Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 5/10: Refurbs, Pirate's Lair (+audio testing), Subs, merch, +MORE

Another update Enjoy.

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!

New Year of a Million Dreams pavers are appearing in the esplanade

REFURBLAND
    Various refurbishments, repaintings, and other sprucings-up at the park are taking place. Glad to see maitenance is on-going at the Happiest Place On Earth.

Monstro at Storybook Land is getting a cleaning:

Over at Frontierland's old Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland tunnel, the pond has been drained.

I wonder if this is just a routine cleaning (this area was getting pretty dirty)... Or is this perhaps the first step in getting part of a mine train bridge rebuilt? Afterall, the tunnel area was recently rebuilt and fixed up... why not *** the bridge back in there? Rebuilding this leftover piece of the Mine Train thru Natures Wonderland attraction would be a nice nod to the past, as well as adding back a nice set piece for this part of the park.

You can see the jumping fish mechanism in the empty pond.

Is this part of the old mine car that was on the bridge?

This neighboring area is being drained as well... The entire area over here has a bad smell to it, but this area in particular is terrible. The sludge smells like sewage. Yuck! Good thing its being cleaned out.

The water is shared with part of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, so this area is drained as well, along with a waterfall on the side of Big Thunder.

The Mark Twain's refurb presses on...

...as Splash Mountain's refurb winds to an end.

Meanwhile, in New Orleans Square, the back side of the French Market has construction walls up...

And the Court de Angels is out from behind construction walls, showing off a bit of new paint.

The work on the Disney Gallery's dining room continues... Construction materials are seen on the balcony outside the dining room's windows..

The Gallery's main balcony, however, recently got plexiglass coverings on the backsides of the ironwork that makes the WD and RD initials.

CONSTRUCTION LAIR
    Construction continues on Pirate's Lair as painting and detailing is added to the shipwreck pieces.

A white truck was on the Railroad side of the river:

A new green bell has been added to the mast:

They started testing audio on the Island about an hour before park closing. The audio was score from the Pirates of the Caribbean films, and it was loud, coming directly from the Island. The New Orleans area music along the river was turned off. Here are a couple videos where you can hear the audio - I didn't edit these videos at all - the audio coming from the Island was that loud.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAd_4qCLMM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmiEV-_OjKw[/YOUTUBE]

TESTING NEMO
    Subs are testing regularly now, as we all know... here are a couple of shots that were taken on May 7....

MERCHANDISE
    A look at a few new pieces of merchandise around the Resort...

A new Goofy big fig is now available at Disneyana:

Why we need another set of Auctioneer and Red Head figurines is beyond me, but these are coming out later this month. I don't like them. The Auctioneer big fig is exceptionally better, in my opinoin.

Also being released with the Auctioneer and Red Head is the drunken pirate with the pigs.

Speaking of Pirates merch... Some new t-shirts have been released (actually, a lot of Pirate merch has been released over the past few months... most of it I never took pictures of... the following pictures is a taste of some of the newest Pirates merch)...
    Women's:

Men's:

A new variation on the Pirate Mickey Ears:

Pirates Crocs:

Over at World of Disney, the Pirates of the Caribbean display room has been spruced up a bit. The posters on the walls have been updated to "At World's End" posters. Oddly enough though, I think they used old publicity shots of Johnny and Orlando from Dead Man's Chest on these posters. Oh well...

There are some minor additions to the room's themeing as well...
    Including this dangling treasure chest...

And these tattered sails:

And some other "Hawaiian" merch has been for the ladies is out now as well...

And a tin boxed set of postcards featuring the "Where Dreams Come True" character/attraction designs is now available:

...Alright.. that's it! Hope you enjoyed the update.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 05-11-2007 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Switched videos from PhotoBucket to YouTube.... and whoa, spelling!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 5/10: Refurbs, Pirate's Lair (+audio testing), Subs, merch, +MORE

so many changes just since we left on monday morning! thanks for the update!
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• All you need is LOVE

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 5/10: Refurbs, Pirate's Lair (+audio testing), Subs, merch, +MORE

Sweet thanks

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

Man, I leave for a few days and look what happens!

Thanks for the update! Excellent TR. Soon we'll all be hearing the stunt show and the bootstrappers from that overly loud BGM system on the island. Are ya' ready?!

• Beep Beep!

Great update MG!
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wow!! How in ther world do you get such awesome photos!!! Fantastic! Looks like they are trying to get a LOT of stuff fixed up, cleaned up and ready for the anticipated summer crowds!

Must....have.... new... Mickey.....pirate....ears......!!!!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Awesome! Thanks for the pics...we are so excited for our trip in Aug. when all the new stuff IS done. I am at work right now so I will wait to check out the Pirate audio.
    Cheers!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Too bad you can't include the odor in the Update.
    Scratch 'n Sniff pond water.

Or maybe it's better not. Your description was highly... descriptive.

Terrific photos and great audio/video as well!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Great photos, thank you for sharing! The one of Monstro looks he's at the dentist, with a huge dental dam on...

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

WOW!!! THanks for all of that! Loved the pics and of the Gallery ironwork with WD's intials!
    Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

What do they do with the live fish and turtles that live in the pond when they drain it?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Too bad you can't include the odor in the Update.
    Scratch 'n Sniff pond water.

Or maybe it's better not. Your description was highly... descriptive.

Terrific photos and great audio/video as well!
    Scratch 'n' Sniff sewage smells. Yumm!!!

...Reminds me of the Harry Potter Bertie Botts jelly beans and those horrendous flavors. Vomit jelly bean? No thanks. Scratch 'n' sniff sweage photos? Double no thanks!
    Thanks for the nice comments

Quote Originally Posted by july baby View Post
    What do they do with the live fish and turtles that live in the pond when they drain it?
    I wondered the same thing. I'm sure they're all safe and sound, but I wonder where they go and how they go about rounding them all up and transporting them...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Someone's excited!

Nice update, Master. (Okay that sounded weird....)
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

• Beer is good beer.

Thumbs up Re: PHOTO UPDATE 5/10: Refurbs, Pirate's Lair (+audio testing), Subs, merch, +MORE

Great update - thanks so much for sharing with us!
    M A S E C A !

• Premium Youngling and

Hey MG, thanks for those videos! It sounded like the audio was at the level that F! is at... do you know of any other shows that include audio that you can compare the TSI music level to?

Thanks for the update!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast