Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walkthrough..How to experience Disneyland in one day

I have received some positive feedback from my friends and guests that I have taken to Disneyland for the day. So I thought I would share some of my trip planning tips. This is more for the once a year Disneyland guest than the once a month AP'er.

So the basic plan for the day is to visit and do as much as possible at Disneyland. (hours are 8am-12am)

HUGE TIP

*** You do not have to ride the fastpass attractions at the assigned time on the ticket*******

For example:
    You get a fastpass ticket at 8am
    The ticket says your return time is 9am-10am
    YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RIDE DURING THAT TIME.
    You can come back anytime after 9am
    (sidenote this FP trick does not work at Tokyo Disneyland)

ok lets start...
    1) Get something to eat before you arrive,but don't eat at the park. Takes time away from ride time
    2) Buy your tickets in advance. Buying Tickets at the park can be slow.
    *** If you are are planning to ride the "kiddie rides" then you have to be there at opening****
    3) Arrive at the parking lot by 7:30. It takes about a 1/2 hour to get from parking lot to inside the park.
    (TIP#1) Get locker inside the park (it saves time) and bring a blanket if you would like something to sit on for Fantasmic
    4) Once inside the park head to Space Mountain and grab a fastpass (do not ride space mtn.)
    (TIP #2): if NEMO Subs are open go there after you get Space MTN. fastpass)
    ***TIMES SHOWN are ESTIMATES***
    8:15am to 9:30am
    5) Head to Fantasyland and do as many rides as possible by 9:30am
    a) Peter Pan needs to be 1st
    b) Toads Wild Ride
    c) Dumbo
    d) Casey Jr
    e) Snow White, Pinnochio (any order)
    f) Alice in Wonderland then Tea Cups
    g) Matterhorn
    f) Storybook Land
    9:45am-10:30am
    6) Head to Toontown
    a) Gadget Coaster
    b) Mickeys House
    c) Visit all around Toontown
    d) Roger Rabbit Toontown Spin
    e) Small World
    (TIP #3 if you arrive at around 10am at the park then skip Fantasyland and Toontown get fastpass for Space Mountain ride Matterhorn, then SUBS, While Waiting in line for SUBS have someone in group go get a Splash MTN. fastpass when the time to get a new pass comes up)
    10:45am -11:15am
    a) Buzz LightYear, Star Tours (ride whatever has the shorter line)
    11:30am-12:30pm
    a) Get fastapss for Splash Mountain
    b) Winnie the Pooh
    c) Big Thunder Mountain
    d) Have Lunch (Stage Door Cafe, Golden Horseshoe (great timing if Billy Hill is playing) and the Bengal BBQ
    12:30pm-2:00pm
    a) Jungle Cruise or get fastpass for Indiana Jones if its available
    b) Pirates Of The Carribean
    c) Haunted Mansion
    2:00pm -3:30pm
    a) Tom Sawyer Island
    3:45pm-5:15pm
    a) Splash Mountain
    b) Enchanted Tiki Room (get a dole whip if your waiting for the next show or have someone in your party get another fastpass for any ride that you might ride later at night)
    5:30-6:45pm
    a) Dinner Time (New Orleans, Pizza Port, Rancho Zocalo, Blue Bayou all good places to sit and eat)
    (TIP #4 Blue Bayou is expensive but you can make reservations and if done early enough can save ALOT of time)
    7:00pm -8:30pm
    a) Autopia
    b) Space Mountain
    8:45pm - 9:55pm
    a) Remember:Fireworks Show
    (TIP #5 my favorite location for the fireworks is in the middle of the street between where Main Street ends and The Hub meet. Try to center it to where you can easily see the castle and if you look to the right you see the Matterhorn)
    (TIP #6 Get your spot first. If and when you get there people are sitting down just wait to the side. The CM's will eventuall tell those people to stand up. That is when you make your move to get closer and toward the middle)
    (TIP #7 As you wait for the show. Someone in your party should go grab the jackets and or blanket from the lockers )
    9:55-11pm
    a) 2nd showing of Fantasmic
    (TIP #8 after the fireworks make sure you head directly to the Rivers of America and try to get a seat up front right across from the house on the island)
    (TIP #9 If the seating near the river is packed stand behind the light tower that is directly in front of the house on the island. The tower will seem like its in your way of the show but when it gets closer to showtime the tower raises up and out of view giving you a perfect spot )
    11pm- 12am
    a) Do whatever you like. For example use the 2nd Space Mountain Fastpass or ride Big Thunder in ther dark etc...

So there it is. My thoughts on how you can get the most out of your one day at Disneyland. This has worked perfectly for the busiest days (7/4/06) to the not so busy days (not during a holiday weekend)

If anyone has thoughts or has actually used this plan then let me know I would love to hear from you. I can also create a Disneyland and DCA parkhopper in one day walkthrough as well

btw you can PM if you have any questions as well

Thx for taking the time to read this,
    -Brian
    Last edited by Brisal73; 05-11-2007 at 08:21 AM.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Walkthrough..How to experience Disneyland in one day

Wow...sounds pretty neat but I'd neat a lot of caffiene to do an 8AM to Midnight trip.

• I love this place!

Sounds good, but I'd never make it either! And with the Subs re-opening this year your plan may be reduced to:

8:00AM Enter park
    8:05AM Get in line for subs
    11:00PM Ride subs
    12:00pm Go home

If I was to try an all day, 16 hour do-or-die marathon, I'd definitely print-out your list.

There is a part in the post where I state how to hit he park if you arrive around 10am. Only problem is Fantasyland and Toontown would be a zoo so those are places you would want to hit early in the morning...Or waiting in long lines you will be.

• Directly directed

I'm going May 21st. I have from 9 am to 8 pm. And we're eating breakfast because I love those mickey mouse pancakes. Wish me luck.

• Hillary scares me.

Tip #10: Always get toasted in the privacy of your car on the way over. There's security cameras everywhere!

• I'm Flying High

I have a group of friends who hate Six Flags, and that's where our grad nite is, so instead, the day after we're probably going to Disneyland for the day. I'll probably use that. Thanks so much!
    The daydream princess

• California Golden Bear

Disneyland is very doable in one day, if you have the right attitude. I did DL in one day during the week between Christmas and New Years. I didn't make a firm plan like yours, and still managed to ride every attraction except SBL, the Teacups, Dumbo, the Canoes, KAC, the Orbitron, BLAST, Autopia and iasw. We even had time for a nice monorail ride to DtD and lunch at ESPN, dinner at Cafe Orleans, and we caught F! and the Christmas fireworks in the evening. The trick is to be spontainous, if as you're walking through FrL the Twain is at the dock, hop on. That's the way to experience the park. Remember you're going to the Happiest Place on Earth, not launching an invasion. Even on the most crowded days you can still do nearly every
    "Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life. All men will want to be free and share our way of life... I thank God and America for the right to live and raise my family under the flag of tolerance, democracy and freedom."
    -Walt Disney, March 1, 1941

“Whatever success I have had in bringing clean, informative entertainment to people of all ages, I attribute in great part to my Congregational upbringing and my lifelong habit of prayer. To me, today, at age sixty-one, all prayer, by the humble or highly placed, has one thing in common: supplication for strength and inspiration to carry on the best human impulses which should bind us together for a better world. Without such inspiration, we would rapidly deteriorate and finally perish. But in our troubled time, the right of men to think and worship as their conscience dictates is being sorely pressed. We can retain these privileges only by being constantly on guard and fighting off any encroachment on these precepts. To retreat from any of the principles handed down by our forefathers, who shed their blood for the ideals we still embrace, would be a complete victory for those who would destroy liberty and justice for the individual.”
    Walt Disney, Deeds Rather Than Words

Roxystar . Let me know how it works out

The way to go to Disneyland is not to rush and hurry through things (chicken with head cut off syndrom).

