Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1

    • ...and sometimes why.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The second street to the right all the way till morning blvd.
    Posts
    495

    If Walt were only here today...

    If Walt Disney were alive today would he approve of all of these movie themed rides or any of the new rides being added to the theme parks? If not then what do you think he would do diffirently? hmmm... just imagine... Oh the possibilities!

  2. #2

    • Fighter Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SAN DIEGO
    Posts
    825

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    he'd probably would say "aye?, what did you say?" on account of being 106 of age. Thats my goof off of the day.

  3. #3

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    Another one of these threads on "What would Walt think?"

  4. #4

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    I don't think CircleVision would be gone. I don't think the PeopleMover would be 'void' and I don't think Tomorrowland would be in the status it is now. Not only that, I think he would demand IMAGINATION instead of selling an attraction because of a movie.

    Some people really love it, but frankly, I think Buzz Lightyear is a really sad example of an attraction link up to a movie. It's cheaply made and to me, overall, poor show.

    Now, Peter Pan is an attraction made after a movie - but it's in Fantasyland (probably where Buzz should be) and Peter Pan is like no other attraction as we float through the air in pirate ships.....

    I think above all else, Walt Disney would demand IMAGINATION.

  5. #5

    • ...and sometimes why.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The second street to the right all the way till morning blvd.
    Posts
    495

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    lol he would he would fall apart... literally, but not of age but at the sight of DCA... lol

  6. #6

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Another one of these threads on "What would Walt think?"
    Yes it is. Are you going to comment on it or are you going to just make like you think it's boring - even though you have already commented on it....by going the extent of putting sleeping faces in your post.

    Come on E626. What do you think?

  7. #7

    • ...and sometimes why.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The second street to the right all the way till morning blvd.
    Posts
    495

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    haha sorry I didn't know there where so many of these threads and that they where so boooring... well accoding to you

  8. #8

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Yes it is. Are you going to comment on it or are you going to just make like you think it's boring - even though you have already commented on it....by going the extent of putting sleeping faces in your post.

    Come on E626. What do you think?
    Dammit D Daddy...only because it's you that I'll answer the OP's question.

    I agree with you on the Tomorrowland part and it's sad state. I believe that if DCA would have been made under his watch, it would have been a magnificent park, quite possibly with a different theme. I think he would be okay with some of the new rides that are themed from movies, the subs I bet he would enjoy because of the fact that new technology is involved in the ride. I think he would also enjoy BLAB but, of course, it would have been made better if he was watching how it was made. But the whole guest interaction feel to the ride would still be there.

    Happy now D?
    By the way...I like all the faces so I just put the sleepy ones in because I thought it was funny...Guess not.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Degaa View Post
    If Walt Disney were alive today would he approve of all of these movie themed rides or any of the new rides being added to the theme parks? If not then what do you think he would do diffirently? hmmm... just imagine... Oh the possibilities!
    Walt was adamantly against theming attractions to the company's theatrical productions


  10. #10

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Dammit D Daddy...only because it's you that I'll answer the OP's question.

    I agree with you on the Tomorrowland part and it's sad state. I believe that if DCA would have been made under his watch, it would have been a magnificent park, quite possibly with a different theme. I think he would be okay with some of the new rides that are themed from movies, the subs I bet he would enjoy because of the fact that new technology is involved in the ride. I think he would also enjoy BLAB but, of course, it would have been made better if he was watching how it was made. But the whole guest interaction feel to the ride would still be there.

    Happy now D?
    By the way...I like all the faces so I just put the sleepy ones in because I thought it was funny...Guess not.
    Quite.
    HA HA

  11. #11

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Twin City
    Posts
    9,509

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    The best thing I could say is go ask Roy O. since it seems like he is the closest thing to Walt.

    If not, then we really can't tell.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

  12. #12

    • This is my car, Stitch :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Posts
    9,958

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Walt was adamantly against theming attractions to the company's theatrical productions

    If that was true, Fantasyland wouldn't exist. No Peter Pan, Snow White, Pincocchio, Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland, Mr. Toads and even Casey Jr. Train and the Story Book Land Canal Boats since that ride has elements of many Disney films. Now that's a real eye rolling response!

  13. #13

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    I think OP is just asking for an opinion of what you think Walt would say about the resort today in accordance to how Walt ran things.

  14. #14

    • ...is fading out....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,449
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    If that was true, Fantasyland wouldn't exist. No Peter Pan, Snow White, Pincocchio, Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland, Mr. Toads and even Casey Jr. Train and the Story Book Land Canal Boats since that ride has elements of many Disney films. Now that's a real eye rolling response!
    I think that's why there WAS Fantasyland - to encompass these things. This is where they would belong - not in Tomorrowland - not in Frontierland, nor anywhere else. Those animated movies were fantasy, and placed in a land for that name.

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: If Walt were only here today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    If that was true, Fantasyland wouldn't exist. No Peter Pan, Snow White, Pincocchio, Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland, Mr. Toads and even Casey Jr. Train and the Story Book Land Canal Boats since that ride has elements of many Disney films. Now that's a real eye rolling response!
    Doctor, this patient needs an irony transplant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Walt & El Grupo (Walt Disney documentary)
    By Junthor in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 10:34 AM
  2. Vintage music of Walt Disney for sale today on WOOT
    By sweetcaroline in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
  3. How would Walt feel if he saw the park today?
    By Tiwat in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 06:11 PM
  4. Your Host Walt Disney - Got mine today and....
    By Mac Daddy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-28-2006, 09:12 AM
  5. Walt Disney Died 40 Years Ago Today...
    By DisneyFunGuy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 08:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •