Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: The "Voice of Disneyland" has died

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Some refer to it as "The Voice of God" if you prefer.
    You're joking, right?
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Wait. Something is not right here. Jack Wagner was always known as the "Voice of Disneyland". His voice is still heard to this day on many attractions as Disneyland promised to keep his voice in top shape by taking his recorded announcements and making digital copies. He can still be heard today at the Train Station and Matterhorn to name just 2. To be honest I never heard of this other guy, and TP2000 is right. If he moved here in 1967 Walt Disney could not have named him "The Voice of Disneyland". Walt did pass on in 1966, and smart alek remarks aside, could not have named him anything. What announcement in the Park did he do? I know Darkbeer did not make those statements, they were quoted from another source, and that source has made a big mistake in the dates and the information. As far as I know, Jack Wagner has been the only one named as the official "Voice of Disneyland".
    That's what I was thinking....

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Goofy

thats sad, rip.

• 88 mph

Wait? Who is this? And what Spiel or voice-acting has he done?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    As far as I know, Jack Wagner has been the only one named as the official "Voice of Disneyland".
    While you definitely can hear some original Jack Wagner in the Parks, many of the more recent recordings are actually of Jack's son, Mike. Like his father, Mike is also a professional voiceover artist, and he sounds an awful lot like his dad. While Mike is not currently a full-time Disney CM, he is still called on from time to time to do voiceovers for Disney. Once you get used to the nuances of both of their voices, you can usually tell which one is Jack and which one is Mike. (I find that Jack's voice is a bit warmer and mellower while Mike's voice is brighter.) Another giveaway is if the particular narration is referencing something that opened after Jack died in 1995!

Since Jack did pass in 1995, Disney has been using various people for their Park Announcements. However, the combination of Jack and Mike Wagner will always have the strongest association as the "voice" of Disneyland, IMHO.

You can find more information about Jack and Mike Wagner here.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• It's all about Theme!

So Sad!

Is he the current announcer?
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Vehicle rotating backward

"Use this exit for Disney's Ambassador Hotel and JR Maihama Station."

Yeah, I recognize Mike Wagner from his Monorail spiels. While he isn't bad, his enthusiasm seems very manufactured. I've never gotten the two confused and never knew the relation, but he should try and capture the serious tone used before instead of sounding like he's on the happy gas. Although that may be simply how Disney wants him to sound, but it doesn't sound genuine. If Disneyland was a fairy tale being read aloud, Jack Wagner was your father narrating it and occasionally stopping the story to tell you to turn off your cameras and stop hitting your sister.

As for the gentleman who has died, I'm afraid I don't recognize him. And neither does MiceChat, which makes me wonder what it is he really did. Isn't it our duty to track trivial details like this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12