Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ...and sometimes why.

The second street to the right all the way till morning blvd.

If Walt were only here today...

If Walt Disney were alive today would he approve of all of these movie themed rides or any of the new rides being added to the theme parks? If not then what do you think he would do diffirently? hmmm... just imagine... Oh the possibilities!

• Fighter Pilot

Re: If Walt were only here today...

he'd probably would say "aye?, what did you say?" on account of being 106 of age. Thats my goof off of the day.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Another one of these threads on "What would Walt think?"

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I don't think CircleVision would be gone. I don't think the PeopleMover would be 'void' and I don't think Tomorrowland would be in the status it is now. Not only that, I think he would demand IMAGINATION instead of selling an attraction because of a movie.

Some people really love it, but frankly, I think Buzz Lightyear is a really sad example of an attraction link up to a movie. It's cheaply made and to me, overall, poor show.

Now, Peter Pan is an attraction made after a movie - but it's in Fantasyland (probably where Buzz should be) and Peter Pan is like no other attraction as we float through the air in pirate ships.....

I think above all else, Walt Disney would demand IMAGINATION.

• ...and sometimes why.

lol he would he would fall apart... literally, but not of age but at the sight of DCA... lol

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    Another one of these threads on "What would Walt think?"
    Yes it is. Are you going to comment on it or are you going to just make like you think it's boring - even though you have already commented on it....by going the extent of putting sleeping faces in your post.

Come on E626. What do you think?

• ...and sometimes why.

haha sorry I didn't know there where so many of these threads and that they where so boooring... well accoding to you

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Yes it is. Are you going to comment on it or are you going to just make like you think it's boring - even though you have already commented on it....by going the extent of putting sleeping faces in your post.

Come on E626. What do you think?
    Dammit D Daddy...only because it's you that I'll answer the OP's question.

I agree with you on the Tomorrowland part and it's sad state. I believe that if DCA would have been made under his watch, it would have been a magnificent park, quite possibly with a different theme. I think he would be okay with some of the new rides that are themed from movies, the subs I bet he would enjoy because of the fact that new technology is involved in the ride. I think he would also enjoy BLAB but, of course, it would have been made better if he was watching how it was made. But the whole guest interaction feel to the ride would still be there.

Happy now D?
    By the way...I like all the faces so I just put the sleepy ones in because I thought it was funny...Guess not.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Degaa View Post
    If Walt Disney were alive today would he approve of all of these movie themed rides or any of the new rides being added to the theme parks? If not then what do you think he would do diffirently? hmmm... just imagine... Oh the possibilities!
    Walt was adamantly against theming attractions to the company's theatrical productions

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Dammit D Daddy...only because it's you that I'll answer the OP's question.

I agree with you on the Tomorrowland part and it's sad state. I believe that if DCA would have been made under his watch, it would have been a magnificent park, quite possibly with a different theme. I think he would be okay with some of the new rides that are themed from movies, the subs I bet he would enjoy because of the fact that new technology is involved in the ride. I think he would also enjoy BLAB but, of course, it would have been made better if he was watching how it was made. But the whole guest interaction feel to the ride would still be there.

Happy now D?
    By the way...I like all the faces so I just put the sleepy ones in because I thought it was funny...Guess not.
    Quite.
    HA HA

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

The best thing I could say is go ask Roy O. since it seems like he is the closest thing to Walt.

If not, then we really can't tell.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Walt was adamantly against theming attractions to the company's theatrical productions

If that was true, Fantasyland wouldn't exist. No Peter Pan, Snow White, Pincocchio, Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland, Mr. Toads and even Casey Jr. Train and the Story Book Land Canal Boats since that ride has elements of many Disney films. Now that's a real eye rolling response!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I think OP is just asking for an opinion of what you think Walt would say about the resort today in accordance to how Walt ran things.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

If that was true, Fantasyland wouldn't exist. No Peter Pan, Snow White, Pincocchio, Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland, Mr. Toads and even Casey Jr. Train and the Story Book Land Canal Boats since that ride has elements of many Disney films. Now that's a real eye rolling response!
    I think that's why there WAS Fantasyland - to encompass these things. This is where they would belong - not in Tomorrowland - not in Frontierland, nor anywhere else. Those animated movies were fantasy, and placed in a land for that name.

• Minion

Doctor, this patient needs an irony transplant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast