Thread: ridemax

Question ridemax

i was just curious...who on micechat uses ridemax? when you guys go on a full fledged trip (not dropping by the park like you ap holders!) do you swear by it? or do you have so much knowledge of disney do you feel its not really needed? do you play around with it for trip help but then in the end don't follow it religiously....whats your deal??? whats your thoughts?

• Fighter Pilot

Re: ridemax

I'm one of those AP guys and I've notice the highs and lows of rides just from experiance. Like back in Feb it was my friends bday and so 6 of us went and none of them been for like years and years and they wanted to leave early because I wanted to be there around 1 or so. And I said dont' worry, I'll get you on everything, I have a system. And they were iffy and needless to say I got them on everything without even rushing. SO I guess if you don't go to often or don't know anyone that goes every so often, I guess use it.

• Hiding in the shadows

I think Ridemax is a great tool for those that dont know the parks well and have specific rides they want to make sure they go on. The first time we took our daughter I used it (not to a tee, but as a guide) because I wanted to make sure she saw everything, and BTW we did follow it exactly for the first 4 hours and it was right on, including HMH FP return time.

When you start getting into fast pass rides, and crowded days for me at least its not as easy to use because although it takes advantage of FP never feel it takes full advantage, plus it creates huge breaks at times when I really dont want to take a break.

So I guess its a good use to plan what side of the park to be in morning, afternoon etc. And if you dont know the park well and have specific things you must get on, its worth it. But like everything its not an exact science.

A little piece of heaven

• Up is Down

another thread on this....
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

I have used it for parts of a day at DLR and WDW and it does work. The less you know your way around DLR, the more useful RideMax is. And the more crowded it is at DLR, the more useful RideMax is.

If you want to do a ton of rides, then even for experienced DLR visitors it can help. For example, we have a three day DLR trip in June and are toying with the idea of trying to hit every ride in DL in a single day. I used RideMax to come up with an itinerary to allow us to do this, and if we do it on our Early Entry day RideMax says we can hit every ride and still have a 4-5 hour break in the afternoon. But it also scheduled Nemo at midnight with an estimated 2 hour wait, so the day would be very long indeed. If I had to figure out how to do this on my own, I am not sure I could.

RideMax also has some tips that occasional visitors will find useful.

• Neep meep beep

I have Ridemax and I find it useful.

• Disney Starved in AZ

I was considering using this for my trip in 2 weeks!

I know the parks fairly well and I have my own things I like to do, but my boyfriend hasn't been in so many years, I want to make sure he sees everything!

Good to know!

• My Boss Has No Idea

I had to Google "Ridemax" b/c I had no idea what you guys were talking about... WOW, God bless computers!

Is there anything like this for WDW? I'm going for the first time next month and just gave $8 bucks to http://www.touringplans.com which detailed out itineraries for each park on my specific visit dates. Seems kinda similar, but not sure...

COMING IN THE YEAR 2020

• Banned User

I use my own version of ridemax: go on days when it won't be crowded.

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I use my own version of ridemax: go on days when it won't be crowded.
    Same here.

But if I was going on a somewhat busy day with first-timers, I'd consider using Ridemax.

• Senior Minion

used it last week. It is great. Use it, live it, be it, buy it.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by JafarFarAway... View Post
    I had to Google "Ridemax" b/c I had no idea what you guys were talking about... WOW, God bless computers!

Is there anything like this for WDW? I'm going for the first time next month and just gave $8 bucks to http://www.touringplans.com which detailed out itineraries for each park on my specific visit dates. Seems kinda similar, but not sure...
    RideMax has DLR and WDW versions - see www.ridemax.com . It differs from Touringplans for WDW (which I also subscribed to last year but never used) in that touringplans gives you a schedule based on the type of visitor you are (e.g., family with young children, family with teens, no kids, etc.). You do not get to choose the rides you want to go on. Touringplans chooses the rides for you.

RideMax lets you choose your own rides. Want to go on Splash Mtn twice? Just add it to the itinerary twice and RideMax will figure out when it is best to ride and pick up FPs. Want to start the dat after lunch? Just plug in your arrival and departure times and RideMax will come up with an optimized itinerary for your specific time frame.

Plus I found that RideMax was more up-to-date than Touringplans. On one day I ran a touringplans scenario and it said something about watching fireworks, even though fireworks were not scheduled for that night.

• DL Nerd

I dunno..... DLR for me is more than rides... It's about enjoying the whole Experiance...
    I have mixed feelings about this I guess... I don't wanna rush through DLR, I wanna enjoy it.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    I dunno..... DLR for me is more than rides... It's about enjoying the whole Experiance...
    I have mixed feelings about this I guess... I don't wanna rush through DLR, I wanna enjoy it.
    RideMax is not about rushing thru DLR. It is about minimizing time in lines so one has more time for other things - or more rides if one is so inclined.

• no flash photography...

I have used in in the past. it was really accurate. I haven't used it in a few years though.