Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Oprah Show taped at Disneyland Saturday 5/5!

SURPRISE! There was a 10:00 AM taping this morning for The Oprah Show in front of the Castle at Disneyland.

Oprah was there on a stage in front of the Castle in a jazzy orange and red suit taping an upcoming edition of her show. The show will feature a woman who volunteers for adopted babies and the families that love them. (Or something about adopted kids. I'm not exactly sure as I was too busy trying to get Guests to jump out of the way of the big black Lincoln driving up Main Street USA at 10:05 AM.)

Then the black Lincoln pulled up through the crowd of screaming Oprah fans in the Hub and out jumps John Stamos who had kidnapped this lady as a surprise to bring her to Disneyland to meet Oprah. Oprah then brought out dozens of the people this lady has helped through her volunteer work, and Oprah had set all of those people up with a trip to Disneyland. Mickey and baloons and music and giant screen TV's and screaming housewives and the usual Oprah Show frenzy soon followed.

It was minor pandemonium on Main Street and in the Hub for a few hours, with Oprah holding court, TV cameras on cranes everywhere, and Lincoln Town Cars driving up and down Main Street USA on a busy Saturday morning. (And PragmaticIdealist worries about the thematic inconsistency of having an American Flag with 50 stars flying on Main Street USA! They certainly didn't have big flashy Lincoln sedans in 1905.)

You'll be able to catch it all on TV on an upcoming Oprah Show. Check your local listings.

Remember the last time Oprah came to Disneyland with all of those kids, and the mess that caused? This time they kept it all secret to avoid the huge crowds and logistical hurdles. And according to the producers from Oprah's Harpo Productions, the Oprah group really wanted to go back to Disneyland as their recent experiences at Disney World have reportedly been less than enjoyable. Disneyland, and the Disneylanders that operate it, have a better rep for pulling off these events than the folks in Florida. Or so goes the juicy gossip from the Harpo Productions guys at the catering truck Backstage.
    Last edited by Westsider; 05-05-2007 at 11:02 AM.

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Oprah Show taped at Disneyland Saturday 5/5!

I remember when she came to DL last year and everybody wanted a piece of her

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    SURPRISE! There was a 10:00 AM taping this morning for The Oprah Show in front of the Castle at Disneyland.

Remember the last time Oprah came to Disneyland with all of those kids, and the mess that caused? This time they kept it all secret to avoid the huge crowds and logistical hurdles. And according to the producers from Oprah's Harpo Productions, the Oprah group really wanted to go back to Disneyland as their recent experiences at Disney World have reportedly been less than enjoyable. Disneyland, and the Disneylanders that operate it, have a better rep for pulling off these events than the folks in Florida. Or so goes the juicy gossip from the Harpo Productions guys at the catering truck Backstage.
    What mess did they the Oprah team cause the last time they came to Disneyland? Was it a crowded mess or an actual trashy mess?

And what happened to her at WDW that made her suddenly love Disneyland more... it seems you may be exaggerating Oprah's experience with WDW, are you?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    And what happened to her at WDW that made her suddenly love Disneyland more... it seems you may be exaggerating Oprah's experience with WDW, are you?
    I'm just reporting what was said at the catering truck by the guys from Harpo Productions. They didn't have nice things to say about WDW or the organization out there, and they were very happy that they were able to do this event at Disneyland instead of WDW.

Just reporting what the buzz is from Harpo, so don't kill the messenger.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I will admit I watch Oprah all the time- oh wait... maybe she's doing a Walt Disney World and Disneyland show all in one. That makes sense since I will ADMIT that I watch her show and have yet to see her do anything in WDW in quite awhile.

It makes sense that she just did something in Walt Disney World, possibly had a not so nice time- her team at least- I'm sure Oprah was treated like a princess at WDW, and she's now coming to Disneyland to film another segment. Ohhh... the Year of a Million Dreams campaign has claimed another... Oprah!
    Micoofy Duck

• Banned User

I don't thinkshe has been down here since she brought her entire audience here a few years ago. the problem with not announcing something like that is people who come to go to the parks for the day and are stuck dealing with oprah crowd. If they are going to do something like that I wish they would do what ellen did at universal and tape just outside the park. at least at WDW there is space for her to do something and not inconvinient too many people.

• "714"

cool! Any pictures???

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Oprah brought her entire audience for filming to WDW in '96, I believe. It was during the Mickey Mania parade. She was such a wonderful person, at least to me and everyone in my department she worked with. I was next to her the entire length of the parade and it was a blast!

Forget about Oprah, I want to see pictures of John Stamos!

• Fight On for ol' SC!

It was very low key, not even CM's were informed about who/what was filming. My friends had no idea it was Oprah and I just thoght they were filming a segment for her show without her really being there.

• Minion

Oh god, is no place sacred.? Can't we have Oprah-free zones designated ?

Maybe get a whole state set aside where she isn't allowed to haul her entourage and make a spectacle ...

• All you need is LOVE

Photos where the photos

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

OK...so is she taller in person? TV captures her in so many different lights...I've always wondered what she looks like up close.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Oprah Show taped at Disneyland Saturday 5/5!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Oh god, is no place sacred.? Can't we have Oprah-free zones designated ?

Maybe get a whole state set aside where she isn't allowed to haul her entourage and make a spectacle ...
    I think there's plenty of room in Disneyland for you and our Queen Oprah to co-exist inside the park.
    Micoofy Duck

• Banned User

Thanks for the warning. In the future continue to post all Oprah warnings here. They are really helpful for knowing when to avoid the park with phony Oprah and her entourage.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    I saw video of her bending her fat butt over in front of the train station to talk to some kids she was bringing to Disneyland. I would have yelled, "HEY KIDS! The only reason she's taking you to Disneyland is so she can parade you around on TV and show the world what a great person she is! If the cameras weren't here, neither would you!"

Eh she might give kids a trip to Disneyland without having to film it, but yeah, Oprah gives me the creeps.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast