Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Leaping Into The Abyss

Who can pay when using AP discount?

Can my group use my AP discount for dinner if my husband or someone else is paying? Can we use it and all pay seperately? Or will I have to be the one to pay the bill to use my discount?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Who can pay when using AP discount?

You will have to be there to show the discount. But your husband can use cash or card to use your discount.

Not sure if they will let you use the same discount for multiple orders.

• It's all nonsense

If you are apart of the party...I don't think they care. If you showed your AP when your friend is buying a tshirt with his credit card, they might have a problem with that as the discount isn't supposed to be transferrable.

Last weekend my Father in-law wanted a hat and he had cash, so he just gave me the cash and I payed like I was buying it.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

might require cash though. i dont think you can swipe your AP and have them all use their credit card.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• The Fantasyland guy

I know that they are required to have the AP holder pay.... but they dont always follow the rules.

every once and a while I get a "im sorry, you have to be the one to pay" response. so I say it's hit or miss.

• See you there!

When we have eaten at table service locations, they usually accepted my AP for the entire table. Even with check splits.

It's been a couple of months, proceedures could have changed.

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Minion

In the past, prior to 2005, we used to be able to show the AP and my mom (non-AP) would pay with her credit card. 2005, they stopped allowing this. The CM who didn't let us, told us to get a Disney Gift Card, using my mom's CC and use it to pay for meals. Since then, when someone comes with us, they pay with cash or a gift card so they can get our discount. They didn't have a problem when we had guests and they paid cash and my son showed his AP. My son was the hit of his grad nite, using his AP to help all his friends buy souvenirs. He had one CM mutter something under his breath, to which my son replied "Thats not a very magical attitude" and the CM glared at him. Otherwise, we've never had a problem with using cash for discounts, or gift cards, but they wouldn't let my ex use his credit card for a discount with our kids PAP (so he went and bought a gift card, it was a $600 purchase so well worth the wait.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• That Guy

It is scary to me, that CMs would get worked up about this. The discount should be extended to members of the party, unless you're trying to pay for your fantasy wedding, or some other crazy party.

It is Uber-nerdy to not let someone use the discount for someone else.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

In Feburary at White Water Snacks they would not allow my SIL to use my AP to get the discount for lunch since she was paying for her family and I was paying for mine, I ended up paying for it all and then she just gave me the cash.

Yet last June same place my sister was able to get the discount when I flashed my card and we did separate checks. Go figure.

• Leaping Into The Abyss

Knowing my family, we'll all be using credit cards. So I think, if it becomes an issue, I'll have them each buy a gift card with their credit card and they can hand me their gift card to pay for their meal with my AP. Yay! Thanks everybody!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Empico View Post
    Knowing my family, we'll all be using credit cards. So I think, if it becomes an issue, I'll have them each buy a gift card with their credit card and they can hand me their gift card to pay for their meal with my AP. Yay! Thanks everybody!
    That is exactly what we do!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

IT also varies by the cashiers. Sometimes they swipe my card, sometimes they dont.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Empico View Post

It seems like a lot of work, for a small discount.

DLR should just sack up and extend the discount to your party. You shouldn't have to run around buying gift cards, when they could easily extend the discount. Also, chances are good that your large group of people is there because YOU, as an AP, have told them how great DLR is, and you guys choose to spend quality time there.

• Circle of Ancients

I would recommend just paying the bill yourself , keeping a copy of the itemized receipt , and then having everyone pay you cash afterward just to keep things simple.

If you're hoping you can use your AP to get the discount , but your hubby can use a credit card to get airline miles or something like that, you can always have him buy a Disney gift card with money on it using his credit card and then keep using the gift card all throughout DL whenever you need to pay for something.

Hope what I just said wasn't confusing.

Ooops, just read your additional post...you're already a step ahead of me....sound like you've got it figured out! : )

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    It seems like a lot of work, for a small discount.
    My ex is willing to pick up the bill for dinner at a sit down restaurant. With the 4 kids and me, that is 6-7 adults. The bill generally comes to around $200. The discount is $30 a meal generally, which is more than the cost of my meal. With the discount, he never balks at paying. Without a discount, I get the "How do you want to split the bill?" So, we will get the gift cards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast