View Poll Results: Should we do away with Fast Pass?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! They make wait times longer.

37 30.83%
  • No. We should keep using them.

83 69.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• When Will It Return?

Re: Fast Pass needs to go away already!

^ Exactly. If you choose to not use the system, then that's your choice. When you see the people speed past you because they've been waiting a lot longer than you have, blaming the system is ridiculous.

What's also ridiculous is getting caught up in these arguments that just go around and around and around. No matter how many times I disprove anti-FP arguments, give it a week or so and they pop right back up as if they were fact.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• my two sunshines

I think the FastPass can work if the CM's are trained properly. We got in line for Splash when it was nothing, should have taken 20 min max - but the CM at the front of the line kept the stand by line up for 30 min and we waited while he let fast pass people go, even when no one was coming through he kept our line up - when we finally got on the ride, an hour later, I asked one of the CM's why they did that - they said that the Fast Pass stays open for 30 min at a time and standby just waits - I think thats balony but is it true?

I've also seen it done where the CM letting people on would let about 20 FP go, then 20 Stand by go - trade off - the line went very quickly

I love FastPass in a selfish mine mine, AKA seagulls in finding nemo mindset but if think about it from the angle of are fastpasses "fair" in the "Happiest place on Earth"? I tend to think they are not.

• It's all about Theme!

Well, the logic behind Wait Times being longer is that you have waited hours to ride the ride while others took stand by. As courtesy for your understanding you fo first.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Neep meep beep

Indiana Jones is a bad example - they are refurbishing the entire entrance, and many people see the "fastpass is closed" sign and think the entire attraction is closed. In general, fastpass spreads out the capacity of the attraction, and makes lines shorter, not longer, for peak periods.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    I think the FastPass can work if the CM's are trained properly. We got in line for Splash when it was nothing, should have taken 20 min max - but the CM at the front of the line kept the stand by line up for 30 min and we waited while he let fast pass people go, even when no one was coming through he kept our line up - when we finally got on the ride, an hour later, I asked one of the CM's why they did that - they said that the Fast Pass stays open for 30 min at a time and standby just waits - I think thats balony but is it true?

I've also seen it done where the CM letting people on would let about 20 FP go, then 20 Stand by go - trade off - the line went very quickly

this is a tired argument, but I do agree w/ what was said above.
    Some CM's have a clue w/ FP, but i've seen others that won't let stand by go through even with no on in FP.

I think it should be 20 FP, 20 Stand by.
    Not 1,000 FP, 5 Stand by

I use the FP system. I like it. Some rides I choose not to use FP because I want to take in the que line that I've seen a thousand times, but I love it so I choose to "stand by" it.
    No matter what you choose (because you chose not to educate youself and read a simple guide book or because you are anti FP system), I do agree some CM's need to be fair on the FP system (not give FP all the power, but be equal)
    And, don't evil eye others because they planned things out and found the best way to use their time at Disneyland.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Lincoln and Julie!!!

Oh my head...more fastpass threads!!! I think the poll results show what the majority from the site think. Please no more

There is no such thing proven that Fast Pass increases wait times. Sure, one could say prior to 2002 wait times were shorter but what they do not realize is that the parks weren't nearly as busy as they are today. 2001 only saw 12 million compared to the 14 million from last year.

Besides, I think the strong support for FastPass in the poll essentially proves that many people on here want it to stay.

• white and nerdy

Hey!!! The Fastpass Thread was SUPPOSE to be retired. Let him rest. He's so very, very tired. Leave him alone. He's said all that he could possibly say several times over. Let him rest.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee View Post
    Hey!!! The Fastpass Thread was SUPPOSE to be retired. Let him rest. He's so very, very tired. Leave him alone. He's said all that he could possibly say several times over. Let him rest.
    Try a wooden stake.

• Done waiting!!

Keep the Fastpass, lose the thread.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

When there is a thread topic I think is worn out and tired I do this neat little trick:

I avoid clicking the left side of my mouse when the thread is highlighted.

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    There is no such thing proven that Fast Pass increases wait times. Sure, one could say prior to 2002 wait times were shorter but what they do not realize is that the parks weren't nearly as busy as they are today. 2001 only saw 12 million compared to the 14 million from last year.

Besides, I think the strong support for FastPass in the poll essentially proves that many people on here want it to stay.
    1. What posters want might not be in the best interest of the park.
    2. The other poll about Indy in particular states otherwise. At least for Indy.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    I love FastPass in a selfish mine mine, AKA seagulls in finding nemo mindset ...
    This is pretty much the only argument presented by those in favor of FP.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    ...but if think about it from the angle of are fastpasses "fair" in the "Happiest place on Earth"? I tend to think they are not.
    This is one of the arguments presented by those who oppose FP.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Boogers are salty

I proppose we settle the fastpass issue here and now, at the next meet everyone should split up into two groups and see who can maximize their riding time, one group uses fastpass, the other doesnt. Wait times can even be measured or something. This will finally prove one case or the other.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast