyland, then get out." They gave me a Disneyland Resort Receipt - so my guess is YES they are part of Disneyland. They have been for years.

Anyone want to shed some light on this for me?
    There are fewer and fewer shops in Disneyland that are not part of the AP discount. It used to be a lot worse.

It does specifically say "* A single $10 transaction required before tax. Not valid in combination with any other discounts or promotions or on purchases of original and limited-edition artwork or selected collectibles. Excludes the following locations: Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Artist, Portrait Artists in New Orleans, Parasol cart, Heraldry shop, Crystal shops on Main Street and in New Orleans. Subject to change without notice."

Gibson Girl and Burrbank do not give discounts regardless of cost. The $10 applies to merchandise not food. I have still gotten my PAP discounts on food less than $10.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    There are fewer and fewer shops in Disneyland that are not part of the AP discount. It used to be a lot worse.

It dos specifically say "* A single $10 transaction required before tax. Not valid in combination with any other discounts or promotions or on purchases of original and limited-edition artwork or selected collectibles. Excludes the following locations: Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Artist, Portrait Artists in New Orleans, Parasol cart, Heraldry shop, Crystal shops on Main Street and in New Orleans. Subject to change without notice."

Gibson Girl and Burrbank do not give discounts regardless of cost.
    Well, I did not know that I guess. Rarely buy anything there anyway - and the last thing we did buy there was Sleeping Beauty Castle to put on top of our wedding cake - and we got a discount - course that was 2001. Things change in 6 years I guess.

I just thought it was rude that the woman said "We are not a part of Disneyland, yet she stood there in total Main Street dress and gave me a Disneyland Resort Receipt."

Thanks for the info on who does and doesn't accept discounts.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Gibson Girl doesn't because it's food - and it has to be over $10 before you get the discount.

I got a small Snow White statue for someone - and it was $17.00. Not a huge deal, but still. I spent over the $10 amount and nowhere have I ever read that Crystal Castle no longer accepts AP discounts. I ought to complain, actually.
    Carnation Cafe and the Blue Ribbon accept AP discounts and they are food. I just know that Gibson Girl and the Coke place do not accept AP discounts. Well, now I know the Crystal place doesn't also.

Your Snow White statue sounds pretty. And I think AP'ers should complain. I'll send my letter ASAP!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Right on!

• Disgruntled Former CM

Is it possible that the Crystal Shop is one of the last original Concessionaires? Once upon a time, nearly ALL of the shops and restaurants in Disneyland were operated by outside vendors: Pendleton, California Swimwear, Carnation, etc - and a few spots still carry the original name...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    Carnation Cafe and the Blue Ribbon accept AP discounts and they are food. I just know that Gibson Girl and the Coke place do not accept AP discounts. Well, now I know the Crystal place doesn't also.

Your Snow White statue sounds pretty. And I think AP'ers should complain. I'll send my letter ASAP!
    Problem is, Walt allowed certain independent companies to have their shops in Disneyland. These are the ones that don't accept the discount. When they have left and other plush and hat shops replace them, then we get discounts there. So many of these other specialty places have left.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• I love loop jokes.

This whole not accepting discounts thing is getting really annoying. Goofygoof and I went to the Napa Rose expecting to get a discount (we had heard here on MC that they gave a discount if you had an AP) and we were told that they no longer give AP discounts!!
    Why do they have to make is so complicated? If it's IN Disneyland, give me a discount! I understand some of the Downtown Disney establishments not giving discount. But they're really pushing it already.

So many little exceptions to every rule... sheesh!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The fact that there are shops in DL that are not owned by Disney is not a new phenomenon. It dates back to the very beginning of the park. My uncle leased out two food stands from Disneyland and ran them from 1955 to the early 90s. You old timers will probably know which ones by looking at my sn. Fortunately this was during the days when there were no ap's and when they were not popular like they are now, so I am happy that he got out when he did, because he avoided the customer service challenges that today's independent vendors have.

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Yeah this is pretty touchy.

I'm surprised at them coming off as a Disneyland store, CM costume, receipt and then her being rude and straight out saying that. She could have just said "i'm sorry, the AP discount doesn't apply to this story".

Like Frenchy said, at Napa the server was really nice and actually motivating in contacting the appropriate office regarding the discount.

It shouldn't be complicated, plain and simple, discount or no discount. DISCOUNT!

I wonder if DL will start having a "points system" where you'll get more of a discount or a gift card if you spend or swipe your AP a certain amount of times.
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The fact that there are shops in DL that are not owned by Disney is not a new phenomenon. It dates back to the very beginning of the park. My uncle leased out two food stands from Disneyland and ran them from 1955 to the early 90s. You old timers will probably know which ones by looking at my sn. Fortunately this was during the days when there were no ap's and when they were not popular like they are now, so I am happy that he got out when he did, because he avoided the customer service challenges that today's independent vendors have.

Do the employees of those independants get benefits of a Disney employee??
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    Yeah this is pretty touchy.

I'm surprised at them coming off as a Disneyland store, CM costume, receipt and then her being rude and straight out saying that. She could have just said "i'm sorry, the AP discount doesn't apply to this story".

Like Frenchy said, at Napa the server was really nice and actually motivating in contacting the appropriate office regarding the discount.

It shouldn't be complicated, plain and simple, discount or no discount. DISCOUNT!

I wonder if DL will start having a "points system" where you'll get more of a discount or a gift card if you spend or swipe your AP a certain amount of times.
    I boldfaced the things I wanted to comment on. I agree, she could have stated it differently - like 'This discount does not apply to this store." I would have been baffled, but would have taken it easier.

As well, I suggested a POINTS system on here about 8 or 9 months ago - and everyone seemed to like the idea - so who knows.

Great minds thing a like - watch out Goofygoof - you're starting to think like me.

Carry on with the thread - I"m off to chemo!

• It's all nonsense

The shops that don't participate seem to be the more 'specialty' shops.

I don't understand the $10 limit with food. I get that they want you to spend more. But is Disney going to go broke if I save 20 cents on my cup of coffee?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast