Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

Leashes and the Kid

ok..so we all see them..some of you don't and some of you do
    you are the parents who put your kids on leashes..anyone who visits the resort sees this daily..but today I saw the all time worse version..I mean my jaw dropped as well as a few other CM's

Two little ones walking with Mom and Dad on actual dog leashes!!!! albeit the dog collars were wrapped around their little wrists..but then they had leashes running up to MOm and Dad's hand..I mean wow
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• .8 miles from the park

Quote Originally Posted by Old_School_Goofy
    ok..so we all see them..some of you don't and some of you do
    you are the parents who put your kids on leashes..anyone who visits the resort sees this daily..but today I saw the all time worse version..I mean my jaw dropped as well as a few other CM's

Two little ones walking with Mom and Dad on actual dog leashes!!!! albeit the dog collars were wrapped around their little wrists..but then they had leashes running up to MOm and Dad's hand..I mean wow
    :sigh: yea this is a pet peeve of mine...i don't like kids on leashes...but parents do what you must...what irks me really tho though are the parents that think that just because their kid is on a leash that they don't have to watch them...

I remember instances...as a former cast memeber of fantasyland attractions. I was constantly station stopping the attraction because kids with/without leashes would jump in front of the vehicles while the vehicle was still in motion. Though this was more common with leashed kids cuz their parent would not keep an eye on them.

• Merry 2014!

i remember my mom saying she wished she had thought of it. lol

but the symbology really is demeaning.

a number of years ago i did see a child with a real dog collar around her waist, attatched to a leash.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    i remember my mom saying she wished she had thought of it. lol

but the symbology really is demeaning.

a number of years ago i did see a child with a real dog collar around her waist, attatched to a leash.
    I just don't agree with it..if you kid wanders get control...our parents managed to...course the people with dog leashes probaly let their dogs run loose..

• Merry 2014!

i don't agree with it either. there were 5 kids i my family, ok 6 counting my dad, with my mom always swiveling her neck to make sure everyone was close by. we were obedient kids though. even my brother who defined hyperactive, stayed where we were told to stay.

maybe it is sloppy parenting, maybe too controlling , or paranoid, etc. but there has to be another way of keeping your children close to you. like holding hands and not walking too much faster than your child can go? i hate to see parents drag their kids across the park. it is like who is the visit for: the parent or the kid? sometimes it just doesn't seem to be about the family taking time to be together.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

I agree..my mom and dad had 8 kids..and they managed not to lose any of us (a few I wish they had) I hate watching when the kids come out and they are crying because they are tired and the parents are just screaming at them...drives me nuts because the parents sometimes act as if they need the leash

• Merry 2014!

i cringe anytime i see kids at disneyland too long after fireworks. i can't say i blame the parents for wanting their kids to see the fireworks--that is one of my fondest memories as a 4year old and up.
    but they seem to put their needs above the needs of the kids. like when the kids clearly need a break during the day and the parents are too focused on getting every ride in. our family ritual was to take a midday break and go back after a swim and nap. it worked out very well.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Pathetically Obsessed

I can't agree with parents who use the kid harness at all. If the little ones are too 'independent' to ride in a stroller or up on Dad's shoulders, take them up to ToonTown park or on Donald's boat and let them get their wiggles out there. Otherwise, maybe it just isn't the right time to take the kids to the park. I took mine from 4 months old on and never had to use the harness. Engaging the kids in conversation (oh, look who's over at the the big clam shell!) or with a toy to keep them occupied or otherwise attached seemed to work. I would generally hold them in my arms while we looked at Dumbo and talked about the ride. But I was never tempted to use a harness to keep them from wandering off.

• Pathetically Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    i cringe anytime i see kids at disneyland too long after fireworks. i can't say i blame the parents for wanting their kids to see the fireworks--that is one of my fondest memories as a 4year old and up.
    but they seem to put their needs above the needs of the kids. like when the kids clearly need a break during the day and the parents are too focused on getting every ride in. our family ritual was to take a midday break and go back after a swim and nap. it worked out very well.
    Yep. I've seen this exact same thing. It's just a question of keeping a close reading of the kids' overstimulated/tired factor. If you can stay for the fireworks, please let the kids sleep in the next day!

Fantasmico - your family's plan is a good one - good for kids, parents, and crowds in the park.

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    I see that as so deeming to the child. Child may not know it now, but later when he/she is sitting in therapy because low self esteem problems- no one should wonder why. Need to watch your kids.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Circle of Ancients

We tried the wrist version once ... hated it. It was so demeaning, to us and our child. What I hate are the full harness ones that are like a 5 point harness. WTF is that?

And I do agree with the poster who said it just allows the parent to practice bad parenting. These parents just feel that since they are on a leash, the don't need to pay attention to them.

Honestly, this past weekend at the resort we saw some of the worst parenting at a park we have ever seen.

Why do people take their kids to the parks and not pay attention to them?

• Best Buds

Our experience is very similar to Sir Clinksalot's. We gave the wrist version a try one time, but really hated it (more than our son, if that was possible).

As a parent you always struggle with keeping track of your child, but, except for that one lapse in judgement, we've always managed to do it the old fashioned way -- by simply watching our kid and making sure they know the rules ("If you can't see us, we can't see you", etc.)
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• e komo mai

This is one of those Pandora's box type subjects (like strollers, breast feeding and gay goth days at the park) so good luck, y'all!

In a politician's preaching voice:
    I think we need more leashes. Leashes on kids, kids' leashes on adults, leashes from the kids to the strollers, leashes from infants to lactivist breastfeeding moms, leashes on Cast Members to their leads, leashes from boat to boat on POTC so there isn't so much space between boats, leashes from log to log on Splash Mountain... imagine how fast the ride would go then... one log down the huge drop and all the logs zip through the attraction...

• Minion

I really think that a lot parents use leashes on their children so they don't have to put as much effort into watching them. It is really laziness,and selfishness. "Let's put Jr. on a leash so that WE can enjoy the parks."

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Is this the next step then...?
    Kennels
    Indoor Kennel facilities for the Disneyland® Resort are located to the right of the Main Entrance of Disneyland® park. The Kennel is available for a charge of $15.00. Sorry, there are no facilities for overnight accommodations.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast