Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Waters

Re: Fantasy Waters

I saw this once in 2003 and that was enough. It wasn't very exciting. Maybe if they update it ...

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    I saw this once in 2003 and that was enough. It wasn't very exciting. Maybe if they update it ...
    The last time that show was updated was in 1991 when they replaced the whole show and gave it the name Fantasy Waters, it origionally opened in 1979 called Dancing Waters, and they just played modern music instead of Disney music. Doubts it will return as they turned the fountain stage area into a planter.

• Really!?

i just don't see why they had to close it....
    they aren't gonna use the space... i doubt it was much of a hassle to run every night
    and people will always stop to watch it

these are times when i wish i was in charge
    This chamber has no windows and no doors!!!! ....better take the stairs.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KonLuvsDL View Post
    i just don't see why they had to close it....
    they aren't gonna use the space... i doubt it was much of a hassle to run every night
    and people will always stop to watch it

these are times when i wish i was in charge
    Yes but Disney never took care of the show and half the nozzles were clogged and several of the gear motors thta make the jets sway back and forth were all jamed up. Lights started shorting out and electrical problems occured with the submersible lighting over time. Perhaps if Disney took care of the show and updated it on a regular basis, it still might be there.

Dancing Waters were 'performed' by local off-duty disc jockeys (from then 94.3 FM KORJ) and made the water and lights dance to the beat of the music. Some songs I remember, 'Applause!', and 'I Could Have Danced All Night'. Then, with whatever program you were watching, it always ended the same way: "No matter what your faith, nor where you worship, sacred music has a place in all of our lives. The hundred-fold voices of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings the powerful and stirring, Battle Hymn Of The Republic." The first time I saw that, I was quite impressed, because
    I thought they were going to build the Lincoln Memorial in water!
    Then Disney got ahold of the hotel, Jack Wagner got involved with the show, and it hasn't been the same since.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Bear View Post
    Dancing Waters were 'performed' by local off-duty disc jockeys (from then 94.3 FM KORJ) and made the water and lights dance to the beat of the music. Some songs I remember, 'Applause!', and 'I Could Have Danced All Night'. Then, with whatever program you were watching, it always ended the same way: "No matter what your faith, nor where you worship, sacred music has a place in all of our lives. The hundred-fold voices of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings the powerful and stirring, Battle Hymn Of The Republic." The first time I saw that, I was quite impressed, because
    I thought they were going to build the Lincoln Memorial in water!
    Then Disney got ahold of the hotel, Jack Wagner got involved with the show, and it hasn't been the same since.
    Well I take it when they revamped the show in 1991 is when Disney got a hold of the hotel, they used Jack Wagner's voice for the narrations of the show through the years, but towards the later years when I went sometimes I was the only one there, and the show had no filtartion system so I assume it was a hassle to clean with all the pipes, pumps, lights, and nozzles in the way. Therefore that caused clogs in the nozzles and pumps of the show. So, I had assumed the show's end was near or a major update was heading its way, and I was correct... I got to see 4 trees the next time I went there!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Well, when I was very young our family had little money. Fantasy Waters was free. This was a huge treat for our family along with the water falls.

It's easy to say it's nothing special, but back in the day this was high tech. I'd compare it to kids today saying the Main Street electrical parade doesn't seem like a big deal. It may be behind the times with Ipods and the computer age. But many of us "old folks" hold it very dear to our hearts.

Chad

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Omg I want the soundtrack too!!!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

The soundtrack I have is a live recording, I do however have all the songs that were played in the show, the actual recordings... I could edit them and mix them togethor to be just like the origional show without the narrations though. Do you want me to try to mix the origional versions or do you want the live recording from the show? (which has background noise)

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

um both would be nice. but i dont want to rush you. take your time.
    :0)
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    um both would be nice. but i dont want to rush you. take your time.
    :0)
    Thanks, I will have it done by the end of the week. I have many tests this week during school, or else I would have it done sooner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12