• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Will Nigel the Pelican be an Animatronic for Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage?

Just a little curious here. Will (would you like) Nigel the Pelican be apart of one of the Animatronics outside of the Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage? Where will/would they place him?

I saw Nigel in some pictures on the Nemo Dream Mobile and I thought it would be pretty cool to see him along with the "Mine!" Seagulls.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: Will Nigel the Pelican be an Animatronic for Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage?

Quote Originally Posted by KrItTeR View Post
    Just a little curious here. Will (would you like) Nigel the Pelican be apart of one of the Animatronics outside of the Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage? Where will/would they place him?

I saw Nigel in some pictures on the Nemo Dream Mobile and I thought it would be pretty cool to see him along with the "Mine!" Seagulls.
    As cool as that would be, I seriously doubt it as we have not seen him at Epcot or WDS in Paris. Maybe an addition for the future?
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Re: Will Nigel the Pelican be an Animatronic for Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage?

He would be a great "Barker" bird. With the technology of Turtle Talk and Stitch.

• the rum is always gone

they have him on top of the portable nemo submarine. Can't they just take that one and put it on a rock in the queue?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

It would also be cool. Have it like Turtle Talk, but animatronic like Rozz where he can communicate with people in line waiting so it doesn't seem like such a long time and when the line starts moving. He can inform them that thry are moving and say his "goodbyes" and wait for the next group of people to talk to.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by jawnjarvis View Post
    He would be a great "Barker" bird. With the technology of Turtle Talk and Stitch.
    I was thinking the same think. Wouldn't it be fun to have him talking with guests as they are in line, pointing them out and then conversing. It certainly would make standing in line a lot nicer.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

Quote Originally Posted by jawnjarvis View Post
    He's a puppet in the Nemo, sub, thing...

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I saw a video that someone posted on here with Nigel talking. It looks very cool!

• Sock Puppet

Underneath the "Smell Lab", and yes, dare I say, it really stinks.

Ahem, Nigel will be in the Imagination Institute, as always.

• Banned User

I really hope there is no Nigel in the new Submarine Voyage. The less nemo the better.

• Tic Tac?

Nigel was my favourite character. It would be great if he was in.

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

• Pathetically Obsessed

When the Nemo bus stopped by yesterday, I asked the CM about that. He said the seagulls on top of the bus are made by the same company that made the seagulls for WDW and the lagoon in DL. And when I asked specifically about Nigel, he said there were no plans for him at this time. Too bad. He's really well done.

If you'd like to check out the video I took of him yesterday, it's here.

• The one, the only...

They would not have to make a permanent Nigel. I understand that they are concerned about maintenance. What they can do is use the same technology as the Muppet Mobile Lab. They could have Nigel on a moving vehicle moved by a CM. He could move along the line waiting for the subs and entertain them. I know that it was not in the original budget for the Subs, but I know that it would be a hit and relieve a bit of the unpleasantness of waiting in a hot, slow moving line.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!