You might have seen this at Disneyland... a family cant decide where to go and when they get to an attraction they decide to go somewhere else because the line is to long. This becomes a waste of time and one heck of an exercise.

So you definetly need to know how and when to go on certain attractions. With the proper use of the above guide Im positive you can do everything in a smooth and planned manner.

FORGOT ONE TIP

*** You do not have to ride the fastpass attractions at the assigned time on the ticket*******

For example:
    You get a fastpass ticket at 8am
    The ticket says your return time is 9am-10am
    YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RIDE DURING THAT TIME.
    You can come back anytime after 9am
    (sidenote this FP trick does not work at Tokyo Disneyland)

My tip #2 would be, eat an early light breakfast on your way to the park. Eat a banana or get a breakfast burrito at Del Taco or something. All that running around will take a lot of energy.

Katprint

I would also recommend avoiding early entry days! They will mess up your early Fantasyland / Subs schedule.

Unless, of course, you are able to take advantage of EE.

So has anyone tried this method?

I took a group of 5 in June (Disneyland and DCA in 1 day) and the plan worked
    and
    I took a couple yesterday Sunday (Disneyland only) and it worked.

I actually got paid both times for my time and food. Everyone has said they had a great time and it was worth every penny they paid. They all said I should make this a business

Longest wait time was 1/2 hour for my guests

Completed on trip one 8am-12am (Disneyland and DCA):
    (DL part1)Peter Pan, Mr. Toads, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, Tea Cups, Matterhorn, Roger Rabbit, Gadget Coaster, Mickeys House, Nemo Subs,
    Buzz Lightyear, Thunder Mountain, Golden Horseshoe, Pirates Lair, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, Dole Whip...
    (DCA) Soarin, Grizzly, Muholland Madness, Orange Stinger, Sun Wheel, California Screamin, Dinner at the Pier/Bay area, Tough to be a Bug, Walkthrough Flik Fair, Monster Inc., Tower of Terror...
    (DL Part 2) Space Mountain, Fireworks, Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, Star Tours, Space Mountain. Go Home

Yesterdays Trip Report (Disneyland Only)
    Peter Pan, Mr. Toads, Dumbo, Casey Jr, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, Tea Cups, Matterhorn, Roger Rabbit, Walkthrough Toontown, Gadget Coaster, Mickeys House, Small World, Toontown Train to NOS
    Big Thunder, Pirates Lair, Lunch at Hungry Bear
    Winnie The Pooh, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Treehouse, Jungle Cruise, Enchanted Tiki Room, Dole Whip, Parade.
    Nemo Subs, Innoventions Walkthru, Honey I Shrunk, Dinner at Blue Bayou.
    Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Fireworks, Fantasmic, Matterhorn, Autopia, Space Mountain.

Everything you see above was done in that order. PM or IM if you have any questions.

YahooIM= brisal714
    AIM= brisal25

Next trip I have set is August 18th...36 people so far...Im a bit nervous, but the plan should still work

-Brian

A cousin of mine is coming to town towards late Sept. for my other cousin's wedding and she told me she wants to go to Disneyland again. (I think I got her hooked :P ) I'm curious about following this pattern. But how long was your wait for the Subs? I am sure they would wouldn't want to wait 2 hours for that ride with a 2.5 year old in tow. My brother is also supposed to bring my niece for her first trip on her first birthday and again, I'm curious about using this list of yours.

• Still lost in Neverland

At one time in the past, a little time after Fantasmic! first opened, a friend and I went on a Sunday during the Off Season, remember them. Park was not crowded at all. We got there at opening and by 11am had ridden every single ride that was open and were wondering what to do until it was time to stake out our spot for Fantasmic! which was usually around 4:30pm. But I guess now days with the crowds at the Part no matter the season, this planning would work out just great. You would be dog tired by the time it was over, but it would be so worth. I can't think of any other way to spend a day than at Disneyland.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast