Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Food and Drink prices have gone up at Disneyland

Looks like they decided to raise prices across the board this week.

Popcorn went up 50 cents to $3.50 for a small container, the Popcorn buckets also went up 50 cents to $5.50

Alcoholic drinks also went up around a $1 a drink. A domestic beer is now $5.75 plus tax, which works to $6.20. Also the Lost Bar and the Cove Bar have recieved upgraded cocktails and new drink syrups.

Will check out other prices tomorrow, but based on what I have been told, it is pretty much everything at the park that has been increased.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Food and Drink prices have gone up at Disneyland

I hadn't noticed really. As an AP, I always feel like I'm lucky to get in for free, so spending the extra cash on food never even crosses my mind. I guess it's a trade off.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Looks like they decided to raise prices across the board this week.

Popcorn went up 50 cents to $3.50 for a small container, the Popcorn buckets also went up 50 cents to $5.50

Alcoholic drinks also went up around a $1 a drink. A domestic beer is now $5.75 plus tax, which works to $6.20. Also the Lost Bar and the Cove Bar have recieved upgraded cocktails and new drink syrups.

Will check out other prices tomorrow, but based on what I have been told, it is pretty much everything at the park that has been increased.
    Must be due to that refreshment embargo that's the country's been subject to.

Next we'll only be able to get refreshments on alternate days ....

well, either that or they didn't have enough money for the executive bonus's this year.

well, they can raise their prices if they want. all it will mean for us is that they will get less of our money, not more. we will just eat off property even more than usual..

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Also the Lost Bar and the Cove Bar have recieved upgraded cocktails and new drink syrups.
    It's about time the Cove got that new menu. We heard about it months ago and have been waiting.
    Mike

• Senior Minion

Soon we will be able to use our AP discount on a drink alone ...

I haven't been to DCA in forever. Beers are only $5.75 over there??? Seriously??? That sounds like a real steal when it comes to beer prices for places like this. Stadiums and concerts and Six Flags charges up to 8 bucks for a beer at times.

I'm honestly surprised that Disney Theme Park beer prices are that reasonable. And that's the Gordon Biersch stuff? Or is this for a Budweiser?

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    well, they can raise their prices if they want. all it will mean for us is that they will get less of our money, not more. we will just eat off property even more than usual..
    And who says AP's don't spend lost of money in the parks?!

• Shubisha

Not a steal when you can get beer for 1,2, or 3 bucks at many bars heh.

The fact that popcorn and soda is going up in price is most disappointing. I mean come on. Popcorn isn't getting any more expensive to make than it's been for the last thousand years. A 20oz soda is still $1 at many soda machines, $1.25 in some.

• Starwisher

I don't drink, but the popcorn prices are about the same as what you pay at the theater.

Still, I don't like the trend. To universally raise everything at the same time? Sure it probably is cost-effective for them since they don't have to replace the signage more than once, but it would be like a convenience store raising the price of all the stuff they carry because the price of gas went up.

I'm willing to pay more for popcorn or whatever if there's an economic reason, but this sounds like gouging to me. It's not like their food prices were lagging behind everyone else's.

On the other hand, if they use the money to hire more/quality CMs, then more power to them. That's something I'm willing to pay for.
    Don't make me come in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    And who says AP's don't spend lost of money in the parks?!
    we used to eat all our meals at the park! but they just keep driving us away.... I know one day the cost of going to DL will be beyond our pricepoint; sad but true...

I'm with Westsider. I just came back from a four day trip and maybe it's living in the second most expensive food city in the country (SF), but I was struck at how cheap everything was. I ate decent meals for under nine dollars all over the place - especially the quickserve places in downtown disney. Had several rounds of drinks at Uva, the cocktail prices were on par with SF, the drinks were strong...

Park prices were reasonable. The MonteCristo at the Bayou is on the high end for a sandwich, but clearly that's because of the other pricepoints on the menu - which aren't really high - 20-29 including soup/salad.

If you took Disney park prices and compared them to historical outside park fast-casual prices (not a totally fair comparison, but not bad) I bet they've never been closer in the last twenty years. I would guess there is less than a 30% premium right now.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by MotherPenguin View Post
    On the other hand, if they use the money to hire more/quality CMs, then more power to them. That's something I'm willing to pay for.
    Disney raising prices to actually raise the CM payscale?

Bah! I wouldn't hold my breath.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by genenpet View Post
    If you took Disney park prices and compared them to historical outside park fast-casual prices (not a totally fair comparison, but not bad) I bet they've never been closer in the last twenty years. I would guess there is less than a 30% premium right now.
    I agree with you, while you agree with Westsider.

Disneyland prices for food and beverages are very reasonable. And then when you compare those prices to what lesser entertainment venues are charging for their crummy food in dramtically less pleasant surroundings, Disneyland prices look like the bargain of the decade.

Are people just not going to other theme parks and entertainment venues??? Do people have no point of reference other than Disneyland for public entertainment venues and the prices they charge for food and drinks when they complain about Disneyland???

I paid 10 bucks for a horrible plate of reheated Panda Express food at Six Flags Magic Mountain recently. The restaurant was dirty, dingy and decrepit. The patio was dirty and sticky and gross; and not the kind of dirt that appears after a couple hours of busy use. This patio had clearly not been hosed down in weeks, the planters were full of trash and rotting food, the tables and chairs were sticky from days of spilled drinks and grimy customers, and the whole experience took on the air of eating in a third world country. And they were charging 10 bucks for a two-item combo plate of microwaved Panda Express food! The hostess serving it up barely grunted during the cash transaction, and no employee ever looked at you in the eye. Quite frankly, most of the Six Flags employees all over the park look like they are on some sort of prison work-release program, but the Six Flags employees in the food stands were the worst when it came to customer service or the ability to communicate with fellow humans.

The best part about my Panda Express lunch at Magic Mountain however was the theme. They have built a Panda Express restaurant in the middle of their old "Baja Ridge" section of the park. The Panda Express building looks about 25 years old, and at some point during the Reagan Administration it was built on a modest budget to resemble a Mexican adobe structure. A few broken speakers hanging from walls were playing scratchy Mariachi music. And they were serving CHINESE FOOD! We laughed hysterically at how pathetic it all was.

And then you go to Disneyland and eat at Taste Pilots or French Market or Pizza Port, and it's like the Ritz Carlton compared to these other places. And it's cheaper. And cleaner. And friendlier. And better designed. And better maintained. And safer. And did I mention cheaper already?

And yet people complain about Disneyland. I'm just blown away by that.
    Last edited by TP2000; 05-05-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post

The best part about my Panda Express lunch at Magic Mountain however was the theme. They have built a Panda Express restaurant in the middle of their old "Baja Ridge" section of the park. ....A few broken speakers hanging from walls were playing scratchy Mariachi music. And they were serving CHINESE FOOD! We laughed hysterically at how pathetic it all was.
    It was themed to Mexicali to represent the melding of Mexican and Chinese cultures found in the famous bordertown. It was so subtle you missed it!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast