Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Hey it's that guy I am.

The $65,000 dollar question.

So my girlfriend and I have been talking about marriage a lot lately. Ever since I took her to Disneyland for the first time in a couple of decades she wants to get married there. Sweet! So we sent away for the prices and what not. She wanted to get married in front of the castle. IT COSTS $65,000 to get married just in front of the castle and includes nothing else as near as I can figure.

I wasn't really that surprised when I first heard the price. But then I started to think about it and then was wondering, "What does that 65,000 dollars go to?" It seems a little high for the park being closed. I wonder if any rides are open at that time, probably not.

So I ask you, Micechat friends, family, and neighbors. What in the world could 65,000 dollars be needed for to have a ceremony in front of the castle when the whole park is closed?

• Defying gravity

Re: The $65,000 dollar question.

Yeah, that is a little pricey. Pardon my cynicism, but I think that weddings are one of the biggest wastes of money. Spend the money on the honeymoon. Or, better yet, buy a car, put a downpayment on a house, etc. Why go into debt for one day of your life?!
    Last edited by VeganPrincess; 05-07-2007 at 06:03 PM.

• It's all nonsense

When there are only a few places in the world that have the ambiance of a Disney castle, it's probably felt that they can charge a bunch for such a unique experience.

• That Guy

IMHO, you would have to be high or independently wealthy to get married there. Personally, I would rather have a simple wedding, or better yet, elope, and have an amazing honeymoon. I think it's really a shame when new couples go into huge debt for a wedding that wasn't really worth it.

• That Guy

Also, you're paying for bragging rights. There are thousands of more beautiful venues and backdrops for a wedding, that do not cost 65K

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Way over priced.
    Have a smaller wedding- spend the rest on a great 2 week honeymoon of your dreams. you will never regret that. You will regret blowing 65K to get married in DL.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Hiding in the shadows

Yep, unfortunately you are paying for the spot, not much else. Maybe opt for a small wedding and then you can save up and spend more on your honeymoon!!!

A little piece of heaven

• It's all nonsense

How much does it cost to get married in that Disney knockoff park in China? lol.

• Blind to His Own Faults

Maybe DCA is half-price? 2 for 1?

• Disneyland Freak

Supply and demand. That's why it's so high. Well not really but basically they price it just high enough to price out a good portion of the population that actually wants to be married there. The demand is high but they purposely keep the supply limited by pricing it so high.

While they surely would make a lot of money by making it cheaper... the point is (I imagine) that they don't want to have to be closing the park's iconic center piece down several times a day every single weekend (and sometimes during the week) just for weddings.

I have no idea but I have a hunch that it's cheaper to marry in front of the castle during the off-season.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Comin' at ya!

Get a disneyland castle backdrop, i bet it's cheaper
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    IMHO, you would have to be high or independently wealthy to get married there. Personally, I would rather have a simple wedding, or better yet, elope, and have an amazing honeymoon. I think it's really a shame when new couples go into huge debt for a wedding that wasn't really worth it.
    Yep, you nailed it. We did a moderate wedding and then spent 10 days at WDW for our honeymoon at the Grand Floridian. Definately a great honeymoon and that was the best part. What floors me is going into super dept for a wedding to only hear of it ending in divorce a couple of years later.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Wow, I had no idea how much weddings inside DL were. While it's probably every little princess' dream to be married infront of Sleeping Beauty castle, I'd have to agree that that's just way too much money. If you want it to be at Disneyland, you could always have the ceremony in the gardens at the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian, and then ride in style on the monorail and spend a few hours with your wedding party running around taking pictures on the rides and stuff. Get a picture of you guys in your wedding attire infront of the castle. And then later meet up with your guests.

I don't know how much this idea, either, but I know there was one gal who had her reception in the Animation building in DCA. I can't think of a more beautiful place for a wedding reception, but I also don't know the price tag that comes along with it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    How much does it cost to get married in that Disney knockoff park in China? lol.
    Probably not too much, but your best man is a cat with big ears.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

man that is a alot of cash

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast