Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Really!?

Re: DCA needs a mountain

ToT serves as a "mountain" for DCA.... but since it's a copy of a pre-existing ride....i guess that doesn't count
    This chamber has no windows and no doors!!!! ....better take the stairs.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Dont forget Tower Mountain and Scream Mountain!
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Really!?

this is kind of off topic but

The reason i defend DCA is because i see it as DL's little brother

DL being the older brother, the star athlete that everyone loves... and DCA being the younger, uncoordinated, nerdy little brother who shares some of his older brothers features...but unfortunately his mom lived under power lines when she was pregnant with him......

You gotta love the little guy .... it's not his fault
    but he IS family!
    blame his parents for the bad choices they made when he was in the "development stages"
    but dont take it out on him.... at least try to make the kid feel somewhat special
    Last edited by KonLuvsDL; 05-09-2007 at 08:47 AM.

• Knight that says Nee!!

So an icon of a GRIZZLEY BEAR doesn't associate to GRIZZLEY Rapids to you? OK. IMO Grizzley Peak is a pretty iconic point for DCA. You can certainly disagree and true since it is not even a decade old it does not have the feeling or status that rides like SM, SplM, and the Matterhorn have, but for DCA I think it is a proper mountain and works well as a themed ride.

People do stand on the bridges and watch the vehicles go by and go down the drops. Even with out AAs I'd consider it a E ticket ride, though I wouldn't be against AAs being added to it.

• Fighter Pilot

Plus CA doesn't really have a famous mountain, I just know of Big Bear Mt and Mamoth Mt. and perhaps Big Bear inspired GRR in the first place thinking CA needs a Mountain ride like DL

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    I rememeber as a kid going to DL and seeing construction on CA, at the time I had no idea what was going on. But I do remember the GRR was in its skelleton stage and we all thought it was going to be Pride Rock....boy were we ever disapointed
    Oh, I feel soooooooooooooooooo old. I was done with college, married, and had a 4 year old son by the time GRR was under construction

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I think they should change the name of Grizzly River Run to "BEAR MOUNTAIN". It's easier and I've wanted to call it that since it opened because of the bear at the top. Bear Mountain flows better instead of Grizzly River Run.
    Good idea... that's what my family and I already call it

Quote Originally Posted by KonLuvsDL View Post
    ToT serves as a "mountain" for DCA.... but since it's a copy of a pre-existing ride..
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    So an icon of a GRIZZLEY BEAR doesn't associate to GRIZZLEY Rapids to you? OK. IMO Grizzley Peak is a pretty iconic point for DCA. You can certainly disagree and true since it is not even a decade old it does not have the feeling or status that rides like SM, SplM, and the Matterhorn have, but for DCA I think it is a proper mountain and works well as a themed ride.

People do stand on the bridges and watch the vehicles go by and go down the drops. Even with out AAs I'd consider it a E ticket ride, though I wouldn't be against AAs being added to it.
    Well stated. I agree.

To me, GRR is the only well themed area of the lesser park. If they plus it with AA's and dare I hope even a small RailRoad (ala Rainbow Caverns Mine Train)all the better
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Plus CA doesn't really have a famous mountain, I just know of Big Bear Mt and Mamoth Mt. and perhaps Big Bear inspired GRR in the first place thinking CA needs a Mountain ride like DL

Shasta and Lassen are well known to those of us outside of California
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Fighter Pilot

yeah those are probably in North Cali and the ones I mention are in Southern, yeah I have no clue what other mountains are around in Cali

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The first time I rode it, I said "Where are the grizzly bears in the ride." I think that's very UN-Disney to have no AAs or other show elements.

• On Autopilot

*spits coffee at screen* Gya? The Cascade Mountain Range of California/Oregon/Washington has volcanoes! Maybe they should make a ride based off of our volcanoes? (Lassen, Shasta, Broke Off, Tehema)

Tehema could be like TDL's Journey to the Center of the earth, except it starts out outside the volcano and you see animatronics of wildlife and indian shamans, and then you enter the volcano and have to dodge lava and a big lava monster with a drop out of a smokey lava vent near the end (this would be plume rided, and I know I'm ripping off both Splash and Pirates, but it's an idea)

also, it is Disney CALIFORNIA Adventure, not Disney LOS ANGELES Adventure, so we CAN have Northern Cali stuff!
    Last edited by Larxene1959; 05-09-2007 at 08:58 AM. Reason: forgot something

• See you there!

Long, long ago... Back when they were building DCA, back when GRR was just a pile of dirt. It was during the Laguna mud sldes. We jokingly called the pile of dirt Mud Slide Mountain. The ride vehicles could have been small houses.

Don't crucify me, you know it's funny. The DCA ride idea. Not the mud slides in Laguna.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• Really!?

Lol!!!!!

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by KonLuvsDL View Post
    ToT serves as a "mountain" for DCA.... but since it's a copy of a pre-existing ride....i guess that doesn't count
    I can understand why you feel it is a "mountain" because it is tall and can be seen from all over, inside and outside the park. But as an Icon, it fails because it does not represent California well. (I think of California as innovative and cutting-edge, not dilapidated and scary.) Second, the mountains of Disneyland for the most part represent a positive image for their period or theme.

Grizzly peak does not seem like a mountain because the proportions make it look far smaller than a mountain or even a peak. It looks more like a rock formation, fairly close to the ground. At DL the mountains appear larger than because of creative perspective tricks. Space Mountain and the Matterhorn both seem much larger that Grizzly peak.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Comin' at ya!

ummmm it has a mountain...
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• My Boss Has No Idea

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Grizzly peak does not seem like a mountain because the proportions make it look far smaller than a mountain or even a peak. It looks more like a rock formation, fairly close to the ground.
    Agreed! I say rip'er down and start over with Villian Mountain! GRR won't be missed...

COMING IN THE YEAR 2020

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast