Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• With my wife....

I think DCA should be renamed "AP Land". The only people who go there are those who don't have to pay $53 every time they enter the park. And rightfully so. I probably wouldn't find myself there if I didn't have a pass! Personally, I do enjoy it there... it's a nice change of pace from old-school Disneyland, but I frequent the original far more often than DCA.

Consequently, does anyone know if there are any plans to expand into the rest of the parking lot? Besides the Monster's Inc overlay, are they going to build any other new attractions anytime soon? ToT was a great start, but the park is still in desperate need of a mondo E-ticket attraction to make it worth the price of admission.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• That's Hawt

I definitely think DCA has a positive future. Didn't people think that MGM studios stink just as bad as many think that DCA does? If so, I think that there is still hope for this haphazard park.

• e komo mai

DCA is:

Disney's
    Universal
    Mountain
    Berry

(It's not something I made up, rumor has it that Ward Kimball said it to someone on opening day...)

• I like Cheese...

Actually, I don't think the park is really that bad, unless you compare it directly against DL, which I'll admit, is hard not to do. My complaint is that it is not worth the same ticket price as DL, but as an AP, that doesn't really bother me. Frankly, I view DCA as the new land at DL.

Im hopefull that over time CM Matt will find a way to enhance the park, but no matter what he does, it will never be as good as DL, but then again, no other park is (my humble opinion ).

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    I think DCA should be renamed "AP Land". The only people who go there are those who don't have to pay $53 every time they enter the park. And rightfully so.
    I refer to it as the "AP Lounge."
    Certainly, though, the parkhopper purchasers spend a half-day out of three or more total days there.

Difference between DCA and a nascent MGM is that there was room to grow at MGM. The families of the original farmers still own some chunks, according to Jim Hill, and lease the land to Disney.

my only comment on MGM is that they did the base construciton better

at opening they made it a really great place for familys having lots of attractions and shows that are hard to market (honestly I can't see darkrides and shows being marketed as a "wow I must go THERE" type deal)

it was lacking in thrills but it had rides or mostly shows I guess that had a bit of substance so they were able to build off of the skeletlon frame of the park and simply add thrills and marketable rides in later

DCA is lacking a bit of substanence, it's skeleton isn't complete and then they try to throw more thrill/marketable rides ontop of it but it doesn't work because muscles need bones to work with

I'll have a huge post on fixing DCA once I finish editing my resort expansion type deal (yeah I'm being lazy sue me :P)

• Rock Star Minion

Found it here -- the last story on the page.
    If you know of anything updated from this, do reveal.

Oh, the lawsuit is in the mail!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    I think he was being sarcastic...at least i hope he was.
    Of course I was. I am so happy that I didn't have to wait to go on the ride. The first time I went to DCA there was NO line AT ALL for the Superstar Limo. (look it is super star Woopi Goldberg, with Tim Allen and Drew Carey). I am however excited about the Monsters Inc ride. Althought I don't see how it works with the Backlot theme.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• the subs were cool maan

DCA was supposed to be
    D isey's
    C ash
    A quisition

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123