View Poll Results: Should we do away with Fast Pass?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! They make wait times longer.

37 30.83%
  • No. We should keep using them.

83 69.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Fast Pass needs to go away already!

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    I proppose we settle the fastpass issue here and now, at the next meet everyone should split up into two groups and see who can maximize their riding time, one group uses fastpass, the other doesnt. Wait times can even be measured or something. This will finally prove one case or the other.
    That will only prove that it's better to maximize the strategies of FP when FP exists than to not use it when it exists. It doesn't prove that the park with FP in place is "better" (definition still to be determined) than the park without it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• :)

Gotta love those days when fast passes sell out for an attraction, than your standby wait is twice as long because they get priority and theres so many of em.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    1. What posters want might not be what I want
    2. The other poll about Indy in particular states what I want. At least for Indy.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    This is pretty much the only argument presented by those in favor of FP.
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...&postcount=268

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...&postcount=274

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=50

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=55

If you need anymore, let me know.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CAspace
    ...but if think about it from the angle of are fastpasses "fair" in the "Happiest place on Earth"? I tend to think they are not.

This is one of the arguments presented by those who oppose FP.
    That's not an argument, that's an opinion. Arguments have a statement plus reasons behind them backing up that statement. Cogent arguments even feature logical reasoning that can prove something. 'I think' is none of those.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    That will only prove that it's better to maximize the strategies of FP when FP exists than to not use it when it exists. It doesn't prove that the park with FP in place is "better" (definition still to be determined) than the park without it.
    FastPass was meant to make guest experiences 'better' by giving them an escape from being stuck in long, slow queues, and was meant to make the park 'better' by giving guests more of a chance to be out in the park visiting gift shops, eating at restaurants, or doing some other revenue-generating activity. Now obviously just being able to do that doesn't mean everyone's going to be doing those, but giving people the opportunity to is a win-win for all. After all it's the guests' experience that will make or break a place like Disneyland, no matter year the calendar says it is. Maximizing that is always in the park's best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Gotta love those days when fast passes sell out for an attraction, than your standby wait is twice as long because they get priority and theres so many of em.
    See this is what I mean about an opinion not being an argument. If you read one of my posts linked above, this is that psycological anger that gets built up and taken out on FastPass. That anger is expressed by Zeus' feeling that the wait is 'twice as long' when it's not. It might be slightly longer at one point in time when tickets are being redeemed and no longer obtained, but that happens maybe 20% of any given day. More than anything, it's a psycological frustration similar to what you feel sitting in traffic and you see a lane not yours moving and yours isn't moving. Does that mean it takes you twice as long to get through traffic? No. But, what's also important to remember is that the so-called 'normal' queue does not exist anymore. It's FastPass or it's Stand-By, one or the other, so make the choice. If you see one line moving and the other isn't really (remember this is perception, not necessarily reality) which are you going to put yourself in?

As for after the FP's are all sold out and it's stand-by or nothing, no one forces you to ride during that time. You could have gotten a FastPass if you had chosen to get there earlier, and you can choose to come back later in the evening when the stand-by is shorter. Or, you could even entertain the notion that the world's not going to start rotating backwards if you don't ride that ride that day, and you'll ride it another time. There's always a way around it.

FastPass is about making choices, not blindly following each other into long queues like sheep. The sheep are going to be sheep, I see them everytime I'm in the parks and I never understand it. But there are folks out there who don't want to be sheep, and FastPass gives us the ability to have at least a little more control over our daily experience. That is a good thing worth keeping.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Guilty!

While it would seem logical that there should be an equal number of FASTPASS and Stand-By guests that are merged together, it just doesn't happen. There is usually a FP to SB ratio of 80-20. This ratio changes depending on the attraction, but every single FASTPASS attraction favors FP over Stand-By. There's a lot of math involved, but the number of FASTPASSes issued are based on the park attendance estimate and the number of vehicles on the attraction (capacity).

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PMM, second link
    I don't like to be stuck in line so the more FP that's out there, the better I say.
    Thank you for providing examples for me, so I don't have to go get them.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Quality not quantity

There are examples infinitum of how stupid people have negatively effected the overall experience at the parks. The closure of the sykway, the crippling of the teacups, EXIT signs glaring on attractions, etc... etc....

Fastpass is one of the few remaining benefits for smart people. If you pay attention and due your homework you can get a slight benefit over the sheeple. I say that's a good thing.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Minion

One realy negative aspect of FP is that if you try to get a FP in the late afternoon you won't get one because they will be all gone. I don't usually get to the park till 4 or 5 on sundays and by then I can never get a FP for space mountain because they are always gone. Other attractions with FP are usually walk on after dark, like Pirates and Mansion, but Space continues to have a long line all the way up till closing.

• When Will It Return?

^ Well like I said about choices, you make the choice and you reap the outcome. You could get a FastPass if you came a little bit earlier, especially if you know they'll all be gone by 4 or 5. But the whole coming early to wait less has been true since long before FastPass. Thankfully FP gives you at least until the early afternoon before there's no escape from the lines instead of maybe the first hour or so.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Neep meep beep

I have news for you - without fastpass ... you'd still have a long line for Space Mountain until closing!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123