Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Thumbs down Worst trip ever.. 6-16-05

The parking structure (Mickey and Friends) was closed from about 9:30 last night to almost midnight. We had to wait outside and couldn't go up to our cars to leave. Kids were sleeping on the sidewalk! And to add to the problem we had stupid grad night kids everywhere acting like morons. It was horrible. I ended up waiting for my car for 3 hours and not getting any info about why we weren't allowed up except that LAPD closed the structure. That was the worst thing Disney has ever done to me and everyone else there waiting.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    Well, if LAPD said you couldn't get up there... perhaps it's not Disney's fault? Maybe it's the fault of whoever did whatever that made it have to be closed?

It really stinks that you couldn't get your car for so long though
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• All you need is LOVE

Sorry that sucks Hugs...

wow.........i wonder what happened?

• Banned User

Well Disney could've at least done something to help all of us out there waiting. I really needed some hot cocoa to calm down my wheezing from being in the night air and those little kids needed a comfortable way to lay down on the ground and sleep. As a few people suggested.. they could've given out free hotel rooms to those with very long drives home.

• OM NOM NOM

Yeah, yesterday was horrendous. The park closed at 9, so the fireworks crowd was huge. The main street shops were closed, World of Disney was jam-packed, and the crowds to the trams were enormous. Good thing I parked in Simba Lot.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• the F.O.D. solution.

Yes, it's a drag that all guests were locked out of Mickey and friends for so long. It's a drag that many Grad Nite busloads of teens had to be diverted to another lot and mix with day guests due to the closure. It's a drag that Disney didn't pass out free hot cocoa and let everyone stay free for the night in their hotels. But the biggest drag of all is that some distraught woman felt the need to jump off the 5th level of the structure to her death. The structure was closed so local authorities could talk the woman down (which they did). Sorry for your inconvenience.

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by DCACM
    Yes, it's a drag that all guests were locked out of Mickey and friends for so long. It's a drag that many Grad Nite busloads of teens had to be diverted to another lot and mix with day guests due to the closure. It's a drag that Disney didn't pass out free hot cocoa and let everyone stay free for the night in their hotels. But the biggest drag of all is that some distraught woman felt the need to jump off the 5th level of the structure to her death. The structure was closed so local authorities could talk the woman down (which they did). Sorry for your inconvenience.
    No way! Geez. Well, good thing they got her down.
    And if you are trying to make us feel bad with your last sentence - don't. It's just not cool.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    That was the worst thing Disney has ever done to me
    Did it ever come home drunk and smack you around a bit?

• Minion

This is a growing problem in our society. New York City for years has had these suicidal people leaping from tall buildings and taking out innocent pedestrians along with them.

Yesterday, here in the desert, we had a gang member flee from police and tie up the westbound I-10 freeway for hours. His totally selfish behavior impacted thousands of truckers, commuters and tourists who were diverted onto the Indian Reservation and other side roads. A drive that normally takes 20 minutes was expanded to 4 hours for those poor people unfortunate enough to be caught up in that one person's madness.

Bit off topic but few days ago some guy tried to flee from police with handcuffs on. Not a smart idea to begin with, but it gets dumber. He tried to jump an iron fence with the handcuffs still on and ended up impaling himself on the fence. Ouch. He survived though.

• Minion

Did you see the photo?

• Minion

It was horrible. I ended up waiting for my car for 3 hours and not getting any info about why we weren't allowed up except that LAPD closed the structure. That was the worst thing Disney has ever done to me and everyone else there waiting.
    LAPD? They don't have jurisdiction in Orange County. During Grad Nights, we just used to walk to the structure instead of taking the tram. But if they closed the entire garage, then something else was going on but it doesn't make one bit of sense why they closed the entire garage for a jumper or whatever. Sounds like something bigger was happening.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    Yesterday, here in the desert, we had a gang member flee from police and tie up the westbound I-10 freeway for hours. His totally selfish behavior impacted thousands of truckers, commuters and tourists who were diverted onto the Indian Reservation and other side roads. A drive that normally takes 20 minutes was expanded to 4 hours for those poor people unfortunate enough to be caught up in that one person's madness.
    Nathan got stuck in that mess yesterday. After working a full day, he went out to Palm Springs to do some inspection work. What was only supposed to take a couple of hours turned into him calling me asking me to find him a hotel room.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Former Epcot CM

Well Disney could've at least done something to help all of us out there waiting. I really needed some hot cocoa to calm down my wheezing from being in the night air and those little kids needed a comfortable way to lay down on the ground and sleep. As a few people suggested.. they could've given out free hotel rooms to those with very long drives home.
    Look, I don't mean to be unsensitive or anything and I don't know what the situation was like because I wasn't there, but they couldn't have given out free hotel rooms because most or all are booked or reserved, and there wouldn't have been enough staff on site to take care of the hot cocoa and the little kids as well as running the Disneyland Resort to at least average standard. Please don't jump to conclusions and blame it on Disney.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California