Napa Rose vs. Steakhouse 55

Im going to be going with my girlfriend soon and am trying to decide on a good place to eat for our anniversary. I tried to look at the menus for both but they were outdated. She is kind of a picky eater so wanted to make sure it was good. Any suggestions or yet if anyone knows where i can get an updated menu.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Napa Rose vs. Steakhouse 55

Quote Originally Posted by iham153 View Post
    Im going to be going with my girlfriend soon and am trying to decide on a good place to eat for our anniversary. I tried to look at the menus for both but they were outdated. She is kind of a picky eater so wanted to make sure it was good. Any suggestions or yet if anyone knows where i can get an updated menu.

Well you can take a look at my recent review of Napa Rose. Within, there's also a link to my trip to Steakhouse 55 which I actually liked a whole lot better. Mousercise, who went with me both times also agreed.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63577

I wasn't able to get a shot of the menu but I'm sure someone can take a quick picture outside of the restaurant. My link above shows 2 of the entrees they're currently serving as well as the full dessert menu. Hope that helps.

Whichever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time. If you have an Annual Pass, discounts apply at Steakhouse 55 but not at Napa Rose. If that helps in your decision making at all.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shubisha

GrudgeMatch 2007! Napa vs Steakhouse... who will make the cut.. dun dun dun....

• Beer is good beer.

I've dined at both and I'd choose Steakhouse 55 over Napa Rose too. We just dined there on Saturday night and our service (waiter was Nick) was excellent and the food was delicious.

The menu included a few different cuts of steaks, seafood (I know there was a halibut dish on there), free range chicken, a pork chop and a couple of other items. I had the filet and shrimp brochette and it was very good. They also offer a few choices for sides such as asparagus, mashed potatoes, baked potato, and on Saturday night they offered this special cheesy potato stack thing that was delicious (I think that was in Coheteboy's review).

FYI, one of the Cast Member's there informed us that Mondays thru Wednesdays Steakhouse is offering AP holders 30% off instead of 15% off. (Discount does not include alcohol).

Steakhouse has a nice atmosphere for your special occasion - have fun!
    M A S E C A !

• Shubisha

Any Monday-Wednesday? wow

I was wondering if any one has a chance if they could take a quick pic of the menus of both Napa rose and Steakhouse 55 if that is not a problem.

Thks

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iham153 View Post
    I was wondering if any one has a chance if they could take a quick pic of the menus of both Napa rose and Steakhouse 55 if that is not a problem.

Thks
    Try Judi's site - http://www.dlresortinfo.com/index.html
    She has what's on the menus at all the the DL/DCA/DTD/Hotel restaurants. It's not pics but it's still the same info
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

I have not been to Steakhouse 55 since the name change, but i don't think the menu has changed too much. For the price though I'd rather go to Ruths Chris if I were having steak.

Napa Rose has a menu that changes with the season. It's always a nice variety (I'm pretty picky and they always have something I like). You can also valet park for free at the Grand Californian if you are eating at Napa .. which is always an elegant touch. And make sure you tell them it's your anniversary!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• Minion

If she is a picky eater I would suggest the Steakhouse. (trust me on this one)

Whatever you choose have a good time

Bump

Napa Rose is awesome.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    If she is a picky eater I would suggest the Steakhouse. (trust me on this one)

I would second this. The food at Napa Rose, while amazing, is not normal in the sense that it will be something she is likely aquainted with.

I have not been to Steakhouse 55 since before it changed its name, but unless it has had a major overhaul (food, menu, etc) I would HIGHLY recommend Napa Rose over it.

Also, do not forget the Vineyard Room in DCA. It is located about the Wine Country Tratoria and is very good as well.

Been to both and which ever one you choose you'll like your choice! Actually I really enjoyed Hooks Pointe's atmosphere and food! The service was awesome as you will find at any Disney restaurant. A little bias on Hooks Pointe because my good buddy is the acting manager there and comps our dinner everytime. Very yummy.....